Options

NHL hockey thread

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,585 mod
    He and I will both be watching Wilson tonight!  
  • Options
    Here are five examples of the total crap calls that have been happening throughout this series.  The refs are the reason the Dirty Bruins are leading this series.  These five calls happened tonight, although in fairness, the Bruins outplayed the Caps tonight.  

(1) Bruins player hooks Backstrom in the face.
    Should have been:  High stick
    Call on ice:  No call

(2) Bruins player kicks Caps goalie in the nuts.
    Should have been:  Goaltender interference

(3) Caps player makes incidental contact with shoulder pad of Bruins player.
    Should have been:  Bruins minor for embellishment
    Call on ice:  Caps double minor

(4) Bruins dirtbag Marchand ( whose only objective on the ice is to injure players) jabs the Caps goalie in the nuts, sending him to the ice writhing in pain.  
    Should have been:  Roughing

(5) Bruins player illegally picks up his hat and puts it back on his head.
    Should have been: minor penalty

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,464 admin
    Oh cry me a river. Dirt bag Wilson is out there driving peoples heads into the ice and glass and no calls. Your showing things that happen in hockey plays. Sticks come up every game. I don't see any Bruin driving someones head into the ice while they are down on the ice. How about another hit to the head on Miller, off to the hospital for him. The Cap's are a freaking DISCARCE to the game. Nuff said!!!!!!!!!
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I dont watch. Fix fix fix
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    Oh cry me a river...
     :D I know ... complaining about refs is what losers do!  I predicted the Caps would last six games, but it's only gonna take five.  Meanwhile, Boston is playing like a team that could reach Round 3.  

But I suggest taking a closer look at the hit on Miller.  I never found a single view that shows Orlov touching Miller's head.  No head contact whatsoever.  It's a glancing hit to the left shoulder pad.  Miller got hurt by the ice when he embellished.  

And Marchand spearing Samsonov in the crotch really ticked me off.  I can't figure out how Marchand has avoided suspensions for so long.  

After Sunday, you guys will still have the burden of having to watch hockey every other night, and I'll be a free man!   :)
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I know Marchand is a little pri(k and most of his actions are retaliatory and he has been lucky but in no way did Miller embellish. That is just is not his style. I will give you that fact that his head hit the ice also. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    @LaRea I went back and looked at the hit on Miller. Not only was it late it was right to his face. Go back and look at it. You will see on the hit that Milliers head goes straight down (forward) then when he went down he hit the back of his head. This is what I have been saying all along. The Caps are nothing but head hunters. 
     HEAD HUNTERS Caws AAA CMLL WWE 2K14 - Caws Mexicanos en la Comunidad 360 -  YouTube
  • Options
    I could be wrong, but find me a frame of video that shows contact to anything above the sweater.  
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    I don't think @Handymans342 watches hockey, he's just in here to harass you!  He's the rinker forum tom wilson, good enough to be a great forum member but likes to post dirty. 😝😝😝😂😂😂

I didn't see the hit but being the caliber player he is, if it was questionable the Toronto press would be all over it.  I've not heard anything from them.  Toronto made kessel famous for hot dogs. 

What's up with the caps? They seem to be imploding. Ovi is not happy

Im a day late and still talking about the stretcher in Toronto
    Post edited by PickleRick on
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    LaRea said:
    I could be wrong, but find me a frame of video that shows contact to anything above the sweater.  
    Yes your wrong. 1st Orlov left his feet to hit Miller, that's a penalty, 2nd hit him right on his chin. Not to mention the commentator said it was "late and he got up high".Dimitry Orlov Gets Double Minor For Vicious Check On Kevan Miller - YouTube And what about the cheap shot Mantha put on Rask? Anthony Mantha Goaltender Interference Penalty - YouTube The Cap's are nothing but a dirty team and they cause the other team to retaliate against them. 
  • Options
    First rule of hockey: retaliation to a blown call will 99.9% of the time lead to a penalty.

• Options
    Raybo is used to the kitty hits that Brady got where the wind of a hand passing his helmet would get you a 15 yard penalty, fine and a game suspension. 
  • Options
    That's the same video clip that I've watched 20 times.  Pull an image of the frame that shows contact, and I'll take a look.  I sure can't find it, and the rest of the internet can't either.  

Miller was uninjured until he hit the ice.  The glancing contact with Miller's shoulder pad would have meant exactly nothing if Orlov had kept his stupid skates on the ice.  
  • Options
    This is a good time for me to say that I'm only arguing hockey with@raybo3 because he's fun to argue with!  Also I appreciate everything he does for us here on the forum.  But he's wrong about Wilson.   :D  

@PickleRick be careful.  When he finishes with the Caps, he's coming after the Pens.
  • Options
    If me and Raybo watched a game and he talked smack like he does he would have no teeth
  • Options
    If me and Raybo watched a game and he talked smack like he does he would have no teeth
    Trust me you ain't big enough 
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    This is a good time for me to say that I'm only arguing hockey with@raybo3 because he's fun to argue with!  Also I appreciate everything he does for us here on the forum.  But he's wrong about Wilson.   :D  

@PickleRick be careful.  When he finishes with the Caps, he's coming after the Pens.
    @LaRea I cant help if you don't want to see what happened. Its right there before your eyes. Even the commentators said it. Not wrong about Wilson. Dirty dirt bag who is bad for the game. DIRT BAG!!! Bro a hockey argument is exactly that, never personal and really means nothing but just good old ball busting, but Wilson is a dirt bag...lol
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    Trust me you ain't big enough 
    That aint what Sylvia said. RLMAO
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    raybo3 said:
    Yes your wrong. 1st Orlov left his feet to hit Miller, that's a penalty, 2nd hit him right on his chin. 
    Proving you wrong is easy, my friend, so I will do it now. 

I mean, for the moment, let's ignore that there's no video showing contact to the head.  

In the NHL, if you hit somebody in the chin and put them in the hospital, how many games do you get suspended?  Two games?  Five?  If you have prior suspensions, DoPS would throw the book at you -- probably ten games and a $5k fine.  

Except that Orlov did not get ANY further discipline.  Nothing, not even a fine.  Why?  Because he didn't touch Miller's head.  Get over it.  
  • Options
    He is a dirt bag. How do you know the league has not contacted him? Look bad hits happen all the time. A lot of times its in the "heat of the moment" Wilson is on the ice to purposely to hurt people. I will say that hit on Miler was late and it was high and it was dirty but I dont think Orlov was trying to take Miller out like Wilson does.   
  • Options
    I don't blame you for feeling that way.  As sports fans, we have the sacred right to hold opinions that contradict all known facts.  That's why I still believe this series will go to Game 6, despite the obvious and overwhelming evidence that it won't!   :D
  • Options
    The only thing is is that it doesn't contradict anything with dirt bag Wilson, its all right there. But I ask 1 question, why does it seem like the Cap's always target the head? @LaRea trust me as a fan of another team (not the Cap's) it really seems that way. Its always the head. Then dirt bag Wilson boasts about it. He really is bad for the sport. If he just played and fought that would be fine. BTW fighting is a very important part of the game. It really protects people as strange as that sounds...lol Enjoy the game tonight. Go Bruins!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
  • Options
    Dear Pittsburgh or New York:  Good luck against Boston's defense.  We could barely move the puck past our own blue line.  --The Caps
  • Options
    I’m glad I didn’t cancel my golf tee times with Ovi after that first playoff game. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,573 mod
    I'm glad I boated all weekend and didn't waste my time watching hockey!  Weather was absolutely perfect as I spent from Thursday night to Sunday night enjoying it!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    The Bruins PK was especially frustrating.  The Caps system for power plays is plodding and methodical, and the Bruins coaching staff totally figured it out.  I mean, 21 power plays yielded only 3 goals ... that's dominance by Boston!
  • Options
    So...just take the one timer away from ovi, check
  • Options
    No, that's not really it.  The Caps power play likes to enter the zone slowly and deliberately, and then make a million passes until the opponent falls asleep on Ovi.  Boston was so aggressive at mid-ice that the Caps couldn't even enter the zone. 
  • Options
    I never thought the B's could win in 5 games. They did play very well. The Caps defense looked very weak on D but was trying to get involved on offense. Sorry you not going to like this but Ovi is a crybaby and does not hustle. He just wants to shoot from the faceoff circle and that's it. He chewed out his goalie (who held them in that game) if front of everyone. Bergy grabbed Marchand and told him to knock it off and he ended up playing much better.