Options

Virus

Comments

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    I think the country leadership is doing a good job ,this is one attack we weren’t ready for 
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    They aren't doing a good job communicating with the country.  Trump's press conference was embarrassing to watch tonight.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The slope is getting slippery. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In areas hit early there is stabilization appearing to happen. This event can be shortened if people do as requested by health officials. Living in a democracy makes it harder to implement compliance - witness the crowded beaches of Florida, Bondi Beach Australia  and some large gathering spots here in Canada. 

We had friends who returned from a trip and said they were going to stay in for 14 days. We offered to get them groceries etc. They said no problem we already stopped at the grocery store and liquor store. I actually said " Man, are you really that stupid?". He was offended - probably no longer friends.

IMO there has been way too much media-hyped panic and too little intelligent behaviour by citizens. Hopefully, North Americans will take the direction of health professionals seriously and ignore the morons on the news channels spreading non-scientific based panic and laugh at anyone trying to politicize this event.
  • Options
    @Michael T

" and laugh at anyone trying to politicize this event."

Exactly.  Trump is doing exactly this.  He actually said H1N1 was a disaster..just because it was under a different president.  I don't recall being locked down in my house during h1n1
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GMSLITHO my point was we should have been ready for it. The only one in government that seems to be surprised how serious this is is in the Whitehouse. We should be prepared with stockpiles of medical supplies...with procedures to test everyone...to isolate hot areas and stop the spread. We are putting a bandaid ba a hemaroid. And I'd be reminding anyone that has been happy with the stock market for the past couple of years, it's been a bull market for 10 years, not 3.
    What if there was a chemical warfare attack on this country? We'd be dead in no time...

• Options
    well Im happy Hillary is not running the show 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here we go again. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. This virus does not give a single fook who is or isn't in charge, who may or may not have or will handle it best.
    Why don't we concentrate on what positive steps everyone can take to stay healthy? 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here ya go. A toddler can understand what needs to be done.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZPdo0edtOM
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Well, it was nice going to my boat this past Friday, when it was 80 degrees, and knowing the boat is all set for spring!  it looks like a lot of rain this coming weekend, so I'll just leave her covered one more additional week.  Last thing to do is turn the fridges on & plug in...pull cover and go!

I am really tired of the politics in this whole virus thing.  They should be completely left out.  I'm also tired of the Democrats/Republicans thing.  Maybe it sounds stupid, but I don't even know why there are two parties anymore.  It only gives each person a "side" to represent and not really there "own" beliefs.  I'd love to see this change (I know, it won't in our lifetimes).  While standing 10 feet away from neighbor, yesterday he complained about Trump and the virus.  The admiral new I was ready to leave for our walk (which we did).  I love how people just complain but do nothing. 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree @Dream_Inn It is human nature to complain, and fix the blame quick. I just try and swat it off like a mosquito on my arm. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    edited March 2020
    All I will say is during a presidential address to the country about a pandemic forcing my family into isolation I don't care to hear you whine about how much it cost you to become president.  Wrong place and time.  Bit(h about that when you write your book.
    Post edited by raybo3 on
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trump vs media is unstoppable force vs immovable object.  

Its a pissing match for two groups trying to belittle the other
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The shop owners wife works an RN on respiratory floor at the hospital. Since late dec/early January they have been treating, mostly outpatients for what they called a-typical flu.  It tests negative for flu but gives all flu symptoms as well as pneumonia respiratory issues in severe cases.

They are under the theory that the covid 19  just put a name on something they have been facing.  

The quarantine is less extensive tan TB which lives in the air. It does live on hard surfaces for over 48 hrs in ideal conditions but still needs to enter your body by touching.  Don't be in sneezing/coughing distance or lick door knobs/counter tops.  

I now know of at least 2 personal friends who had all these symptoms back in January.

My grandparents also suffered flu type symptoms that kept my grandpa in bed for a few days back in January.  Their gp didnt know what it was, it was not the flu.  My grandpa who's in his 80s still does a little landscaping for extra cash as well as electrical work.  Hes healthier than many 20 yr olds,  same with my grandma.    

• Options
    Campgrounds are now closed in Washington till April 30th. I feel like we are gonna go down a slow path to full lockdown when maybe we should just do it for a few weeks and be done with it. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭
    There is NO President, who can wave a magic wand to cure this.  Time to stop buying into the political slander, and worry about how to move forward.  
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Abraham Lincoln killed all those vampires in the movie...if only he was here now think of the damage he would unleash on this virus. 

Maybe we could elect Chuck Norris 🤔
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    I had plans of getting my boat out, and to dewinterize it this week, but with the very high probability of losing my job, I’ve decided to just leave it in storage until this passes :(. It’s supposed to be in the mid 80s Friday, and I really want to be on the water. 
  • Options
    I believe God will step in here and perform a small miracle and  give the doctors and scientist the knowledge to create a cure and a vaccine and once again America will save the world 

GOD BLESS THE USA 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GMSLITHO said:
    I believe God will step in here and perform a small miracle and  give the doctors and scientist the knowledge to create a cure and a vaccine and once again America will save the world 

GOD BLESS THE USA 
    Everyone forgets who is really in charge. 
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭
    shawnmjr said:
    I’m starting to wonder if I should just trailer my boat this season and save on the marina cost. At least that way I know I can use it. I do rack and store and if they close my boat will be locked inside the warehouse. 
    I was thinking the same, our boat is a wee big to launch & retrieve every time - but it may ultimately be the only way to use it. Don't want it locked up in the shed, at the same time don't particularly want it in our driveway either. (not complaining/1st world problem)

Imagine we will know better in the next 1.5 months.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    One of the concern's I have is that our boat yard will be open when it comes time to get the boat out of storage. I am sure it will be but was just something to ponder. That and having enough money to be spending on boating. 
  • Options
    NY Sunday 8 am 
  • Options
    javhavjavhav Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    @GMSLITHO dam I've never seen the GW like that 
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GMSLITHO is that New York City? 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s crazy!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    javhavjavhav Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    randy56 said:
    @GMSLITHO is that New York City? 
    First pick is the George Washington bridge and the second is uptown nyc
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭
    That uptown NYC pic reminds me of the movie "I am Legend"...… creepy. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Yep NY went in Sunday at 8 am to move my sisters daughter out of school