Options

Virus

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    @LaRea The flyer wasn't meant for boat owners. How did you get one?? I didnt. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trump has you on the bad list handy...been to a lib convention lately?
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did not send any to Florida, LOL 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    I got one....wonder how much that cost the taxpayers? For a conservative he sure can burn through some cash!
  • Options
    javhavjavhav Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    I know 3 people infected and 2 who passed away from the infection everyday it gets harder and harder mentally with no end in site I'm smack dead in the middle of the hot zones it's very bad over here but people still take it as a joke 
  • Options
    javhav said:
    I know 3 people infected and 2 who passed away from the infection everyday it gets harder and harder mentally with no end in site I'm smack dead in the middle of the hot zones it's very bad over here but people still take it as a joke 
    You have Big Bird and Cuomo. Thats a joke
  • Options
    Javhav how old were the folks who passed? You are correct there is no end in site, that's the scary part. Just read NY will peak in about 3 weeks. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    There is a site and I could not copy the link but Google "Trac cell phones ft Lauderdale spring break"- pretty scary showing how easily this virus is getting spread so easily
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    My answer is 3. I bowl with 2 people that have it and just heard one of those guys nephew has it now too so in about 3 days we went from not knowing anyone to knowing 2
  • Options
    randy56 said:
    Javhav how old were the folks who passed? You are correct there is no end in site, that's the scary part. Just read NY will peak in about 3 weeks. 
    One was 32 and the other was 44 
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭✭
    randy56 said:

Yes

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    javhav said:
    You have Big Bird and Cuomo. Thats a joke
    Cuomo actually makes sense but the mayor is a f$$king retard along with trump 
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, it’s started......

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    icoultha said:
    Oh no, it’s started......
    It started weeks ago....no one paid attention. @javhav my condolences on your acquaintances. Way too young to die. And there's still way too much political beaking off on here. Get it through your skulls. Your political affiliation has no merit when it comes to this disaster. It's like trying to say a tornado wouldn't have happened if you'd voted the right way. By the time this is over we will all be 0, 1, or 2. 
    Hang tight my friends and hang tighter on those you love and care for.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    Willhound said: ... By the time this is over we will all be 0, 1, or 2 ....
    You are probably right.  But "over" won't be this year.  There will be a lull this summer, then a comeback in September-October.  

Think about regular influenza ... over the past 12 months, everybody is 0, 1 or 2.  
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @javhav , I’m very sorry to hear that. Stick in there and stay safe, we will see an end. We’re all in the same boat, some worse than others. Hopefully it will only get better.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Sad news @javhav guys in your age group. condolences. Were still in the infant stage at this point. It may git one of us. as i stated early this am, I expect stronger guide lines next week. apparently we need them,
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    I'm curious: among the people here, how many degrees of separation do you have from the virus?

0 = I am infected
    1 = I live with an infected person
    2 = I know an infected person (close friend or coworker)
    3 = I know an infected person (casual acquaintance or rarely see them)
    4 = I know someone who knows an infected person
    5 = none of the above

Yesterday, I went from 5 to 4.  A buddy of mine has a neighbor who is infected.
    2 twice. But they are up in NYC so we aren't physically close anymore. 
  • Options
    randy56 said:
    They did not send any to Florida, LOL 
    I got that card on my car today... seemed really weird because it was parked in a private club.. 
  • Options
    rasbury said:
    There is a site and I could not copy the link but Google "Trac cell phones ft Lauderdale spring break"- pretty scary showing how easily this virus is getting spread so easily
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq2zuE3ISYU
  • Options
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    And that was from just a small section of beach...couple of miles tops? They should have done Miami Beach...my take is no matter what, it's going to be around you no matter how careful you think you are...guy at my work next to me, wife works at doctor's office, doctor just got the positive results...so...I have for sure been in contact with someone that has been exposed which will soon be the norm for all of us . Not an end of the world event but this just sucks.
  • Options
    Well I guess being single is a good thing these days. The dating scene has pretty much dried up for smart people.. I'm sure there's still some kind of crazy going out and meeting up.
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    I was 5 yesterday got a phone call now I’m at 4 and I think soon to be 3 
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    5 for me. I have been working from home for two weeks now and going stir crazy. I am on of the high risk guys due to medicine i take for an autoimmune disease that weakens my immune system so i am taking this pretty serious. My daughter is a cop and i had to get her disenfectant cause the county said sorry we dont have any. It makes me furious that the cops, doctors and nurses arent prioritized for protective gear. My thought is that it is inevitable that we will all get it. Just do your best to hold off months till after the majority of the population was sick so that there is a bed or a ventilator if you need one.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    That's what flattening the curve is all about...we should have a conversation with our wives that if something happens, they can get to the site and let us know...if the economy does not get us first. Cities are starting to layoff people.... SeaWorld 17000 or so? Not sure how many are Orlando based... Disney now paying their people through the 19th? New respect for that organization...
  • Options
    @davidbrooks. Well if China didnt make everything we would be in a better place I believe. Now how we got so low on everything is very concerning. 
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    @rasbury sorry but if i die i dont want my wife on my phone or computer. I have a deal with a friend to erase my browser history first.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    It won't matter by then