Options

Stock Market

Comments

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to share this gem with you all. 

I've had EDBL for a year or more. It went green premarket for me, 50 dollars in the green. After watching it go slightly green and then back down big time for more than 6 months, I took the 50 bucks....

AND....

IT RUNS UP 200 % or more 15 mins later!!!

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And probably 200% down after that....might as well be looking at the screen on a slot machine...
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    ya but you can see when it's done the big move for the day.. I would have sold the second the price dropped past the bright green line. looks like 3.30ish. Sure you could have swtayed in for 1 dollar more per share.. but THEN it's an actual slot machine lol
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    the fun continues..

I've been 50% down on METX for 3 years...

They changed their name and then did a reverse stock split.

It resulted in me having 98 shares of the new stock ticker, BTCT at 4.81 a share. 

I was out taking photos of sunrise this morning.

Got back in after 20 mins or so, to turn my laptop around so I could see the screen.... to see the price on BTCT HAD RUN UP TO 11 dollars a share!!

DAM, missed out on more than 500 bucks!!

I did cash out slightly green but holy cow what are the odds of that happening!!

Thankfully the advice from boatman37 on trading futures seems to be paying off... we'll see!!
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    Futures is going good. Me and Jeff are actually in a trading Discord together. I had an order set for overnight this past Sunday night. 'Should' have made about $100 on the trade but my sell order malfunctioned. Woke up and was up $3700. I'll take that...lol. I haven't even been looking at regular stocks lately. Only watching futures and taking what I can get.
  • Options
    boatman37 said:
    Futures is going good. Me and Jeff are actually in a trading Discord together. I had an order set for overnight this past Sunday night. 'Should' have made about $100 on the trade but my sell order malfunctioned. Woke up and was up $3700. I'll take that...lol. I haven't even been looking at regular stocks lately. Only watching futures and taking what I can get.
    Are we futures traders now? At a bar when a girl asks what I do.. can I say "I trade futures"  ?  :D
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    boatman37 said:
    Are we futures traders now? At a bar when a girl asks what I do.. can I say "I trade futures"  ?  :D
    When that is my full time job then I will say that...lol

• Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 941 ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what is happening with Stocks, but with Crypto everything is zooming up pretty quickly.  I'm up an average of 30-40% on all of my stuff for the week.   The Blackrock institution has started buying up BILLIONS worth of Bitcoin.  If you're not familiar with who Blackrock is, I suggest you crawl out from under that rock hahaha.   Big things happening in cryptocurrency right now! 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the summer I inspected one of Blackrocks Gulfstream’s for a potential buyer. They have a very nice fleet 😎
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanguard and Blackrock control a piece of about...well... anything and everything.  Politicians will vilify certain actions the two groups make yet accept huge political donations from them.  They are the two largest asset managers in the world with over 16 trillion in assets.   They hold assets in the largest companies in the world, meaning they have lots of pull because of their share holdings. 

When people think big companies they think Apple, Google, Microsoft.... vanguard and Blackrock make those look like a kids lemonade stand. 

In 99 a Blackrock share was about 15 bucks.  

• Options
    Glad to hear that Lake Bum. Def still on the BTC/ETH train. However, I'm in with fidelity now. I've watched too many videos about FTX and other exchanges (even Binance is suspect) that were nothing but a bunch of Fraudsters to venture outside of the major banks for now.. and still doing the futures thing with Boatman.. Hope to be able to talk about some solid gains soon. We will see!! 
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Glad to hear that Lake Bum. Def still on the BTC/ETH train. However, I'm in with fidelity now. I've watched too many videos about FTX and other exchanges (even Binance is suspect) that were nothing but a bunch of Fraudsters to venture outside of the major banks for now.. and still doing the futures thing with Boatman.. Hope to be able to talk about some solid gains soon. We will see!! 
    Does Fidelity have a program that you can purchase BTC or some other crypto automatically in a "pre tax" investment such as all 401k's and Roth IRA's?  That's a good plan if so, depending on fees.  

Something I wish I knew MORE about, and I truly believe it will be the next massive explosion for investors, is AI tech, and how/what to invest in.  Let's face it, the planet is going AI, it's inevitable, and I'd love to learn more about it.  But there's going to be a million different ones that rise and fail.  The trick will be to find the next "Amazon" type of AI to invest in. 

Most Crypto that is in the top 50 or so, is getting huge gains right now.  
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Well that was a good day on the market!
  • Options
    Who is paying attention to Crypto?  It's going bonkers 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,569 mod
    Lake_Bum said:

Will Bitcoin actually surpass 2021 highs?  80% up from September, I'd be pulling some profits out if I had them, but I don't play any crypto.  I still have way too much invested in EVs, specifically NIO.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    Lake_Bum said:

Will Bitcoin actually surpass 2021 highs?  80% up from September, I'd be pulling some profits out if I had them, but I don't play any crypto.  I still have way too much invested in EVs, specifically NIO.
    Well nobody has a crystal ball that says for sure what the highs will end up being.  But with BIG money institutions coming into play now, the possibilities are sky high.  It's currently on an 18 month high, and it's just getting started.  Almost all of the altcoins are up over 40% over the last month also.   I'm not scrambling at all to buy more this go'round.  I'm just sitting back, and waiting to pull the trigger on the SELL button.  Many many opportunities for gains of 50x in altcoins. Some will do much better than that! 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lake_Bum said:
    Me

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    edited December 2023
    No complaints here.. threw money in, during and after the FTX crash  :D just wish it was more! Although, being up more than 100% on what I've got in feels good! 
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭
    Funny - after watching this thread for a bit....

Thinking the best time to plow money in the market is when replies on this topic are quiet.

lololol.
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mattie said:
    Funny - after watching this thread for a bit....

Thinking the best time to plow money in the market is when replies on this topic are quiet.

lololol.
    Buy when everyone else is scared too.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody ever talks about investments that are flat, or worse, dropped. You only ever hear about the wins......😉
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,569 mod
    Willhound said:
    Nobody ever talks about investments that are flat, or worse, dropped. You only ever hear about the wins......😉
    Well my NIO sure hasn't done my that well (should've sold more at end of July). But I'm in that one long term and I believe it will double quickly and then some next year.  I did make a little on it thru its ups and downs and hadn't sold any losses yet (I have some now).  I did sell my LCID (Lucid) for a loss.  I may buy some back but needed to take some losses for tax purposes.  I wish I had kept my AMAT, but I did sell that earlier this year for a gain. KO (coke) & V (Visa) have been some of my easiest and best to keep.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    I'll tell ya what, Lakebum is correct. The only thing I've made money on in the last 6 months has been BTC/ETH. The futures thing is way up and then way down .. probably going to give it one last shot and then call it quits on that. 
  • Options
    I'm making great money at futures when I'm disciplined. The past few days my discipline has been horrible and I'm paying for it.

On another note, bought PYPL calls at the beginning of the week in 2 accounts. Closed the once account for 47% yesterday and the other account this morning for 87%
  • Options
    The selling part in crypto is the hard part for me.  But I guess I did something right.  Last December BTC was just a touch under 17k.  I sold a little at 45k about 10 days ago  B)

Maybe that's a mistake, as it's future could very well be upwards of 250k!  But for now, it just paid for a Diesel pusher RV. Boating won't get as much priority in 24' now lol
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    I never trusted it so I only threw about $300 in it total. First at about $14,000 then again at about $24,000. Sold 1/2 when it was at about $50,000 so I doubled my money and sold 1/2. Had planned on buying more when it dipped but never did. For all that I have in it now it isn't worth selling so figure it's free money at this point. Maybe someday it will hit $500,000 and it might be worth me selling it then but if I lose it all then no big deal. I have much more invested in futures to worry about that $250
  • Options
    ETF for crypto approved. Lake bum retires tomorrow!! I dumped a good sized amount in at some point last week. 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This probably just made my bosses a few billion!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    ETF for crypto approved. Lake bum retires tomorrow!! I dumped a good sized amount in at some point last week. 
    Bwahahahaha.......it greenlighted it for ALL of Crypto to skyrocket.   It ain't going to be an early retirement, but it's definitely GREAT news!   Hundreds of billions of dollars are about to flow into Crypto.  Altcoins are where the big money will be made. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Only the beginning! 
    2000 Captiva 232