Options

Virus

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And from what I'm hearing we are only testing people that look like they already have it...meanwhile people that have it with no symptoms yet are running around spreading it. I'm not apologizing for my thoughts..this has been handled poorly. It's going to run through the country, strong will survive...I feel so sorry for our healthcare people...saw on TV tonight workers wearing trashbags because they are out of protective wear and the a team is bragging they have it covered and doing a fantastic job...let's get going and open for business...which I don't totally disagree with...not going to stop this...
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    rkinross said:
    boatman37 said:
    We keep our boat in an underground mine in the winter.
    @boatman37 I have used Wampum, Brady's Bend, and Toys for winter boat storage for years and like Toys the best because it seems less damp in the mine.  Toys also has a more relaxed process to schedule drop off and pick up.  They do not assign arrival times and you can call the same day to drop off and pick up.  This is very useful to schedule a time to drop off when it is not raining so that the boat is dry when placing it in the mine,  All three are close to the same price for 5 months of storage - about $150 for the season.  After that the go to pro rated month to month rates. 

Yep. I'm at Wampum. Wampum costs me about $350/season. I'm on the waiting list to get in the climate controlled. It's about 5 miles from my house. Been to Moraine State Park hundreds of times.
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a gut feeling we  going to see a different set of guidelines next week.   And not more relaxed. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PickleRick - as of 9am, no entry into the keys man... I can sneak you in maybe..

We're in the low teens at the moment. Doing my best to just be alone by myself... boss is not making that easy and neither is the new lady friend... would be fine if she'd just hang w/ me but she has to go see her friends and her friends have kids... looks like I'm going to go take the boat somewhere and make it a solo trip this weekend because of that!i

• Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    My son has been driving from Pittsburgh to New Hampshire then back to Clarksburg, WV every week and staying in hotels for work. His company gave them all a paper saying their jobs were essential.
  • Options
    Company's here also are passing out those papers. if they get pulled over going to or from work. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The place that I work for also gave me the DHS papers to get to and from work along with DHS papers for fuel if it becomes rationed. Crazy stuff!!!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By June this should all be gone but thanks @J3ff

The company the admiral works for has grocery store chains in the keys as well as all over the east coast.  All their company letterheads are the same, stores carry different names but the parent company/letter head is the same. Corpate has prepared for this for weeks. Management jumps from store to store as needed all the time.  I dont think we'd have an issue going across a check point

Getting our boat rental and the home owner being able to rent us his home(we've already paid for both in full) might be the hold up.  

If all ramps are closed i couldn't tow my own boat.  L 'm

I think if the keys are closed to public we will postpone.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    There are 2 cases in my county, the surrounding counties have 0, and the hospitals are empty, so we are going for some social distancing in the woods. 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    This is a great article I read off the AP not sure if the link will work or not...
    https://apnews.com/c335958b1f8f6a37b19b421bc7759722?utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter
    Good story. I really think that this is only the beginning. U.S. now has the largest number of cases anywhere in the world. Some say it's because of increased testing, and they could be right but the biggest issue with this virus is that many people that have or had it will never be aware. It is possible to be infected and not show symptoms. Yet each of those people can spread the disease. If anyone thinks this will all be over in a few weeks, or even months, forget it. Look at it this way, the first cases were reported in China in December, worsened in January and the people there were placed under mandatory, military enforced quarantine. No movement period. And only in the last week are they reporting that things are leveling out. 4 months. Now look at the U.S. where people are still travelling around for no other reason than they feel it's their god given right to do so. Complaining about things being closed and they can't go there. Using essential employee letters to travel about freely.
    Really? 
    New York has brought in 45 refrigerated trucks to serve as makeshift morgues, increasing capacity to 3600 bodies. New Orleans is anticipating the collapse of their medical care system because the number of cases is rising exponentially every day. Part of the problem there is that there were few reported cases so it was party on as usual. But now those cases are showing up.
    And it's not just big cities. Smaller cities and towns in Michigan (of all places) are reporting a larger than average number of cases based on their population. So if you think you're going to be skipped because you live in a rural area or there haven't been a lot of reported cases, forget it.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    Many on the forum are familiar with Melors for their EVA foam that is similar to Seadek.
    I get emails from them on occasion and today I received this, find it interesting.

Good morning. How are you doing in America? I hope you and your family are fine and safe.

I am so sorry to hear about the spread of the virus in the world. Are you affected by the Coronavirus outbreak? How about the status at your side?

China has been well cared and supported from all over the world because of the Novel Corona Virus. During these 2 months, we suffered, we united, and we learned that how important the mask is to prevent the spread of virus.

If you need we can provide you and your family with masks, hope you all are well.

Meanwhile, we can help you on CE 3ply and KN95 face mask for large quantity.

Best regards,

Ivy Zeng
    Melors (HK) Industry Co.,Limited

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    edited March 2020
    I'm curious: among the people here, how many degrees of separation do you have from the virus?

0 = I am infected
    1 = I live with an infected person
    2 = I know an infected person (close friend or coworker)
    3 = I know an infected person (casual acquaintance or rarely see them)
    4 = I know someone who knows an infected person
    5 = none of the above

Yesterday, I went from 5 to 4.  A buddy of mine has a neighbor who is infected.
  • Options
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will say 5. But I suspect 3 because I have a co-worker who I beleive has it and has been off work but won't admit it for fear of reprisals.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5.    but I work with 80 guys that deliver 300 boxes a day plus pick up a bunch of boxes then ship it all over the  place. So soon everyone can get it.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only hangout with 5s
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Changed my mind. Had a whole lot to sat about China - none good. 

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rumor around local medical personnel is still that this has been in the upstate since December and was being diagnosed as non a typical flu.  This was a blanket diagnosis for flu symptoms that didnt test positive for flu.

If indeed this is the case then i have 2 elderly but healthy as an ox grandparents who had it and a buddy.  All were diagnosed with the non-a typical flu and tested negative for flu back in January.  

Turned into full blown pneumonia for my buddy.  He's in his 40s but his manufacturing job causes him to sleep maybe 4 or 5 hours a day if lucky, his immune system is probably always worn down. 
  • Options
    rkinrossrkinross Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been saying this all along - many have had it or have it now without even knowing.

oh - 5

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Did anyone else receive Trump's post card?

Boat Name : 

• Options
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just received this from SeaTow

2008 330EC
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    Got the postcard.  Dismissed it as campaign propaganda.  It contained no information that isn't known to anybody with an internet connection or newspaper subscription.