Options

Stock Market

Comments

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    @J3ff if this is so easy, when does your real money go in?😉
    well.. I've been using "real" money.. but the issue seems that there's a point where you can't get the amount of shares you want based on the volume. However with TOP it seems like that wouldn't have mattered. I stayed away from that because I've never heard of a stock going 3000% in 1 day. Seems like plenty of traders did actually make a good chunk on it though.

I'm going Boatman's route for a few different reasons. Planning to jump in head first next week or the week after.. just need $$ to settle and move around. 
  • Options
    Is this real enough? In and out of the same stock 3 times today, riding it up, cutting out at the first sign of a drop, getting back in when the chart looks good, then taking the profit out again.   :D 

First trade of the week, 11 min trade at 7am +160%, got 150% out of it:

#2 of the day, took 40% out of it. 

#3 Trade of the day, took 67% out of this one. This is NOT building on #2, I was completely out of #2 at this point. It's a complete additional 70% lmao.

This GDC stock went 1000% up, the chart said it was still good to go, so I jumped in with a super small position just for fun. It ended up going 600% more up, which I of course only got a small amount out of.. for me it's more about the % and the fun... took 30% out of it. 

What a day..! 

So we're talking personal gain today was 287% of basically not much money. Still a blast doing it!! And lunch is now paid for through next week ha ha!!

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome @J3ff. My jab was tongue in cheek and I'm glad you're having fun with it. Now old guy kicks in. Gamble the lunch money. Keep the real money safe.👍
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Willhound said:
    Awesome @J3ff. My jab was tongue in cheek and I'm glad you're having fun with it. Now old guy kicks in. Gamble the lunch money. Keep the real money safe.👍
    Thank you for the advice .. the funny thing is when I throw big money at it, the order doesnt completely fill. So if i had thrown 1000 at it, instead of 10, it's almost a built in safety feature that it would only have filled maybe 100 or 200 of it at the limit price I wanted.... guess that's just how it goes. Which is fine.. futures with apex trading is the real way to make $$ as boatman has said over and over. This is just purely for fun on my side. It's crazy to look at a stock and see that it's going up, in the next 5 mins, no matter what. 
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    The likely issue with you not getting complete fills is low volume. Just not enough shares available at the price you want. Another reason I like futures. Volume is never an issue
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread went really quiet. Did everyone but me get really rich?!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I'm still trading futures. Hit and miss. A few good weeks then a couple bad weeks. Trying to filter out those bad weeks. Been killing it on TSLA. Bought calls in 2 different accounts awhile back. Smaller account I paid $61 and sold at $340 for 450%. Also bought commons in this account at $112.63 and still holding.
    In my other account I bought commons at $112.92 and still have those. Bought calls at $127 (1.27) and sold 1/2 at $450 then bought back again at $61 and sold 1/2 at $345 then the rest at $580 so about 340% profit overall in this account. My other commons are doing well too. Haven't traded any other options aside from TSLA except a few small ones here and there. Been focusing on futures
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,568 mod
    I'm actually doing pretty decent with my stocks lately.  Almost back to breaking even for the last few years. :smile:

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    This thread went really quiet. Did everyone but me get really rich?!
    Thought it was you that cashed in. My stocks are still in the ditch. Except for WFG, PSTG, PG, 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 941 ✭✭✭✭
    Playing the long game.  Crypto has bounced back and forth from stable to the crapper.  That's when I buy. It will payoff big at some point 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    +5% in 5 days. +45% since Jan/Feb.  Works for me :)

Have made some good moves and some bad moves, overall coming out on top. Going to work to minimize the bad moves overall. 
  • Options
    nice day today.. check your portfolio guys!!

• Options
    Oh, I’m very happy with mine!  My NIO is up like 40%.  I had bought more when it was in the 7-8 range, now over 11.

• Options
    XRP jumped up 49% this morning, but NO WAY am I selling.  It will x5000% once the stupid lawsuit is over!  
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    Oh, I’m very happy with mine!  My NIO is up like 40%.  I had bought more when it was in the 7-8 range, now over 11.
    my friend who's holding a bag from the top hates my gains on the 8 bucks lol. 

overall made 4 figures a few times today .. that sea ray will be at the dock someday!! 
  • Options
    Lake_Bum said:
    XRP jumped up 49% this morning, but NO WAY am I selling.  It will x5000% once the stupid lawsuit is over!  
    bro, you rich! I'm sure you know it's up more than that now!! Take some profit! 
  • Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    ps. even better today! holy cow. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    J3ff said:
    Willhound said:
    Thank you for the advice .. the funny thing is when I throw big money at it, the order doesnt completely fill. So if i had thrown 1000 at it, instead of 10, it's almost a built in safety feature that it would only have filled maybe 100 or 200 of it at the limit price I wanted.... guess that's just how it goes. Which is fine.. futures with apex trading is the real way to make $$ as boatman has said over and over. This is just purely for fun on my side. It's crazy to look at a stock and see that it's going up, in the next 5 mins, no matter what. 
    so I fixed this issue, by switching to interactivebrokers and using tadingview with it. 

Orders that have 1000's of shares execute instantly usually.. its amazing to watch. 

here's an example from the last two or three days.

another from today.. my goal is never to be hit it "big" - it's to take chunks of $ out as it goes up and the moment it might fall, I'm out.. the simplest form is to just think of it as "paying the bills" - I am not a good long term trader it seems.. but I am pretty good when the thought is "i just want to pay the boat slip bill" or "I just want to pay the car payment" so that's the kind of trading you're looking at here. 

Sometimes it's only 20 bucks.. think I prob didnt make much (or I managed to lose it lol) on this second screen shot

Other times you make 900 and take the profit.. then you jump back in for a short amount of time, keep doubling down on the way up and 30 mins later you take home another 164.. 

So far, doing this over and over, has proved to be pretty great!

remember I haven't and still prob don't, have any idea how to trade stocks ;)

Sure taxes will be high on this stuff, but thats okay, I'd rather have the $ and pay tax vs not having it at all? right? :smile:

Post edited by J3ff on
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Lake_Bum said:
    bro, you rich! I'm sure you know it's up more than that now!! Take some profit! 
    Hahaha well it's up 79% for the day now, and no way in H%#L would I ever take profits on it at this point.  If you're not familiar with the Ripple/XRP lawsuit, you should look into that.  ACH bank transfers have been the "standard" for almost 40 years in the banking world.  Ripple will be replacing that as soon as everything is wrapped up on it.  The SEC lost their case today, but could still appeal it.   
    Everyone has a guess, but quite a few experts speculate that XRP could rival prices with ETH.  If that happens.......cha-ching.  You'll see me taking some huge profits hahaha
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    And after all of that.. the stock you were in with 2000 shares and you sold...the one that you had at 77 cents... hits a new high on a Friday while the rest of the market is looking red. Currently it's at 2.01 / share.

Unbelievable. 

LOL

• Options
    I bet stocks for CMT are about to go on a deep discount sale!  :D
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    probably right...lol
  • Options
    Lake_Bum said:
    I bet stocks for CMT are about to go on a deep discount sale!  :D
    Just saw someone mention this on WSB.

• Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    You should be happier this morning! 
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Dream_Inn said:
    You should be happier this morning! 
    Oh, I am definitely happy.  I did sell several thousand shares in the 11s, but if it dips at all below what I sold, I'll buy back up.  I believe long term this will be buying my next boat :smile: (or I can at least pay the additional maintenance it will take leaving it in the water).

• Options
    Absolutely LOVING the NIO action today and all this week!  I wish I had not pulled out shares this week and some a couple weeks ago, but they did all make me money.  Luckily I still have many shares in there!  I believe it can go higher, to about 18, before it stays at that level into mid fall.  There is a lot of potential left for this company, as it is just getting things going and has a good basis to now finally build upon.

• Options
    Its up today!!
  • Options
    WOW!  NIO is just going crazy. I figured that since I had rebought what I sold and even more last Thursday that it would certainly go down, maybe I finally have some good luck.  I sure hope they hit close to 20k in sales for July, that would help it get over the 20 mark.  It has hit 60 before, so who knows!  If it gets to 50, I'm out and buying my next boat!  (if I have the nerve to leave my shares in, LOL)  I wish I had left my shares in AMAT longer.  It is now 15% higher than I when I sold it.

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Welp it ain't much compared to you experienced folks, but this is the best move made so far in regular stocks (not futures).. not sure if it's too late to jump in or not. There's rumors of FDA clearance that will pop tomorrow am. not bad for jumping in on Friday
    Post edited by J3ff on
  • Options
    AND drum roll. This dude here watched it go down to +700 before hitting sell. 

Threw 500 back in and walking away lol - hope their product makes it. :)