Options

bring 342 back to life

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id need a much bigger boat to work out of.  A nice 40ft trawler should have apace for a nice tool room.  Back in high school i took all the computer programming/cisco networking certification classes, i probably should have stuck with it.  
  • Options
    javhavjavhav Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    How do you like the skar subs?  Im running some nvx subs right now and am happy with them but i like to try new audio brands, especially under the radar brands.  As much as i love JL they priced themselves out of my projects.  
    I never been a jl lover way over priced but the skars are definitely a beast I have 6 10" wired to 3 tramps 3000x1 playing @1ohm anything thas near me shackes even the dock definitely well worth $$$ build quality is awesome 
  • Options
    shawnmjr said:
    @javhav how have you been and how’s the boat treating you?
    Amazing but unfortunately look's like time to move on there's a serious offer that I can't refuse starting to look for something else to build 
  • Options

@LaRea definitely working with alot of play ;)

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    shawnmjr said:
    @JoeStang has some competition 
    I just thought the same thing, LoL!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    javhav said:
    shawnmjr said:
    Amazing but unfortunately look's like time to move on there's a serious offer that I can't refuse starting to look for something else to build 
    That’s great, another boat? 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that crew chips in when coming into the docks!!!  

Thanks for the response on the skar subs. I'll check them out.  

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a Nelly rap video
  • Options
    I was hoping you chimed in I was wondering of we could use your rv for a redneck themed party I want to throw and I would love for you to star in it all you have to do is what you do now is sit on your couch with the computer and troll thanks let me know 
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    javhav said:
    shawnmjr said:
    Yes a azimut 45 that I'm looking at right now
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like party time on the Rinker, U da man!
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    javhav said:
    I was hoping you chimed in I was wondering of we could use your rv for a redneck themed party I want to throw and I would love for you to star in it all you have to do is what you do now is sit on your couch with the computer and troll thanks let me know 
    I would but you couldnt hang with me bro
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Good for you bro
    azimut is entire diff class
  • Options
    An Azimut, sweet!!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. Our dream is for an azimut

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    edited July 2019
    shawnmjr said:
    javhav said:
    aero3113 said:
    javhav said:
    shawnmjr said:
    Yes a azimut 45 that I'm looking at right now
    Ok but even though it’s not a Rinker we want to see the project from beginning to end posted here just like this one.
    Would love to but I'm Not sure how people would react considering its not a rinker who knows might do a YouTube series  let's see
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    An Azimut, sweet!!
    Ya bro stepping up next year now I have the capital plus I've always wanted an enclosed cockpit and ips pods makes for sweet ride
  • Options
    @zaverin1 thanks man just trying to step it up
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    javhav said:
    aero3113 said:
    An Azimut, sweet!!
    Ya bro stepping up next year now I have the capital plus I've always wanted an enclosed cockpit and ips pods makes for sweet ride
    Hopefully in the next year or two we’ll be jumping up in size. I like the Carver 350 Mariner or similar set up. Let me know if you come across anything near you.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    @javhav , wherever you post the building of the Azimut, post a link here so we can watch the progress.  We all really enjoyed watching you build up that beautiful Rinker!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Dream_Inn said:
    @javhav , wherever you post the building of the Azimut, post a link here so we can watch the progress.  We all really enjoyed watching you build up that beautiful Rinker!
    Ditto............
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    Yeah. It was fun watching the 342 build. Amazing work you did there
  • Options
    BoyzToyBoyzToy Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2019
    Wow !! You are doing one heII of a job. I just got a 2005 342 in somewhat bad shape need to find a water leak forward bunk holding tank was bad waiting for new one.
       What did you do in the Aft cabin? looks great. Good luck
  • Options
    Yes it was a great accomplishment. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was a nice job done on that boat. I'm still a bit mistified how so much got done in such a short time by one person, assuming also has a job...heck with no job. All the work I did on mine and between life, work and the boat just anything takes for forever.    
  • Options
    @rasbury easy planning is number 1  second it's at my shop where I have access to tools and machinery were I can make and build things on the fly and third I did get help one of my friends always wanted to work on project with me so he could learn the inner workings of a boat so when got his own he would know how to work it he was there from the beginning to the end all the wanted was knowledge and when it was all said and done I gave him my old four winns as a thank you  and yes I own my own business and do work almost every day 
  • Options
    @BoyzToy well there was pretty much left so I had start from scratch back there and I noticed that there was a lot of unused space so mind starts to wonder I built my amp rack there and a couple of other things its definitely different from what I've seen but its built for my needs and my emanation 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck, I've been working on mine for 3 weeks just to buff it out and wax- would have taken years for me to do what you did with that boat.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,548 mod
    I'd say that @javhav is what my wife would correctly call a spring-butt.  Can't sit down for more than a few minutes at a time.  I've been called that more times than I can remember.  
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    I'd say that @javhav is what my wife would correctly call a spring-butt.  Can't sit down for more than a few minutes at a time.  I've been called that more times than I can remember.  
    Your spring butt has been tested lately