• cls10105cls10105 Member Posts: 352 ✭✭
    @skennelly thank you
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • pault1216pault1216 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    More new pics please!   -Paul
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HGTV - Flippin' Boats 
  • javhavjavhav Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    here some more pics of what I've been up to regular stuff nothing to  major  new bellows and bearings 
    swapping upper unit for a newer one and different gearing to deal with the torque of the new motors 
    new trim tab actuators
    rebuilt trim rams
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the name Dream Chaser!!!! What was final cost if I can ask. Looks like all the parts for swim platform and cockpit. Love it.
    Boat Name : 

• GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Im afraid to ask what the total cost of the rebuild is but looks like you'll have a beautiful boat, great job ,A huge project to undertake
    edited February 2019
    randy56 said:
    Love the name Dream Chaser!!!! What was final cost if I can ask. Looks like all the parts for swim platform and cockpit. Love it.
    thanks I appreciate. had both sets made from your guy total was 890 shipped cockpit and platform 
    GMSLITHO said:
    Im afraid to ask what the total cost of the rebuild is but looks like you'll have a beautiful boat, great job ,A huge project to undertake
    under 16k
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a bad price, it will be interesting to see what others have paid. Shipping was fairly fast. Somebody will give an idea. Where does the one with the Dream Chaser go? 
    Boat Name : 

randy56 said:
    Not a bad price, it will be interesting to see what others have paid. Shipping was fairly fast. Somebody will give an idea. Where does the one with the Dream Chaser go? 
    middle of the platform didn't really want rinker there
    anybody try these lights out before I bought a pair of the rgb ones i tried them  out and they are way    brighter than the lumtec I had 8000lum  they are solid billet seem like it's well constructed and they have a life time warranty only time well tell
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never seen those ones.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    Does the floor have a peel and stick backing?
    cruising on 6. tw0s
    cls10105 said:
    yes it does 
    Nice! It looks great. Great name
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread has made for some excellent winter reading.  
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I think 16K is low. Now add all your hours times 100 per hour. Now where are you at??
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    javhav said:
    cls10105 said:
    yes it does 
    Take good care putting it down, that was the most scary part about doing my deck with peel and stick - when it sticks, it's stuck. A few tips:

a) Layout and put down blue tape on mat and around and draw line up marks when set in place. Don't afraid to tape it down as it moves with a butterfly fart due to the shiny backing paper. The attached shows what I did. (and yes, this was not the final product due to line up issues that were addressed)
    b) If you have the backwash ports like mine, they end up being the main reference points to line up first.
    c) If you have 3 pieces, do the middle first, easier to set that right then adjust the others.
    d) 2 people is a must when laying.
    e) Peel back corner, tear off a piece and stick back in the corner again. Then peel back along edge to other corner by rolling under and tear off and replace in that corner. Then you can grab without being stuck or messing up adhesive.
    f) Hold and start to place down, rolling paper under will allow your buddy to slowly pull the backing as you place down. Slowly does it watching the blue tape and line up marks.
    g) As you get to the last part, tear off corner pieces again to hold onto the last part and stick down. Then peel off the cormers and press down.

Sounds easy but can be screwed up easy too.

Hope this helps.

Post edited by Ian on

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I think 16K is low. Now add all your hours times 100 per hour. Now where are you at??
    Rich, if he ever sells it.
    @icoultha thanks for the tip would have never thought of that 
    well I really i don't consider the hrs its a hobby I'm having fun doing it and if I sell it I would get my money back plus more they say you never get what you put in but I disagree in this case
    does anybody have pics of how the bimmni top folds into the radar arch I need visual measurements and I can't put my top on because of the shrink wrap please I need the help 
  • DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    icoultha said:
    javhav said:
    cls10105 said:
    yes it does 
    Take good care putting it down,that was the most scary part about doing my deck with peel and stick - when it sticks, it's stuck. A few tips:

a) Layout and put down blue tape on mat and around and draw line up marks when set in place. Don't afraid to tape it down as it moves with a butterfly fart due to the shiny backing paper. The attached shows what I did. (and yes, this was not the final product due to line up issues that were addressed)
    b) If you have the backwash ports like mine, they end up being the main reference points to line up first.
    c) If you have 3 pieces, do the middle first, easier to set that right then adjust the others.
    d) 2 people is a must when laying.
    e) Peel back corner, tear off a piece and stick back in the corner again. Then peel back along edge to other corner by rolling under and tear off and replace in that corner. Then you can grab without being stuck or messing up adhesive.
    f) Hold and start to place down, rolling paper under will allow you buddy to slowly pull the backing as you place down. Slowly does it watching the blue tape and line up marks.
    g) As you get to the last part, tear off corner pieces again to hold onto the last part and stick down. Then peel off the cormers and press down.

Sounds easy but can be screwed up easy too.

Hope this helps.

Not sure about the stuff that you are using but I used SeaDek and with multiple pcs, you have to be VERY careful as it is easy to stretch it a bit. Don't tug and pull on it and don't put too much pressure at first if you are going to use a roller.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    javhav said:
    my eva custom flooring has been made thanks to @randy56
    Quoted the wrong post......see my response above
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342