Options

Pic Of The Day

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My uncle is a retired Air Canada pilot. He used to say that flights were free.....it was the safe landing you were paying for...
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    I think when left my last job, the challenger 350 I was flying went for $4800/hr. 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My aircraft isn’t for charter but I think G650ER’s are at $8000 + /hr.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    So You can pick me up in Florida and fly my to Texas?
    We'll rent you the whole jet starting at $6,000 an hour. Since you don't have a boat you should have all sorts of cash in the bank. 
    My accounts are definitely growing but not for a ride in a puddle jumper. 
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely not a puddle jumper. More of an ocean leaper. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Definitely not a puddle jumper. More of an ocean leaper. 
    LoL
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are out of my league. I won't even pay for Uber,  it's OK I'll walk.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,573 mod
    Absolutely beautiful piece of machinery. And it's just like my 2007 Rinker ... they both bragged about having a DVD player!  
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    My aircraft isn’t for charter but I think G650ER’s are at $8000 + /hr.
    How many passengers can it fly?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    @MarkB , 3 crew and 14 passengers.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    The 650 we had at Million Alr was the first one in the world on a 135 ticket, and it used to be $10K/hr. I think it’s considerably less now. Too bad that thing was broken so much that they had to send the 450 with it everywhere it went. 
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭✭
    Thats what Immelt ex GE had - a shadow in case one broke down. Private jet that is, dunno what he used.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    Absolutely beautiful piece of machinery. And it's just like my 2007 Rinker ... they both bragged about having a DVD player!  
    “Enclosed lavatory” vs the one outside?

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    aero3113 said:
    @MarkB , 3 crew and 14 passengers.
    So 2.5 hour flight will cost $1400 a person, which isn't that bad considering.  But I also think I have my math wrong ... clock probably starts ticking much sooner than take off, and touch down, right?

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    When the clock starts would depend on the charter company and how they bill the flight. They could do a straight quote you pay or you could pay actual time. 

It may not seem that bad considering however consider now finding 14 people and a 2.5 hour flight isn't terribly far and you need to return so now it could be $2800 per person. If it's a round-trip of 2.5 hours it is probably less of a headache for us peasants to just drive. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    @MarkB , you would also need 14 of your friends or coworkers because it’s not like a commercial flight where seats are sold every flight. Your plane on your schedule.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Well, that’s also just for the airplane. You will also pay any airport fees, pilot hotels, per diem, Ect..... and if the airplane sits, you will be charged 2 hours per day. 
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

From this evening... have to take the boat out every Friday and at least once a weekend to keep the growth off of it.. 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:

From this evening... have to take the boat out every Friday and at least once a weekend to keep the growth off of it.. 
    Where were you on Wednesday?😄
    https://nypost.com/2021/03/05/florida-snorkeler-finds-1-5-million-worth-of-cocaine/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Border Patrol is going to be rich.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    I went and put my charger on today. First time I’ve seen the boat in 6 months. One of my top goals of my pending divorce, aside from the kids, is to keep the boat. Man, it was nice to sit in it today.  
  • Options
    That's always sad when you hear about a man possibly losing his boat, oh and sucks about the divorce as well...sorry couldn't help myself 😁. In all seriousness that is never a good situation to be in. My co-worker is getting a divorce and his wife owns a law firm that does family law so sucks for him. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    @69fastback , do you guys winterize down there? I know a lot of homes were damaged because of frozen pipes. Do you think a lot of people had damage to their boats also?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    @69fastback , do you guys winterize down there? I know a lot of homes were damaged because of frozen pipes. Do you think a lot of people had damage to their boats also?
    I winterize mine. Hopefully I got it done well enough because it got cold here. I don’t winterize my bass boat, so hopefully it survived.  My son and I are about to go fishing, so we will see. 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    @69fastback I am an expert on this. I went through a very bad divorce. 3 separate trials. They kept going after the boat. I showed (wink wink) that I owed more than it was worth. Finally in court in front of the (female) judge, the judge got sick of hearing about the boat so the judge asked my ex if she wanted to buy it for $93000. My lawyer yelled sold (true story) and the subject of the boat never came up again. You could have a problem if the boat is paid off or its worth more than you owe. Its considered martial assets. Good luck and keep me posted.   
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Everything we have is paid off, except the house. Both boats, vehicles, dirtbikes, trailers, Ect...... all paid for. Everything I’ve paid off and want to keep, I get to pay half of again. 
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    @MarkB , you would also need 14 of your friends or coworkers because it’s not like a commercial flight where seats are sold every flight. Your plane on your schedule.
    Yeah, that's my point actually ... get 14 of us together for a flight down from Toronto to FL ... a commercial ticket is going to run you around $600 to $800.  If you split the cost of a charter ... it's more expensive yes, but not absurd ... and probably way more fun.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    When the clock starts would depend on the charter company and how they bill the flight. They could do a straight quote you pay or you could pay actual time. 

It may not seem that bad considering however consider now finding 14 people and a 2.5 hour flight isn't terribly far and you need to return so now it could be $2800 per person. If it's a round-trip of 2.5 hours it is probably less of a headache for us peasants to just drive. 
    Ah yes ... forgot about the return ... now it's getting pricey!  LOL

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current