Options

Pic Of The Day

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    Well no boating for me this weeekend, but my daughter did finish 3rd overall in points. 
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my not so little guy caught the first fish of the year. Had he been patient the very next fish on his rod, not even 10 min later, was about 3 pounds.  He was one and done.  
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,578 mod
    edited May 2021
    I caught this fat Potomac River catfish yesterday in 30 feet of water less than a mile from my slip.  The Admiral did a great job getting him into the net, which was barely big enough.  I'm guessing he was around 15 pounds -- biggest one I've caught here.  

This fish had discerning tastes.  His menu selection was leftover pork tenderloin with capers in a nice white sauce.  He was also a polite and well-mannered fish, even during the photo session.  I'm guessing it was not his first time having his picture taken.  

I caught a 10-pounder after that, and [EDIT: two more] 10-pound fish today.  This weekend convinced me that I need two more pieces of fishing gear.  I need a scale ... so I don't underestimate when lying about the size of the fish.  And I need gloves so I don't get cut when they chomp down on my fingers.  

Post edited by LaRea on
  • Options
    Follow-on story.  Today as I was anchored in a cove reeling in fish after fish, there was a 20' bowrider rafted up with a 'toon a couple hundred yards away with four little kids maybe 5-8 years old.  After a couple hours, they sent one of the kids over on a paddleboard to ask what I was catching, and what I was using for bait.  Right when she got close enough to talk, maybe 20 yards away, I hooked another monster cat!

By the time we left, all four kids had fishing poles in their hands.
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I admit, I wasn’t expecting to see a topless pic here. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea that's a great day. Nice fish. Some measure catfish some weigh them. Either gives ya bragging rights. Did you keep and eat or release? 
    I have one like this, does not hurt fish if ya release.
    Piscifun Fish Lip Gripper with Digital Scale
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Catch and release all the way.  I think the weekend total was around 60 pounds.  Oh, I mean 90 pounds.  Maybe 100.  

I ordered a cheapo scale.  I'll weigh them in the net, and subtract the weight of the net. And then I'll lie like an elected politician.  
  • Options
    aha,

I think the weekend total was around 60 pounds.  Oh, I mean 90 pounds.  Maybe 100.  

Boat Name : 

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hold on does 60 pounds really weigh 60 pounds? 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Lined up for the 4 hour shrimp season for the year. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    One more pic of the day.  The fence along my driveway is about 100 feet long, and it is COVERED with cicadas.  Must be 1000 of them along that one section, all crawling out of their shells and getting ready to fly.  

For those who don't know:  every 17 years, millions of these things emerge from the ground.  Their mating calls are deafening, so I'll be living with that for the next few weeks.  

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    LaRea said:
    One more pic of the day.  The fence along my driveway is about 100 feet long, and it is COVERED with cicadas.  Must be 1000 of them along that one section, all crawling out of their shells and getting ready to fly.  

For those who don't know:  every 17 years, millions of these things emerge from the ground.  Their mating calls are deafening, so I'll be living with that for the next few weeks.  

Yeah, I have over an acre of dense woods where I live.  I'm going to have to text everything that I want to say! LOL!  They have just begun.  They are going to love it when we hit 90 this weekend!  I'll be living on the boat!!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Great fish bait!!!
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to super glue thread to their tail when I was a kid. Would hold onto them when they flew around 😂.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Ouch!
    A boat fire in Midland sent up a tower of thick black smoke on Wednesday afternoon

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    This is like a six flags ride 🙂
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    New conceal carry. 
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice............. hard to make it happen in New York 
  • Options
    Sign Sauer is one of my conceal weapons I have. Nice guns. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
  • Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    New conceal carry. Very nice. Now for some Federal Hydra Shoks.

• Options
    No ammo
    I’ve got plenty. 
  • Options
    Have plenty, need a little more 9mm
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    edited May 2021
    @Willhound ....Here is your 22ft CC. Done some more research, this is the one. Just having a hard time righting the check. Like you say some newbie will be tired of it soon. They have three models of the 22ft. Check out the hull design, it can handle 3 footers. yet skinny water. 
    There is a boat test of there 202 on powerboat mag

Link to pioneer boats. 

http://www.pioneerboats.com/sportfish222.html

Pioneer 222 Sportfish  Boating Magazine
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. That one or one like it. Seeing more of them up here on Simcoe. I love the 
     "stainless wheel with speed ball"  :#
    The t-top is listed as an option though. Should be standard equipment in my book. But, keeps the list cost down to get the suckers in the door I guess.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)