Options

Fall Boating

124»

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod

oh man!  Not the picture I wanted to see. 

I must be getting old, because I just hang it up in late October anymore.  Tomorrow will be probably the earliest I've winterized, but that's what I'll be doing. 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bry1429 , the next time I am in Chicago, I want a ride!!! Great looking shots.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running from the city. I like it.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    @Willhound we are having that this afternoon!  That's it for me, full winterize tomorrow.
  • Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Deal ! As long as you make sure to bring along light South/Southwest winds into town with you 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,568 mod
    You guys, quit talking about the STSNBN.  It's too soon.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bry1429 said:
    Deal ! As long as you make sure to bring along light South/Southwest winds into town with you 
    Will do!!! I am in the Champaign/Urbana area 4-5 times a year visiting my in-laws. I like to hit up Chi town once a year. Unfortunately it doesn't always happen.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last run today. Started off not bad and then a strong wind warning came up on the VHF. Within 10 minutes there was about a two foot chop. And then 3. So back to the marina. I'm the last one in "Cruiser Row" at the marina. One small Four Winns off on the other side to come out. I  like being  Last out because then I'm first in come spring.  B)

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 ft'er are a little tough on the 270, 2 ft'er were the biggest I was ever in. That was choppy enough. We had our first frost here last nite. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We found we did not like the pounding three footers made on our 2013 EC 310 but they were nothing on our 2014 EC 360. the extra weight and heft smacked them down.
  • Options
    goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    Hey BD, did you replace your emblems, they look great. Did you have them made up for you. 
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    15 footers on lake Michigan yesterday....18 and 20 footed reported too.  Yikes

Today is my haul out day.  Much better today
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like the North Atlantic...thats crazy!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,568 mod
    Unretouched photo of last night's sunset in DC ... we brought about 20 boats from our club and took over the new DC Wharf marina for the weekend.

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭
    @skennelly - Making the trip from Burnham down the river to Chicago Yacht Works tomorrow. Glad NWS is only forecasting 10-15 kt winds and 1-3 footers :-) 

Would not wanted to have pulled out on Friday or Saturday. It was definitely the Windy City this weekend...
  • Options
    McGarnicleMcGarnicle Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    TonyG13 said:
    @skennelly - Making the trip from Burnham down the river to Chicago Yacht Works tomorrow. Glad NWS is only forecasting 10-15 kt winds and 1-3 footers :-) 

Would not wanted to have pulled out on Friday or Saturday. It was definitely the Windy City this weekend...
    Saturday was nuts, went to my slip to take down my gazebo and get everything ready for the winter and my boat **** near ripped the cleats right off the pier. 
  • Options
    Awesome day today to bring the boat to the yacht yard. But also kinda sad, since it was so awesome - but we all know what's coming. BURRR....

A few shots of Lake Michigan at its finest - less than one footers...

...then through downtown after the locks...

...and under the L tracks...

...and waiting for the Amtrak bridge lift...

A perfect last day! :-)
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool pics. I've always enjoyed seeing a city from its' waterfront and waterways. A unique point of view. I think I walked across one of those bridges my last time in Chicago to go over to the Billy Goat Tavern downstairs in the Wrigley building parking lot.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    Thanks for the pics Tony!  I used to visit Chicago a lot when my sister lived downtown.  I never got to see it from the water, but always thought it'd be neat!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Good ol' Billy Goat. Still there. Still a pit. Still fun. :-)

The view from the river is definitely a great perspective - though it's becoming a victim of its own success. When we first starting boating 20 years ago, it was a pleasant cruise, now with the exponential growth of tour boats, water taxis, kayakers, and SUPs, it is like a freeway rush hour on weekends. Weekday mornings is about the quietest time nowadays.
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    the 6 to 7 month wait started yesterday 
  • Options
    Did you find the beer that's on your swim platform at the end of the rainbow!? LOL :-)
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping for the winning  mega ticket