Options

weather - losing my sanity

Comments

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    don't take this the wrong way but I hope your still dreaming 8 or 9 weeks from now 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what a picture.....and about as close as I want to get to it! We all have our likes....and I likes my FL winters! It would be a nice little trip however but I don't think I would survive it....I sure would not have the clothing for it.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with you Ras!!!
  • Options
    Every party needs a pooper @Alswagg
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alswagg said:
    We start winterizing in 5 weeks 
    My boat will be here in 5 weeks! Snapped this picture today.  No winterization this year!!

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No boating this weekend tooo Hot. May stay home an play with baby's moma.

AN EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING, WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM NOON THURSDAY TO 7 PM CDT SUNDAY.  * TEMPERATURE...MAXIMUM AFTERNOON HEAT INDEX VALUES FROM AROUND 105 TO 110 DEGREES ARE EXPECTED THURSDAY THROUGH SUNDAY. * IMPACTS...DANGEROUSLY HIGH TEMPERATURE
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed..dont think we are boating either
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's where the ocean comes in handy, it's always cooler out there.. get a mile or two off shore and it's like natural A/C kicked in. 
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    Yep. supposed to be in the mid 90's all weekend here. Since the boat isn't running right now anyway then we might just stay at home or maybe go to the boat and sit in the AC and watch a movie...lol
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not quite that hot here this weekend . Low to mid 90's. Heading out for 4 days Saturday. Will post pics that you can all check out in air conditioned comfort. I'll be on or in the lake.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    You guys up there are weak. Those are normal temps down here and then add the humidity. Its why I have great skin. LOL
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,564 mod
    Nice & Hot for here too!  We'll be at the boat, but probably keep it in the marina with the AC on.  Do a little swimming at the marina pool with some cool drinks.  If we anchor out, it'll be just for part of day, so I don't have to deal with AC overnight on the hook.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    You guys up there are weak. Those are normal temps down here and then add the humidity. Its why I have great skin. LOL
    Weak eh? I think you need to head to Michigan in February for a nice 200 mile sled ride with @Alswagg or come on up and I'll take you ice fishing at -30 When we drive 5 miles out on the lake on 4 feet of ice.
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alligator skin turns me on---- NOT

Boat Name : 

• Options
    Willhound said:
    Weak eh? I think you need to head to Michigan in February for a nice 200 mile sled ride with @Alswagg or come on up and I'll take you ice fishing at -30 When we drive 5 miles out on the lake on 4 feet of ice.
    No problem. I have been in -40 in New York without wind Chill. 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alswagg said:
    We start winterizing in 5 weeks 
    ??? Who winterizes in 5 weeks from now??? That's still Aug.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Me too- just choose not to!
  • Options
    rinker270nbrinker270nb Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    High temps, lake Michigan, and our relaxation station. So much better than sitting inside...
  • Options
    I have One of those someone on the forum recommended that to us it’s great a little long to inflate   but everybody loves it 
  • Options
    I usually haul out 3 or 4 th week in October so we’re not even 1/2 way with the season yet here
  • Options
    man, some of the folks more mid country I guess just aren't going to have a season this year...well, look at all the gas money saved?
  • Options
    Up here in Pittsburgh we have only been out 3 times so far. It has either been raining or the river is crap because it had rained. Heard people talking last week saying they haven't even had to put fuel in their boats yet this year. This weekend it is just too hot and humid so don't think many will be out around here.
  • Options
    Not going to let the weather stop our 4 day cruise. Was going to anchor out, but random thunderstorms forecasted over the next 2 days and the Admiral is nervous so I agreed to spend a couple of nights in the Port of Orillia and head out exploring as the weather dictates, do some anchoring and swimming as temps are into the low 100's with humidex. We always like visiting Orillia. A world class marina within a few minutes walk of a slew of shops, bars and restaurants. Just happens that right next to the Orillia marina they are holding the annual Scottish Festival this weekend. So we'll be treated to the sight and sound of kilted bagpiper's. Or as I call it "men in skirts and the sound of killing cats".
    Just kidding. I'm actually Scot on my Mother's side but Finn on my Dad's. So I like to drink vodka, but not buy the rounds. Badum-bum.
  • Options
    I love listening to bagpipes. Wish we had the option of avoiding weather. We are on the Ohio River and have about a 12-15 mile stretch between locks so usually if it is raining at one end it's probably raining at the other.
  • Options
    Its cooler in Florida than up there!!!
  • Options
    104F with Humidex this aft. When we got docked I was drenched. Had a shower on the transom in my swim trumks to cool off. Currently in a nice air conditioned bar.  Will post a thread later or tomorrow morning. Good 2 hour run. Some interesting docking but I'll post that later.
  • Options
    We just had a big storm go thru. Its 78 and nice and cool. Going to the waterfront to eat some shrimp, music and cold beer!!!
  • Options
    We have little rain on the East coast...been cooking!
  • Options
    cdub88cdub88 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    We were supposed to attend “Boat Bash 2019” on Castle Rock Lake (Wisconsin), and were greeted with this:
    1996 Captiva 232
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭✭
    I saw something similar yesterday at the end of our poker run and closed up just in time. It blew like **** and hammered down. Less humid today though.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/