Options

bring 342 back to life

Comments

• Options
    javhavjavhav Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    @MarkB today changed the sensor and it ran like a dream she is super responsive with heaps of power I'm amazed on how silky the drivers are there's just to much to say  took her down to the statue of liberty then went to long island for some drinks then back to the dock and I feel like she didn't even  break a sweat on the 3hr run just amazing 
  • Options
    @raybo3 thank you there's  was more stuff I wanted to do but time and money was not on my side but I'm  happy with the results 
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    You need to make a canvas to protect that investment 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    What are the rod holders over the vents for???
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    Our dock mates have been installing rod holders in that location to accommodate tables for a bar or food. 

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/fillet-rigging-tables
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Man javhav does it look awesome! Great work and unbelievable how fast you did it. Just awesome. I really dont think the off white door & upholstry looks bad against the white at all. Also those are relatively easy changes down the road, especially the door. Actually the off white goes nicely with the canvas and seadek. Anyway great work! 

• Options
    raybo3 said:
    I put the rod holders 1 would be for what @Liberty44140 said and second I can easily remove and replace the star board if I don't want them later on down the line 
  • Options
    @Liberty44140 thank you your rite who knows what I'll do down the line 
  • Options
    zaverin1 said:
    You need to make a canvas to protect that investment 
    Your a 100% rite I'm working on something 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    javhav said:
    @MarkB today changed the sensor and it ran like a dream she is super responsive with heaps of power I'm amazed on how silky the drivers are there's just to much to say  took her down to the statue of liberty then went to long island for some drinks then back to the dock and I feel like she didn't even  break a sweat on the 3hr run just amazing 
    Excellent, your work has paid off.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    shawnmjr said:
    Do you have a side view pic from the before? 
    These are the only ones I have
  • Options
    Ye the upholstery looks good and sets a dual
    tone.
    if it’s in good shape no sense to replace the vinyl.

• Options
    zaverin1 said:
    Ye the upholstery looks good and sets a dual
    tone.
    if it’s in good shape no sense to replace the vinyl.

The seats are getting done my friend shulddle me in June best part all I have to do is pay for the material 
  • Options
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to take your upholstery buddy for a booze cruse.  
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    randy56 said:
    You have to take your upholstery buddy for a booze cruse.  
    Of course   ;)
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So beautiful. I feel like I have the most time off of anyone in my personal life and on this board (well maybe HM holds that trophy)...yet you somehow seem to be magical in how fast you got this done!! 
  • Options
    @J3ff no I'm not a magician lol I'm not going to lie to you my personal life is beyond crazy wife/kids/dogs/and workers my days start @4am until when ever.  my business is to be on call 24/7 unlike your buddy HM who chooses to make a career worrying  about a mans pockets and time ⁷I choose to use my time productively I'm use to deadlines and this is where I thrive I can't stress enough plan plan plan you need to think 10 steps ahead before you even start a project like this or any for example before the boat was delivered I had 40 packages in my office to start  what I do is take pictures first then I sit and study them run through all the scenarios and start ordering so 2 to 3 hr a day with material on hand you can accomplish alot in such a concentrated time 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @javhav , I do the exact same thing with pictures. I study them for hours. It could be my car, boat or house. Any project, I will look over pictures to see what the best plan of attack is.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,566 mod
    Well, people can slice it as they like ... it's something that 99.9% of boaters couldn't dream, let alone accomplish.  I'm just glad you're letting us share the joy.

Maybe 99.99%.
  • Options
    CarsnmorellcCarsnmorellc Member Posts: 230 ✭✭
    I still can not get over how beautiful that boat looks on the water!  
    2001 340 Fiesta Vee 20P Hill Marine and 2 new 6.2 Horizon motors. Whine Down
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    @javhav , I do the exact same thing with pictures. I study them for hours. It could be my car, boat or house. Any project, I will look over pictures to see what the best plan of attack is.
    I thought I was the only one that stares at pictures lol
  • Options
    @Carsnmorellc thank you she really came to life in the water 
  • Options
    @LaRea thank you and I'm always happy to share 
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you like the skar subs?  Im running some nvx subs right now and am happy with them but i like to try new audio brands, especially under the radar brands.  As much as i love JL they priced themselves out of my projects.  
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,566 mod
    He's probably on a 3-week cruise enjoying his new ride.
  • Options
    I need one of those work from home jobs, just float up and down the icw and work on equipment right at the customers dock/back yard
  • Options
    Agree Rick - was just reading about a dentist who does that and practices right from his trawler on remote islands. Pretty cool!

• Options
    A dentist??? Those guys are more feared than monsters under a child's bed
  • Options
    Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    I work from home, or boat, 100% of the time. It's fun, but it gets old. Work is work - I'd rather be sitting there enjoying the water than staring at a screen and listening to my earpiece.