Options

Virus

Comments

• Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    I am not sure if this has been posted yet but you can't blame people for feeling caught off guard by corona. As late as January 26th of this year, Dr Fauci didn't see the virus as a threat. 
    https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/479939-government-health-agency-official-corona-virus-isnt-something-the

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can live off that in flt...keep in mind you will owe income tax on that at the end of the year...
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    I could probably live off of $962/week but I wouldn't have any play money left. But if I'm locked in my house guess I wouldn't need any play money.

A week ago we had no reported cases in my county. As of today I heard there were 4. 2 of those are in my bowling league. Just heard 1 dies last night but haven't heard who it was. Hopefully it wasn't one of my bowling guys.
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    962 a week after taxes here around Greenville SC is a comforable middle class living here.  

You'd be amazed at what 150 to 200k can buy you around here. Finding a job is also easy.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    A few years ago my mother and step-father went to Mexico on vacation and she left me an envelope with all pertinent info about their insurance policies, etc. We also have one for us in our safe that our kids have access to. Hopefully nobody will be needing those anytime soon. And my wife and kids have access to my phone and computers. Not that they would need them for anything. I have my gov't issued laptop in my office that would have to go back to the gov't
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I pretty much do live off 962 a week (after taxes)! lol that's plenty for me!!

Spent the day with my 1 lady friend who has been keeping herself inside for weeks aside from the boat (and I have only been going to work to an empty building and back to my place)... 

Seems like these people were trying to be better this week, but they sure aren't following the rules 100%

Just a picture from today for everyone who's stuck on land... still no water in the bilge, like BONE DRY... incredible.. 

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is getting worse all over the world!
  • Options
    We have been doubling every few days in the keys, but it's like 10 to 20.. not 1000 to 10000... for now. 
  • Options
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will not receive any money, made too much last year. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    $1,200? Recommended firearms at that price point please. American made of course!
    Andy
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    First infant death in Illinois caused by the virus.  First infant to pass from the virus.  Very sad.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @skennelly , do you know how old and if the baby had any underlying ailments?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    randy56 said:
    Yeah, I'm with ya.  Around here it's middle class but I sure get screwed of anything extra at tax time.

But I think my daughter may get it since she is 19.  Not sure if me having her as a dependent matters?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    @aero3113 - they haven't released any details yet.  Not even age.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    randy56 said:
    Yeah, I'm with ya.  Around here it's middle class but I sure get screwed of anything extra at tax time.

But I think my daughter may get it since she is 19.  Not sure if me having her as a dependent matters?

What’s the criteria needed to receive?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    if you claimed her she gets nothing and you MIGHT get 500 for her.. 
  • Options
    And i believe they are going by 2018 tax returns, this means my son's mom will get the 500 buck child tax credit.  
  • Options
    If they calculate just me by myself I would not be eligible but if they calculate us as a couple (we are married) then we should qualify.

There were 4 confirmed cases in my county and 2 of them are in my bowling league. Rumor today was that one of the guys in my league passed away today from it but that has not been confirmed.
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I think for 2019 taxes my wife and I get the full amount. However if they are gonna look at our 2018 taxes since we haven't filed 2019 then we get zip.( She was out on work injury last year). I wonder if we'll get anything after we file 2019 😟
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Common sense ain't so common! Was that Mark Twain or Y.B.?
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    I think for 2019 taxes my wife and I get the full amount. However if they are gonna look at our 2018 taxes since we haven't filed 2019 then we get zip.( She was out on work injury last year). I wonder if we'll get anything after we file 2019 😟
    File your 2019 right now.... 
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    The hospital ship Comfort will be in New York tomorrow GO NAVY 
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Aqua_Aura said:
    File your 2019 right now.... 
    Yes I figured I was gonna get that response. I'll get it done today. I always have to wait till last minute because I am waiting on tax documents. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great @J3ff,! Now if I can get mine figured out..
  • Options
    I was hoping someone would tell me I don't have to file now and I'll get it next year 😁. I think I remember last time they did checks when I did my taxes the following year it asked if you received it I think because you would get it in your tax return. 🤷🏽‍♂️
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your filing now is not going to be accounted. Not enough time, to receive and calculate. I'm pretty sure they are using 2018. @Handymans342 wife could tell us, she is real smart, and does taxes and accounting. .  They moved the deadline to June 15th for filing this year. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    @randy56 , I’m pretty sure the new date is July 15th.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭
    We practiced good social distancing last night. We’re in upstate NY and we we played a dice game - Farkle - with son and his GF in Denver via FaceTime and brought in younger son and his pup in Bozeman MT as observers later in the evening. Good way to spend about 3 hours or so and catch up with the guys, have some fun and a virtual drink together.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes July 15th.