Options

Longest trip in 270

1235»

Comments

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    @McGarnicle - honestly the chain is for boozing and boating...great lakes is where skills come into play and honest to goodness boating.

BTW...I'm not calling you a boozer...just the gen population of the chain.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    @skennelly You don't subscribe to the saying "I'm an alcoholic with a boating problem"?

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    I need a dinghy to deal with crowds. Charleston is lost to transplants with boats and little experience. The ramps suck, the piers suck, the docks suck, I try to avoid the lot of it (jaded for 36 years old, huh?). I want a dinghy so I can launch Thursday, anchor out, run back to the house, and then have the boat on the water for the weekend. Or to be able to run the dog to the beach, or the kids to pull crab traps (try running from the helm to the swim platform in 6kt of current before the buoy floats past - it's tough). Or for when the big boat is too much work and we want a quick after-dinner cruise. Plenty of reasons for a quality dinghy.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to have one but seems a bit much on our 270...I have an inflatable but as mentioned being 2rick power, not going to far with it....on the coast it would be nice...
  • Options
    McGarnicleMcGarnicle Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    skennelly said:
    @McGarnicle - honestly the chain is for boozing and boating...great lakes is where skills come into play and honest to goodness boating.

BTW...I'm not calling you a boozer...just the gen population of the chain.
    I actually don't drink, but couldn't agree more about the Chain. 
  • Options
    luvinlifeluvinlife Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    Diggin, J3ff and Renee I will post when I head to Block and who knows, maybe we will coordinate docktails.  My first trip is now on July 6th 
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, I'm taking a jetski to cape cod last full week in July.. would be fun to dump it in at any ramp on the way to meet up with you guys. Also will probably be back right near the newport beach club for a day or two.. 
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    I’ll Be in Block somewhere between August 3-12... 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 miles per trip before fueling?  That's like 7 hours of boating ... okay if you anchor somewhere, but do you have a generator, and how much fuel will the generator consume overnight?  If you are planning to sleep at marinas each night, I wouldn't plan to boat more than 3 hours a day ... you'll be exhausted boating 7 hours every day for 10 days straight.  Plus the whole point is to stop at a marina get off and explore the port.  By the way, having a couple of foldable bikes goes a long way.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"