Options

Pic Of The Day

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Willhound you bet! Almost calm as glass coming across. Couldn’t have asked for a better crossing which was appreciated as I’m trying to burn off this old gas and was worried about having an issue requiring me to limp somewhere. 

2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The water here is still a little cold, go figure it's mountain water fed.  How's the water in the keys @J3ff?
  • Options
    82 - yes that's the water temp. Had a miami guy complaining that it was cold last weekend. Couldn't believe it!! About to head north for a month back up to long island sound/cape cod  - that water is going to feel like ICE!

• Options
    benvenuttiokibenvenuttioki Member Posts: 128 ✭✭
    Peaceful morning. Just add coffee.

• Options
    @benvenuttioki I love your black windshield frame. Can you send some pics? This might make a great winter project!
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow that is really nice. The grey frame has always kinda bothered me. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    I think the combo of the black frame plus tinted windows would be <insert eggplant emoji here>
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I feel like this should be a great spot for fishing, plenty of schools of shad but not a single hit. Goes from shore with rock/tree structure to a good 20 ft deep in just a few deer.  So far all I got was a cat last night off of a hot dog.  I forgot to pack worms.

Ive been told to bring minnows but my bait tank takes up too much room on the platfrom.  This boat came with an ice chest that could also be used as a live well but the bottom was cut out to add starboard side batteries, now it has a removable plywood bottom to access the battery, wash down pump and ship to shore macerator pump.
  • Options
    No action at all for hours.  Get fish on both poles at the same time. I manage to land onethis is what I consider eating size. Any bigger they go back. Any smaller they are too small to fool with.  What does the rinker forum keep and eat?

@J3ff can get sea trout and snapper (red/lane/mangrove) year round right where he anchors out and doesn't even fish!
  • Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    @PickleRick. That water looks kind of "snakey" to me. If I were a snake, I would hang out there.

• Options
    Ive seen many snakes in and around the water on this lake but only a small % are venomous.  Ive seen plenty of large soft shell turtles and some squirrels drinking out of the lake this morning.

I heard something snorting just out of sight in the brush last night, i couldn't make out what it was but it was big.

• Options
    Just made the turn at Vail’s Point. Passing the military grounds now. 

• Options
    benvenuttiokibenvenuttioki Member Posts: 128 ✭✭
    @YYZRC, it’s the standard grey frame. The edges of the black canvas around isenglass snap onto and cover the frame. Other than the center panel, we very rarely the stuff off.
  • Options
    Video of the day, have no photo to offer... 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gcN6Y5AGehGPePnF8 

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

When I saw this photo it reminded me of a tv show where these guys were in the water along the shore and feeling around underwater for big catfish and pulling them out bare handed. It was hard to watch but I couldn't turn away. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021

When I saw this photo it reminded me of a tv show where these guys were in the water along the shore and feeling around underwater for big catfish and pulling them out bare handed. It was hard to watch but I couldn't turn away. 
    Noodling!  I've never seen it done on this side of the lake but cross over to the Georgia side and im sure we can find some country folk who can show us both the ropes.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was my mother’s birthday today. We took my parents and the girls to Fire Island, had the beach pretty much to ourselves 😎.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    First slalom of the season. She popped right up. 
    Post edited by 69fastback on
  • Options
    Awesome @69fastback ! You should make up some skis for the pigs!! 😂
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    Maybe get them in a surf board. lol. Although, the one pig we still have is over 300 lbs now. Lol

and she’s a happy girl. She’s a bit of an old soul, and marches to the beat of her own drum. She recently turned 16 and likes old trucks. I found the 1985 D150, 87K original miles, power windows that work, A/C, power brakes, power steering, 318, and a 727. She LOVES it. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I hope she gets a good allowance to keep fuel in that thirsty 318! I drove a 79 transam with a 6.6 back in higshcool but fuel was .79 to .90 cents a gallon.  I could fill up the 21 gallon fuel tank for less than 20 bucks on a 5.25 minimum wage part time restaurant salary.
  • Options
    I hope she gets a good allowance to keep fuel in that thirsty 318! I drove a 79 transam with a 6.6 back in higshcool but fuel was .79 to .90 cents a gallon.  I could fill up the 21 gallon fuel tank for less than 20 bucks on a 5.25 minimum wage part time restaurant salary.
    Allowance nothing. She’s had a job for 2 years. 
  • Options
    And the stock 2 bbl seems to be pretty good on gas. I’ve already put 300 miles on the truck, and it isn’t bad. The upside is, the power steering pump is leaking and she won’t let me touch it until she is here because she wants to do it. You can’t put dollars on that stuff. 
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    grandpa and grandma are having a great time. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    She recently turned 16 and likes old trucks. I found the 1985 D150, 87K original miles, power windows that work, A/C, power brakes, power steering, 318, and a 727. She LOVES it. 
    That is sooooo cool! Love it when a kid has interests outside of rap music and the Kardasians (I want to barf when I say that word).

By the way, you did tell her she can drive the truck with her eyes open, right? JK. LOL.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opening day parade. Got to ride on my next boat 😉 42 Grand Banks Classic. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options