Options

Pic Of The Day

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    Nice! I keep mine stocked with Dilly Bars. 
    Awesome, nothing like ice cream on a hot day!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    @J3ff , where are you in the North East?
    CT, that photo was taken off of Westport. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,595 mod
    A nice pic while we did our dock walk tonight...

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Stony Brook, Long Island

2008 330EC
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,628 mod
    The fish is nice, but the camo Crocs are even better!
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Saw Stony Brook baseball play at the 2012 College World Series. They had a good team that year. Most folks there were routing for them against the big dogs. 
    Post edited by TonyG13 on
  • Options
    TonyG13 said:
    Saw Stony Brook baseball play at the 2012 College World Series. They had a god team that year. Most folks there were routing for them against the big dogs. 
    Stony Brook basketball is good also. They went pretty far a few years ago during March Madness.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    The fish is nice, but the camo Crocs are even better!
    Not that good, can still see his feet… :D

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Great pic @YYZRC
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    I'll be back on my own boat and in fresh water this weekend.  Ive missed the luxuries and comfort of my personal boat but hated leaving the islands.  The water down there, while tropical, is actually a little cooler than my local lake temps this time of year.  We have striper in our lake, this time of year they hide out in the cool deep underwater forests 60 plus ft deep and come up to feed on blue hearing.  I really need to them late in the evenings as they are really easy to find but keeping live hearing in 90 degree heat is a chore.

I'll be launching with a new 16,000 btu ocean breeze AC with reverse cycle heat pump. She has a soft start capacitor built into it so my gp3000i start it easily along with 2 batter chargers and a window box fan.  

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice ac doesn’t look like it takes up much space 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    It is a fairly small foot print.  The control box fit nicely through the 6 inch cut out for the duct work so I could mount it in the side compartment under the v berth.  

The price was not bad either.  

Its made in the USA (assembled)  ocean breeze was quick with all responses and despite covid related shortages had it to me in about 4 weeks.  

I ran it on the garden hose last night on both shore power and the generator.  
    Post edited by PickleRick on
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you got it just in time 
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giving it a go from the shore on the Columbia with my new pink rod holder 👍😃

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Giving it a go from the shore on the Columbia with my new pink rod holder 👍😃

What are you fishing with? I always had good luck surf fishing if I hit the bay streams at low tide with a throw (cast) net for bait. Stock up on fresh shrimp and mullet.  Try to keep it alive if possible.  From jacks to drums to trout to flounder we always got something.  The occasional shark and ribbon fish.  

I hate living so far from the coast.  People always talk about how good the fishing is in Florida. I never caught catfish on the SC coast.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    (oon shrimp on a spin glow. Fishing has been slow this season and the water is very warm 🙁. But the beer was cold and weather was nice. 
    Post edited by raybo3 on
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't even have to leave our dock. The city brought the fireworks to us this year. About 200 yards away. People on the other side of the harbor where even closer. You could feel the boat shake from the explosions.

• Options
    That looks sweet!  
  • Options
    Nice day at Beckwith yesterday. 

• Options
    Rafted off to watch the fireworks. 

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Fireworks in DC last night were amazing!

https://youtu.be/ucwIeKpiwc4
    Post edited by LaRea on
  • Options
    But there was one very bizarre part of the night.  Starting about 30 minutes after the fireworks ended, the DC Harbor Patrol came around and started telling everyone they could not stay overnight -- something that has NEVER happened before.

Now, understand:  I was part of a 22-boat raftup with 8 forward anchors and 6 stern anchors.  We were surrounded by hundreds of other boats.  Most of these boaters had spent the entire day getting drunk, planning to spend the night as people have done here for decades.  Then, with no warning, they were all forced to operate their boats with no time to sober up.  

People were ANGRY!  I've never heard so much foul language used on Channel 16.  It was out of control.  

Luckily for me, I had stopped drinking around 8PM, so I was more-or-less sober.  Earlier, I had prepared to make a quick getaway if needed ... put away all the floating toys, prepped lines and so forth.  So we broke off and cruised home.  

And before you ask:  The USCG Local Notice to Mariners said nothing about it, nor did local media or any other form of sharing information.  It caught all of us completely by surprise.  If we had known we couldn't stay overnight, we would not have anchored there.  
  • Options
    Was a reason given? “National security”??
  • Options
    No reason given.  All they said was, go up-river past Key Bridge, or go to Washington Channel, but you can't stay here.  

The whole point of anchoring overnight is that it's the responsible thing to do.  Navigating at night with that many boats on the water is too dangerous.  
  • Options

Added a Briggs and Stratton pulse fuel pump which runs off the valve cover breather. Also added an in no one select switch to go from remote fuel tank to internal tank.

Should net me 8-10 hrs of running the AC non stop
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More cheating on my Rinker today..