Options

engine alignment

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because we finally found someone that is cheaper than I am!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Can I drill it out and install a bushing like this?
  • Options
    pistolepistole Member Posts: 158 ✭✭
    that pressure sender probably sit in the oil side and not the raw water side ya ? If thats the case , drilling it will send brass bits into the oil side. Maybe not such a great idea.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Dang it..will pull it out and see what be done if anything....i can't imagine how someone screwed this up to begin with, a real mystery to me...I would say however since water was shooting out of the hole...so you have an in and out line for the oil, is there like a coil in there for the water to glow across to cool it? What's in there?
  • Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    small fitting oil, wound around cylinder internally to exit underneath cylinder.  big fitting water and your main 'in' when pulling water from the out drive.  not a whole lot to them.... 

i once used one in conjunction with a eberspacher diesel fired coolant heater... ran the coolant through the big line and fuel from the lift pump through the smaller one to make it a water to oil heater..... never come close to gelling even in the great white north and temperatures down to -45f... 

fluid to fluid exchanges are a LOT more efficient than fluid to air exchanges... 
  • Options
    so, made some progress.....was able to get the cooler out without to much trouble. Sure would have been easier when the motor was out! Also, made a real mess of my pretty clean beige. Oh well, bound to happen I suppose anyway. I don't think I'm going to try to fix it. Found one for 150 on Ebay unless someone knows a better plan. I guess I'm a little disapointed that a shop did this. The PO would not have done much work on the boat himself. Someone must have dropped something like a heavy tool or something and broke off the fitting for the sensor. Rather that fix it properly, came up with this concoction. The part is 200 bucks and not that hard to get off. Probably spent more time jerry rigging it than just fixing it right to begin with. Oh well. Just set me back a couple of weeks. Did get the trim working although the adjustment to the position does not seem to dial in very well, will have to work on that. My Dad passed away earlier this week, he was very ill and a blessing if you know what I mean but kine of puts everything on hold for the next week. Life sure take a bite out of time to do what you want. 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rasbury , sorry for your loss.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Thanks @aero3113
    It seems like the only thing I really have time for is work!
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes sorry for your loss 
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss Ras
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    The trim position is pretty fussy all say
  • Options
    It's all good..88 with all kinds of issues...got him in a home 4 months ago and its just been down hill since...he was tired. He was ready. I just don't look at death as a bad thing in this situation. He will be missed but hopefully in a better place. He wanted me to get this boat in the water!
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    U almost there 
    get her done 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod

Oh man Ras!  Sorry to hear about your loss. My old man lives down your way and I sure don't look forward to the day he passes.  I sure haven't seen him enough over the last 15 years or so. 

I sure feel it's been tough for you, but I don't feel sad, (don't take this wrong).  I just want to have a nice drink with you (I know you know don't drink beer, I don't either, but a good mixed drink can be quite tasty) and toast for how you take things in life!  I don't know, you sure seem to have the patience and I admire you for that!  good luck and know that you are in my prayers! 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, condolences Ras, been a tough year for you.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Thanks all, it has been a character building year for sure. I got the cooler ordered. I had a hard time hitting the purchase button however...best price I found was WalMart!
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    Sorry for your loss. May your dad R.I.P.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Thanks ray...the thought are appreciated for sure.
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss Ras. But as you said, sometimes for the best. Good luck in gettin' 'er dun!
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    @rasbury , sorry to hear about your dad, my condolences to you and your family!!
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    So, sitting on the boat with a nice cocktail listening to Christmas music..to bad it is still out front. Part was supposed to be here today, last look wears looking at tomorrow at 8 pm. I sent a nasty gram to the company. Reply I got was I ordered the part on Saturday and Monday was honaka so there was just know way to get it here on the promised day I paid an extra 20 bucks for shipping to get. That got another enthused response from me- but does not help the part. On the plus side, I did mow my yard, put down fertilizer and bug stuff and the yard looks good. This weekend will hopefully be the lights. I'm not going back into storage until I fire this sucker up!\
  • Options
     I'm not going back into storage until I fire this sucker up!\
    That a boy stay tuned!!
  • Options
    My brother, preparation and staging is where its at, including preventive maintenance.  Donkey work, yes,  do it.  It Will belay the OS (oh spit) knee jerk reactions 150%.  Life is better, so strange as it sounds, when you can look west and inform the admiral "oh, no biggie, thay was just a rod through 4 and 6, we got this" ratger than "Snap!!!! §§§^]§Г°!#&!!!! "... 

Youre on a course, Sir.., you may not realize it..... Bit you are .

• Options
  • Options
    So, fired it up, added coolant and calling it a victory! Still need to put the props on, tidy up some wires but pretty much good to go...closing this chapter!
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    You shift her 
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    So, fired it up, added coolant and calling it a victory! Still need to put the props on, tidy up some wires but pretty much good to go...closing this chapter!

Been watching this for a while now Ras.....not sure what the heck I'm gonna do once you splash her and this post comes to an end!!!!
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    That’s true it been a long road for you that was a big job to take on,along with everyday to day life,it’s hard to stay at it and get it done 
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Got that right - its hard to even go through how much "life" I have had this past almost two years...and this really started with bellows replacement. And @DanD2 , we all know its never really over, its a boat! But, same with a car, or a motor home or a motorcycle etc. etc.....just seems more frivolous with a boat. To pull the motor, outdrive, transom asy and rebuild I probably spent two grand? I have no clue what a shop would have charged but assume they would have replaced for 10 grand? Anyway, shooting for back in the water after Christmas maybe, certainly close to the first.
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    @rasbury, a big tip o' the hat to you sir, for having the fortitude to stick with it and see it through. You have gained so much valuable experience, it would be hard to quantify. Fingers crossed you get her in the drink and she performs flawlessly!