Options

Pic Of The Day

Comments

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    icoultha said:
    YYZRC said:
    Your girls are a bit young to leave home alone, no?!
    Tied up in the basement, no one can hear them screaming…:)
    Whoa things went dark 😂 He must be referring to those boat mechanics that have done us wrong in the past. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the passat oil pan in the back has a huge front sump.  Being that a ton of 4 cyl vw gas and diesel motors interchange block bolt patterns it wasn't hard to find a smaller profile oil pan.

This is the new oil pump and pickup tube to fit the new pan

This is the infamous balance shaft assembly that likes to explode and kill the BHW passat motors.  

I'm using an ALH oil pump with I believe BRM gears/chain which replaced this oil pump of carnage.  Also lost a good 30 lbs in the process.  Really helps this motor rev more quickly once it's deleted. 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,628 mod
    Here's an image of us getting shafted by the weather forecast for a holiday weekend.  Seriously?  Highs in the 50's, overnight lows in the 40's?!?  Ohhhh, that'll make for a GREAT raft-up.  Too cold to swim, and everybody running generators for heat.  

Booooooooooo!

• Options
    Your weather sucks.  It's been in the 90s here since Sunday. 

Monday is high of 70.  Big cold front. 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

Suck it up Northerners!  Hahahahaha
  • Options
    This is what the cicadas sound like here in Northern Virginia. Normally, aside from songbirds, it's very quiet with no car noise and not much airplane noise. Now the noise level is 70 dB, which is 15 dB louder than the normal background noise.

My bird feeder hasn't had a visitor in days, because the birds are all stuffing themselves full of delicious cicadas.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQA70bdm2Ww
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    Here's an image of us getting shafted by the weather forecast for a holiday weekend.  Seriously?  Highs in the 50's, overnight lows in the 40's?!?  Ohhhh, that'll make for a GREAT raft-up.  Too cold to swim, and everybody running generators for heat.  

Booooooooooo!

Same crap up here.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    I actually had everything ready to go to fly home to NY this weekend, parking for the car, flight up, rental car while up there, hotel room (didn't want to sleep at my parents house) flight back...  On Monday a quick look at the weather report, didn't look great, tuesday was worse, Wed still not any better, yesterday I checked one last time and cancelled it all. Thanks to covid I got every dollar back. Now to figure out how to spend the weekend in the keys! Have 3 boats and a jetski to pick from!! Rough life down here! 
  • Options
    Right now (Saturday morning) it's 53 degrees.  The temperature is dropping, and won't get back above 53 until late Monday morning.  Booooooooooooo
  • Options
    We had the opposite. Heavy rain and wind Thursday then warmer and dryer as the week goes on. 75 and sunny today 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    J3ff said:
    I actually had everything ready to go to fly home to NY this weekend, parking for the car, flight up, rental car while up there, hotel room (didn't want to sleep at my parents house) flight back...  On Monday a quick look at the weather report, didn't look great, tuesday was worse, Wed still not any better, yesterday I checked one last time and cancelled it all. Thanks to covid I got every dollar back. Now to figure out how to spend the weekend in the keys! Have 3 boats and a jetski to pick from!! Rough life down here! 
    You'll get no sympathy from me!

You need to be hitting the upstate south carolina Craigslist boat sections,  there are good deals every week on center console bay boats in the 19 to 22 ft range.  Our state is open and doesn't recognize the vaccine passports so there some boaters remorse sales going on.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤔

2008 330EC
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had to turn the heat back on in the Midwest. Not as bad as the east, low 44 and wind. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    My parents had a fire going today too!! 

Just another holiday weekend in the keys today:

• Options
    That like of looks like the largo sandbar any given weekend
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭✭
    The fireplace was cleaned out 2 weeks ago and my wife put in her summer candles 
    well there coming out today and the grate with some firewood are going back in 
  • Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 899 ✭✭✭
    Hey @aero, just catching up on the site and saw the pictures of your get-a-way with your wife.  I noticed your back u-shaped seat horizontal stripe is the same color as seat, whereas the other seats have a contrasting brown stripe.  Mine all have the contrast stripe.  Was your back seat recovered?
  • Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    randy56 said:
    We had to turn the heat back on in the Midwest. Not as bad as the east, low 44 and wind. 
    I could use some heat but after a certain date I simply refuse to turn the heat back on.  

• Options
    Again!! 🙄

2008 330EC
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Anchored at Beckwith for her inaugural run. Too cold to be here but these two year old tanks of gas aren’t gonna evaporate fast enough.  

2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    Again!! 🙄

I thought this was gonna be a picture of your transom door latch broken 😀
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    That’s funny @Aqua_Aura !! I almost busted another one when my port engine overheated last week. Some how I only tore the grommet and nothing happened to the latch 😅
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    after 2 seasons of towing nearly every weekend, one of those spent towing 10000 to 11000 lbs I got tired of my modified yet 20 yr old ford excursion spongy leaf springs.

I installed new f350 v code snow pillow front springs and f350 B code rear springs on top of a stock sized f350 4 inch rear blocks.  Lifted it maybe and inch higher than before.  I keep having alignment shops tell me they need my rig for an entire day to set the camber/castor.  This is a solid axle rig so the only adjustments they can make(the f250/f250/excursion share interchangeable suspension/axles/frame/etc) so use stock f350 specs for my springs) are the toe and the steering wheel arm.  So I decided to do it myself, no different than a 1960s 4x4 toyota.

I sat down a thin aluminum sheet coated in grease where the tires will rest.  I then put trash bags over the grease.  Drive the 8000lbs excursion onto top of bags.  Even with a 1200 lbs engine above the axles i can easily turn the wheel with one hand without cranking the motor.

Set the toe in at 1/16 to 1/8.  Im set at 1/16.

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @YYZRC I'm jealous. Beckwith, and that whole area is beautiful. Stopped at Giant's Tomb once and walked up the hill. Wife had open toed sandals. "What's these crunchy things that look like dried up dog turds?"  she asks. "Oh, don't worry dear, that's just the moulted skins from the giant millipedes that live here". Her feet never hit the ground all the way back to the boat. 😆
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭✭
    Seems this “pic of the day” topic under “general boating” has evolved into vehicle rebuild and upgrades…..

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    It's all boating related. He tows the boat with it b
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    The diesel engine that's going in my 1st gen 4runner was originally purchased to be installed in a carver 26 flybridge,  if that makes it more boating related.

And @Aqua_Aura is correct the sole purpose of my excursion ownership is for big boat towing.
  • Options
    echandler1971echandler1971 Member Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
    A friend took this pic of us today. 

Dan of Steel
    '05 Rinker 360 Fiesta Vee