123457»

Comments

• Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    I always heard that ocean boaters love fresh water boats lol
    special older that are not beat up by salt water 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    His broker was going to truck it down there.  Might actually be smart ... if it stays here, he'll be making payments on it until April.  
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he is going to bring it down then I'd think that would be good-south Florida? Better chance here than winterized there, that's for sure! Good luck to your friend.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Florida is a huge state and a huge boating market. If the boat isn't down there, I don't think he'll have much of a chance selling, as there's tonnes of boats sitting in yards there for sale. 

You might get lucky though, pitching the fresh water angle ... although is it sea water cooled, or does it have a fresh water cooling system?

There wasn't much damage from what I've been told on the west coast, but south and east coast might have had damage. No doubt, as soon as the insurance has processed the claim and is ready to pay, their will be people shopping for boats. Boating is almost like owning a car down there, if you're living anywhere close to the coast.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprised he cannot sell it on the east coat. How long has it been on the market? Is he asking to much? He may still be making pmts till spring.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, after seeing my buddies clunker sell this summer (a boat I wouldn't take if someone paid me to have it), I'm convinced any boat can sell, it's simply a matter of price, provided there isn't something that's a deal killer like there's a huge hole in the bow (and even in those cases, you can probably still make a deal).

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Like the car business...a$$ for every seat!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    Oh, it'll sell easily ... in April.  Nobody here buys boats this time of year.  Buyers wait until April, or they try to low-bid and get a bargain. 

If it doesn't sell until April, he'll have to pay for winterization, storage and four more boat payments.  The question is whether a quick sale in Florida would offset the cost of shipping it there.  I think it might. 

Plus, now that he has his like-new 2014 310, the 270 is a distraction!
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't @Trashman looking for a boat?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but not a 270, that's what he just sold.
    Can you say BIGGER
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for keeping me in mind.  Still looking.  Not many for sale in the no area worth a look.  
  • Options
    Irma update on the Florida east coast....the river has lowered a bit enough that some of the ramp are opening...as soon as I get my bathroom done I can get back in the water for testing! No where to o but if I can get my leak resolved, I can head to the coast.