Options

Doral 330se

reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
Tought the boys up north would have some comments. Thinking of sticking my neck out on this one.

https://hartford.craigslist.org/search/boo

2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    I have been boatless for 10days now think this one will nwed some help.
  • Options
    earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    depending on what the motors need it could be a deal, or just a hole in the water..
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    It is a beautiful boat.  One of the few brands/models i was really considering before my Rinker.  They like Rinker are out of business so any custom parts will have to be sourced. In all my research though i never heard anything bad about the brand.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your 342 was better. Wtf
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s one on my dock. Looks good for it’s age styling wise but (dare I say it) I would hold out for a boat with a hardtop.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,541 mod
    It's a fantastic boat!  I've spent many an idle hour aboard one of these, and can't find a bad thing to say about it.  Fast, roomy, well-built, great engine room.  
  • Options
    @reneechris14 for $35k that is a Strong Buy.  
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boat with draws, take's at least a month to get over. Unless you purchase another. @ 10 days your still moping and grumpy. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot depends on just what is wrong with the engines..prob $6k+ per engine for a reman, cheaper if you have the time/skill to do yourself. Seems like it would be easy to be $20k+ into it if any additional driveline parts were needed. 🤷🏻‍♂️   Presto back to a $50k+ boat. lol

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    A lot depends on just what is wrong with the engines..prob $6k+ per engine for a reman, cheaper if you have the time/skill to do yourself. Seems like it would be easy to be $20k+ into it if any additional driveline parts were needed. 🤷🏻‍♂️   Presto back to a $50k+ boat. lol
    Thats what I was thinking right back where I started from, so I'm going to go for ride to see how many boat bucks yo straighting it out.
  • Options
    Your 342 was better. Wtf
    Sir you are so right.
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Being built in Canada, we saw a ton of Doral boats growing up. Their smaller runabouts and bow riders can be found on almost any cottage lake in Ontario and Quebec. Smaller models were built for many years in Midland Ontario on Georgian Bay and the larger models and crusiers in Quebec. I looked at a number of them until we found our 270 and any I looked at seemed well built. Similar hull to a Rinker and that same high headroom under the foredeck. Most of the aft layouts were good. Some v-berths used a funky angle bunk but that allowed for a full double bench settee/dining table set up that converted into another bunk, so even boats in the 270 to 290 range could sleep 6 in a pinch. Came close to pulling the trigger on a 280 but it had a lot of hours and an OMC Cobra outdrive so we passed and then a few days later our 270 popped up with way less hours and better shape for the same $$.
    I guess the question @reneechris14 is how badly do you feel the need for a project?
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    What I liked about my friend's 330 was that the cockpit was huge, but somehow the cabin didn't feel small.  Swim platform - huge.  Engine room - so roomy that one time we had three guys sitting down there for cocktails. 

His had sterndrives and it was a 45-mph boat.  I'm not sure what the v-drives would do, but 840 is a big number for horsepower.  

The cockpit layout is fantastic for entertaining.  
  • Options
    Willhound said:

I guess the question @reneechris14 is how badly do you feel the need for a project?
    Going to check it out this weekend , have to stay busy 😴 
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious to know what the engine issues are they speak of. Sounds odd "they start and run but need to be checked"? We are all standing by for an update 🤔
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d prioritize removal of those swim platform rails over the engine running well  :D  :p
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not jump back into a boat so fast
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not buy Handy’s old boat?!  B)
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    I’d prioritize removal of those swim platform rails over the engine running well  :D  :p
    Yes old people hand rail will come off.
    Bring back the teak to a nice glow.
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Curious to know what the engine issues are they speak of. Sounds odd "they start and run but need to be checked"? We are all standing by for an update 🤔
    Port is said to run just fine.
    Starboard cuts out at 3200rpm. ? Thinking fuel issue volvo penta fuel pump paint in injectors?
    The rest of the boat shows well, for 16 years old.

• Options
    I would not jump back into a boat so fast
    If I keep Renee on the boat I won't have to build another salon 
  • Options
    You can get those fuel pumps from man cave mechanic and there is plenty of places to send the injectors off for a proper cleaning. I know man cave had a great video of the cleaning process on his YouTube channel. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Before you tear off the grandpa rails, go ahead and put on a good I'm-anchored-for-the-night buzz, and see how you like them!
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saw this one this morning, is it a 330? Looks like a nice boat.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    MojosBoatMojosBoat Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Guy on our dock has a Doral 330. It would be a really nice boat if he would take better care for it.  It does have twin 502's and will fly when all is right but the Volvo drives are junk. He has had a lot of issues with them. Only one dive is operable now. 
    ALL IN AGAIN, 410 FV Twin 8.1 H/O MPI, V-Drives , 
  • Options
    I did buy the boat , v-drives, and problem was low presser fuel pump. Also doing manifolds on starboard have not left the dock yet to test it will on Saturday. Lots of other small stuff to fix, facets, hinging,lights and other. Did not pay asking price. So gar so good 12mph 3 hours to go 22 miles to my slip. Oh did I mention cleaning 😅 
  • Options
    Nice! Can't wait to see the process and pictures. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Fantastic!  Congrats ... 
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    Fantastic!  Congrats ... 
    Thanks