Options

Stanley Cup Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,570 mod
    We can debate whether the hit was legal or avoidable, but I guess the league was more focused on the injury.  Gonna be interesting at PPG tonight.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    Looks like Tampa is a little too fast for the Bruins. Seems like every time they get a good look at the net they shoot wide..... Tampa is very fast........ Just say'n....... Hey Handy I hope Wilson knows how to play golf. Cheap shot artist............
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your blind old man Ray . Shoulder to shoulder. Even Stevie Wonder could see that. Hahahah
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So his broken jaw and concussion is fake news and it is really a broken shoulder since it was a shoulder to shoulder hit. He also didn't leave his skates to elevate.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Thanks Cableguy Greg now you know what I have to put up with.......lol
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g8dkIUTseA      Cheap shot artist!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    See how their shoulders are together and skates on the ice?? I rest my case
  • Options
    You need to go to the eye doctor. Clearly a hit to the face. 3 games is not enough. He should have gotten however long Reese is out. You are a homer...... 2 bad hits in 2 games...... nuff said.........
  • Options
    Funny how no one else gets in trouble for hits
  • Options
    Stop the nonsense it was a bad, very bad hit............ Now no more crying....
  • Options
    OK, Wilson's right skate leaves the ice.  But ZAR's right skate also leaves the ice as he's elevating to go after Wilson, so he's just as guilty. 

I have to wonder if maybe -- just maybe -- ZAR wanted to punish Wilson for the hit on Dumoulin.  Probably every big guy on the Pens bench came in with the same idea.  

The league made the right choice.  There's no telling what mayhem might have gone down tonight with Wilson on the ice.  
  • Options
    If you look closely both of Wilsons skates leave the ice. Now with all this being said. I do not think Wilson tried to hit him in the head but he clearly did. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Barely......lol Reese is jaw is at the other end of the rink.......... Handy as soon as you told me to look at the replay the other night I told you right off the bat "bad hit" I knew it would cost him at least a couple of games. 
  • Options
    Just watched a video of Brad Marchands dirty hits .Wow
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    If you look closely both of Wilsons skates leave the ice.  
    After the hit from ZAR, his entire body left the ice!  Darn near put him into the first row!  
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Just watched a video of Brad Marchands dirty hits .Wow
    Dont change the subject. Marchand is a dirty little ba$t@rd no doubt. He has had his share of suspensions. Doesn't change the fact that Wilson's went head hunting...... 
  • Options
    Raybo, you need to watch the entire replay.  In the clip from the Pittsburgh station, they cut out the part where Wilson is literally propelled off the ice surface into the bench.  ZAR gave as good as he got.  

Go to 0:40 in this video, and tell me ZAR wasn't trying to take Wilson out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DesV4FgSbsY
  • Options
    I totally dont agree. To me it looks like ZAR saw him late and was bracing himself for the hit. Wilson hit him in the face (head) plain and simple. Look even the league thought so or he would not have been suspended. IMO it was a bad hit. Remember I am not a fan of either team so I have no stake in this. I am just telling how I see it. Believe me I have seen Marshand get suspended and say "what for" when in fact he got what he deserved....... I did not see the play live. When Handy texted me and said Pen fans were complaining about the hit I looked at the replay and immediately texted him back and said bad hit. I knew he was going to get at least a couple of games......... 
  • Options
    Its all fixed so the baby penguins, the champs get an edge 
  • Options
    I'm not declaring Wilson innocent, but don't you think he had a price on his head?  I've read The Code.  They were 15 feet apart when they established eye contact.  To my non-player eye, that's time enough for ZAR to duck, turn or hit the brakes, but he went after him.  

But those are details that don't matter.  The league did the right thing.  If they had let Wilson play tonight, the distraction would have dominated the night if not the series.  Now I'm gonna go watch some hockey!
  • Options
    Pens in 6 now .
  • Options
    The Pens and Caps are so evenly matched that anybody could take it.  Great hockey!
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    The Pens and Caps are so evenly matched that anybody could take it.  Great hockey!
    Agreed!!!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Play off hockey is the best of all sports IMO.....
  • Options
    Handy be all Caps are doomed, Pens are doomed, Bruins are doomed.  He would make a great talk-radio host:  just think of the most controversial thing you can say, then say it with conviction! 
  • Options
    Handy would not last 5 min in Boston sports talk. Its pretty intense here. They put sports radio talk on TV here.......lol. After 5 min everyone would know that Handy is a sports fraud..........LMFAO 
  • Options
    Bruins are slower than diesels just sayin
    I was right again
  • Options
    Handy the Bruins are not really that slow of a team. If fact they are much faster then they have ever been. However Tampa is faster than the Bruins and it has shown the last 2 games. They smothered the Bruins once they got the lead. 
  • Options
    vyborny1 said:
    also, arguable the best goalie in the world
    Who would that be?