Pic Of The Day

Comments

• YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 5,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone I know in their 40s got it by walking in and asking for it.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems some refuse to get the vaccine in the US, don't know why. It's avable. 

More than 243 million vaccine doses have been administered in the US, according to data published Saturday from the CDC. That's about 3.3 million more doses reported administered since Friday, meaning the current seven-day average of vaccinations is at about 2.5 million doses administered per day.

May 20 is not to far away, 
    Boat Name : 

I don’t think Canadians have ever admired the US for anything until Covid. Now we have never been so jealous. 
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least the organization and availability of vaccines anyway. It helps that some of the vaccines are manufactured there. Our idiots in power let all our vaccine producers move out of the country.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things are looking up in Australia!
    Boat Name : 

• RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    It means sudden drop off.....but if you need help, grab my Weiner.
    I'll takes my chances. But thanks anyway.  :#
  • 69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    Grahamu said:
    @J3ff you see them more on lakes where the water levels are controlled, no tides.
    @randy56, don't know, we are under a complete lockdown due to Covid being out of control here. Lockdown is supposed to end May 20. That's a long weekend  so hopefully then do a day cruise and get to know the lake again.
    I would say your government is the one that’s out of control. One of my good friends just pulled into their new house in Texas on Sunday, moving here from Calgary. They couldn’t be happier to finally be away from taxes and everything else going on up there. 
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    I thought of you as I drank my coffee and played my music. And I'll also think of you if I need my life jacket 😜

I noticed the screw missing bottom left on my way back and put it in. So embarrassing I posted the photo 🤣
    1997 Bayliner 3988
    Other than dust it's actually not bad. Previous owner didn't do anything so it's all just the typical Rinker rats nest of wires 😧. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • tonystoytonystoy Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

Added some underwater lights this year. My kids have already been playing with them lol!
  • GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    Very nice, I installed them on my last boat and will probably install on our 342 at the next haulout. Do they change colour.
  • tonystoytonystoy Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    @Grahamu yes I installed the seablaze X2 spectrum. So there is a whole bunch of colors. You can either let it run through the all of the colors or keep it on one color. They are really bright!!
    The seablaze are expensive but wow do they work!!
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Looks good! Around here in Florida,  I'd probably have a gator on the back with that light going on...
  • LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,722 mod
    edited May 2021
    Fresh fuel at our yacht club.  I've never been so glad to see 87 octane E10.  

Post edited by LaRea on
    You don't have access to non ethanol fuel? 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    @RiverRat232 - Amazing how many boats seemed to be named by 15 year olds.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

South Carolina will not recognize vaccine passports, our public schools have also been forced by executive orser to accept opt out forms for our children to be mask free in class. 

You and your children are obviously still welcome to wear your mask anywhere you feel you need it as well as get your vaccine in this state.  

I think the actions of DeSantis down in Florida are making fog horn leg horn McMaster grow a pair.  He won't get re-elected if he doesn't.  

• LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,722 mod
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Every fuel dock on the Potomac is corn fuel only.  
    The lake is busy today for there to be a fuel shortage.  I towed a diesel boat with a diesel SUV, I've yet to see a closed diesel pump but over 40% of fuel stations are reportedly out of gasomkne.  
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Politics and a strong agricultural/corn lobby. Been proven time and time again that the energy inputs and ecological impacts put into producing ethanol vastly outweigh the energy output and emissions benefits. Not to mention what it does to engines. End of rant.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
    As far as I know we have no ethanol fuel on the Columbia and I'm guessing it's some group that's lobbying against it which is fine by me. I posted a really good video somewhere here on the effects of ethanol with and without additives. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
    Hey it's a Pittsburgh penguin!

On another note, I finally found a good use for the bait table.  If you like spiced rum Plantation makes great sipping spiced rum. I use the cheap rum for mixing. 

I don't think my camera does this view justice, faintly in background is part of the Appalachian mountains standing above the tree line in the distance. While the Appalachian trial doesn't cross south carolina many trails leading to it can be found not far from here.  

edited May 2021
    Willhound said:
    LaRea said:
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Politics and a strong agricultural/corn lobby. Been proven time and time again that the energy inputs and ecological impacts put into producing ethanol vastly outweigh the energy output and emissions benefits. Not to mention what it does to engines. End of rant.

Ethanol fuel issues (hardened diaphrams, water etc) combined with EPA allowing gasoline refineries to remove any stabilizers they used to put in fuel are what pays for my boating habit!    Even pure gasoline needs stabilizer added to it.  Luckily many of my customers don't treat their fuel despite me selling both regular and marine stabil 3 inches away from our credit/debit card machine.