Options

Stock Market

Comments

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was pretty much out today... although I did throw more $$ into PERI as a long term thing.. looks great on the charts. 
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    i made about $966 then another $354 in the sim account. Next door neighbor made $3145 today. He sends a screenshot just about every day. He isn't using the AI that we are using.
    But I was -$1200 for the week so not a good week. Monday was like -$4000 so had a big hole to dig out of
  • Options
    **** dude!! Wow. And wow at your neighbor. here's  my play today based on the indicator..

• Options
    one other thing.. I've been talking to the guy who made it. He says it was created for the 4 hour chart or more.. not the smaller ones.. so I'm going to switch over to 4 hour charts to see when to sell and maybe 1 hour to see when to enter. 

• Options
    edited March 2023
    yeah i can't do 4 hour charts. With Apex you are not allowed to hold past 4:59PM so by the time I would get a signal the day would be over. Besides that, a stop on ES futures based on a 4 hour chart would be thousands lost as the stops would be so huge.

Example...there was only 1 alert on ES this week on the 4 hour chart. A long on Tuesday at 2:00PM that would have stopped out for -50 pts $5000 loss for me ($2500 in each account)
  • Options
    My neighbor isn't using this system. He just moved here about a month ago. He uses whatever he has been using but it works for him.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Well, this system works..  :D -  

I am a terrible stock trader.  :D 
  • Options
    I have only been trading ES but the last 2 days ES wasn't doing good with the alerts. Noticed ES was showing about 72% win rate but NQ was at 90% so back-tested NQ for the last 2 days and the results were pretty good so gonna start watching both now
  • Options
  • Options
    Today ES alerts would have been good for $75 in each account and NQ would have been good for $55 in each account...lol. So far this week ES would have been about -$1000 in each account and NQ would have been good for about $2000 in each account. Gonna start monitoring gold and crude (GC and CL). I have traded those in my previous trading career but as with the other futures I lost it...lol
  • Options
    ha ha. 

Charts showing Pyxis good again for tomorrow.. Guess we'll see!! 
  • Options
    And the chart was right....

staying in this time. 

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,568 mod
    I've been very happy with NIO lately.  I had basically doubled my shares when it hit single digits and bought thru the low.  It's back up 25% in the last 2 weeks.  I see it hit 20 by summer and 30 by year end. 

I tried getting back into AMAT with a bid the last week or so that missed by 4 cents.  I had 115.55 and it made it down to 115.59.   I guess I'll keep waiting on it.  It should be a great one for long term.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Very nice DI.

This got haulted at 7 bucks... and has been crashing ever since. Took 35% out of it.. not a bad day :)

• Options
    Made a few tweaks to my system. Now using LRSI instead of TrendAlert. Seems to be much better. Was up about $1400 today but then got stopped out of one and ended the day +$840

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Almost fell out of bed seeing a nice 200+ precent gain EST today.. BM has been amazing, in both his patience and time spent teaching me how to do futures, I suggest you all listen to him as less than 12 hours of actually doing a simulator and trying out the next step has shown how profitable it can be.. even though I lost the initial investment into learning ($37.00 thanks to his code). I got extremely lucky on this trade today.  That $ is going straight into what boatman has been talking about.  Happy Friday!

Post edited by J3ff on
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 941 ✭✭✭✭
    ETH had a massive jump for the week.  I took some great profits on it.  Most of the crypto I'm holding has gone up for the week by at least 14%.  I only touched my ETH though. Holding long term on almost everything else.  
    I don't think we're out of the hyperinflation dark times yet...lots of moves against the dollar happening globally. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Lake_Bum said:
    ETH had a massive jump for the week.  I took some great profits on it.  Most of the crypto I'm holding has gone up for the week by at least 14%.  I only touched my ETH though. Holding long term on almost everything else.  
    I don't think we're out of the hyperinflation dark times yet...lots of moves against the dollar happening globally. 
    Nice! Great job. 
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Almost fell out of bed seeing a nice 200+ precent gain EST today.. BM has been amazing, in both his patience and time spent teaching me how to do futures, I suggest you all listen to him as less than 12 hours of actually doing a simulator and trying out the next step has shown how profitable it can be.. even though I lost the initial investment into learning ($37.00 thanks to his code). I got extremely lucky on this trade today.  That $ is going straight into what boatman has been talking about.  Happy Friday!

Thanks. Futures are fun and you can make money quick. This was a bad week with FOMC Wednesday and me at jury duty Monday and I still made almost $1000. I traded 1/2 size all week too cause I wasn't that confident with all the news that came out this week.
    Jeff signed up for the Apex funding for trading futures and was up I think almost $3000 his first night but like most of us do, we get greedy. I have been there, done that...lol. I had a couple of rough weeks but stopped using the TrendAlert indicator and switched to the Laguerre RSI and since then I have had 1 red day in the last 10 trading days so that seems to be working
  • Options
    BTW-that code Jeff mentioned is for Apex. They have sales all the time and the code is usually Save80. I don't get anything from them but just sharing it
  • Options
    rough day today. At one point i was down about $1400 but by close i was only down $600. Still green for the week and only my 2nd red day in the last 14 trading days. i'll get it back. no worries. just showing that there will be bad days here and there.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I ended up down 100 after getting greedy, a stop limit hit and then watching the very same stock go +50 ... Lesson learned.

In the pictures below I was perfectly poised to take advantage of a nice quick 50 bucks. However because I had set my trailing stop loss a little too small, The price dropped and the app did what I told it to do, it sold most of the 110 investment for a tiny amount of money as far as profit goes. So then I started chasing it and even at plus 50%. I still did not cash out even after throwing more money in at 41%. And very quickly hit another trailing stop loss that I had already set. The lesson here is to not chase things and not get angry. The one good thing I did was set that trailing stop loss each time because this stock would have taken much more away if I hadn't done that. Today going to focus on high quality trades and getting back into the futures. 🤣 Also, this has been nothing but fun up until yesterday where I got a little frustrated. Going to remind myself that having fun is what this is about and concentrate on that aspect of it.

• Options
    only made $100 today. Got no alerts so just did a scalp. Market sucks right now
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    ya market was tough today  :D 

As a funny reminder of short vs long term. My co-worker is a long term guy.. he was down a few 1000 today and I said "how the heck are you okay with this??" when he showed me his red screen...

He said "well... because this is the screen that really matters"

He's been investing for 4 years. 

I dont know how the heck he did this, but he started with 14099 bucks and has made 71 % on it in 4 years.. all slow movers.. hardly selling.. 

Amazing to have a guy next to me at lunch that just casually has made 70% on 14K...
  • Options
    I bought WYNN calls a few days ago for $5.35. Sold them today for 6.90 (28%). It was at almost $8 and I moved my stop up and unfortunately got taken out. I was up 50% at one point today.
    Now to futures...another rough day today. Down $1000. Not sure if I posted but was up $600 yesterday. Down about $600 for the week. Hopefully get it back tomorrow. Market is too choppy with no follow through this week.
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:

He's been investing for 4 years. 

I dont know how the heck he did this, but he started with 14099 bucks and has made 71 % on it in 4 years.. all slow movers.. hardly selling.. 

Amazing to have a guy next to me at lunch that just casually has made 70% on 14K...
    Amazing? Not really. Healthy, but entirely doable. He would have had a an annual average return of 14 - 15% with re-invested dividends which in the market of the last 3 years is high, but realistic, particularly if he is younger and his portfolio is skewed from medium to high risk. I would expect a few financials, maybe some health care or consumer staples, and a few high risk like tech.
    I'm a little more conservative because of my age and being close to retirement but even so I've averaged 10 - 12% the last three years and have never touched it.
    The magic of stable investments, dividend re-investment and compounding of returns. 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    20k in 15 minutes.

Only did one trade in the game today and this was the result! I even goofed up that buy of 4. That was supposed to be the sell
  • Options
    well, that was another insane day. have never seen a stock go 3000% in 2 days... but it did. Makes getting 37% out of it today in 15ish mins seem lame?? 
  • Options
    stock was TOP 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @J3ff if this is so easy, when does your real money go in?😉
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)