Options

Pic Of The Day

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all you guys that are already splashing your boats....this my Lake Simcoe recreation today. Gonna be awhile yet. Nice out today through. About 34F. 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How deep where youre at @Willhound?

I loved fishing in 8’ of water. I used to lay down on an old sleeping bag on the ice and fish for lake trout by sight. Really satisfying!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    40 feet. Looking for Whitefish. Should be deeper but too lazy to walk further out.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Willhound , it’s funny that your fishing on ice and it’s above freezing....
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    What's the probe sticking down into the water?  Sonar?
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    What's the probe sticking down into the water?  Sonar?
    Yep. I also have an underwater camera. Sometimes I enjoy watching the fish almost as much as catching them.
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    @Willhound , it’s funny that your fishing on ice and it’s above freezing....
    It actually started to rain so I packed up. It's going to hit 60F later this week and rain, so the ice might be done, especially if any wind to push it around. But it's still dropping below freezing at night and about a foot of ice, so there's a chance of getting out one more time on the weekend.
  • Options
    Maple syrup soon!!
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a lot to carry, bucket, fish finder, radio, chair, fishing gear. How thick is the ice?
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Ice is about a foot thick. Still solid. That little shelter sits on it's own little sled that also carries some of the gear. Here is another pic showing the back side of the structure with the other sleigh that tags along with gas auger and rods etc.

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friend finally finished his airplane. I don't think a factory could have done a better job. I watched the build process and his attention to detail and upgrades were incredible. 

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Quite a contrast to @Willhound's ice rig!
  • Options
    Lots more invested too! Homebuilt or kit?
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    #IfLaReaDidAirplanes
  • Options
    I’m pretty sure it’s an RV , just not sure what model.

https://www.vansaircraft.com/

2008 330EC
  • Options
    It's an RV6. Many many upgrades. Biggest engine, better brakes and rudder pedals etc etc and all the electronics are better then I have seen on most jets. He even added the digital CB panel to the screens yes for those of you not familiar they make digital CB panels. The detail to every little screw and wire loom was so far above and beyond. 

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    #IfLaReaDidAirplanes
    Yes!! 😁
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    On my G650 we call them virtual breakers. It’s crazy when you select a button or just touch the screen to pull or reset a breaker on a screen.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Yeah first I saw it was in the Global simulator years back and it was kinda mind blowing. Now seeing it on a kit built plane that was really cool. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    It's an RV6. Many many upgrades. Biggest engine, better brakes and rudder pedals etc etc and all the electronics are better then I have seen on most jets. He even added the digital CB panel to the screens yes for those of you not familiar they make digital CB panels. The detail to every little screw and wire loom was so far above and beyond. 

It’s tail number is registered as an RV7. Nice airplane. Most of the homebuilts now are pretty good quality, with all the available parts. I helped a friend build his and have quite a bit of time in one. 
  • Options
    Well then I guess it's an RV7. I can never remember 😕
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    This one in particular has about 110k into it not including his time. I think if you go with the base options it can be as low as 80k. Both are very reasonable when you consider what you are getting however it is the time it takes to build it which would put most off. His hangar is at the airport we are based at so he had plenty of time to work on it while he was on the clock at work and it still took him almost 4 years. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    Most of the guys I know are into them for around $100K. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Someone I've gotten to know thru Rinkervous built his own with some help of someone in Florida.  It is one of those seaplanes (I'm sure some of you've seen it in Rinkervous photos).  It was a kit and definitely a lot of fun and more options being able to land on water as well.  I believe it took him a little more than a year to build it.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    You out on a blow boat @J3ff ?
  • Options
    Willhound said:
    You out on a blow boat @J3ff ?
    Have made a few sail boat friends... def fun to pull up to them!! Another beautiful day down here.. living it up while it's beautiful... hurricane season will be here in no time!!
  • Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Friend finally finished his airplane. I don't think a factory could have done a better job. I watched the build process and his attention to detail and upgrades were incredible. 

I would not fly in any machine I put together.  But it looks like this person knew what he was doing.
  • Options
  • Options
    Lake Huron was rolling today. Craigleith Provincial Park just outside Collingwood Ontario. Good Rinker weather! Get the Surfboard out. 
    https://youtu.be/9EwzMd8AbZ0