Options

Stock Market

Comments

• Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 941 ✭✭✭✭
    If any of you are on the fence, wondering about crypto.....here is my referral link.  You'll get $25 in CRO for free, and later if you decide to get into staking rewards, I'll get $25 too. 

Use my referral link https://crypto.com/app/vkfegvwjx9 to sign up for Crypto.com and we both get $25 USD 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remember ... crypto is give and TAKE.  Be careful ... like today ... we went from 49k high yesterday to 43k today. It's not for the faint of heart.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will see more swings like that now with Bitcoin since it’s traded now. People are selling to take gains. It will keep increasing.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    The Bitcoin halving is in a few months, only happens every 4 years. Add that to the list of reasons to buy more now
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great two days in futures. This is my last effort on this. I also completely reversed my thought process on it. Might be exciting to make 1500/day in not that many trades, but @boatman37 and I both know that certain things can work for a while and then totally stop working.

Will see if it plays out next week as well. 

• Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    Yeah we are using a prop firm where you pay to buy an account and use their money to trade. You buy an evaluation account and have to pass it then pay a 1 time fee to buy the real account. You can have up to 20 accounts. There is a guy that has been consistently making $1000-2000 a day in each account...yeah, $20,000-40,000 a day. He started early December and has made just over $500,000 already. He has been trading for 10 years so he isn't a rookie. But there are rules for withdrawal. For a $50,000 account you have to get to $53,000 to pass without drawing down -$2500 on a trailing draw down. So if you get to $51,000 then your trail stop is now $48,500. Get to 51,100 then your trailing threshold is now 48,600, etc. This trailing threshold stops at 50,100 so once you get to 52,600 your TT stops. You cannot withdraw until you get to 52,600 and minimum withdrawal is $500. For your first 3 withdrawals you can only take a maximum of $2000/account then after that it's unlimited. This guy took out $40000 in december then took another 40,000 today. 
    I have taken 1 withdrawal so far. The trailing threshold is hard to work around. I blew 3 eval accounts this week. 2 were at 52,000 so getting close to passing then I got careless and my trailing threshold was at 49,500 so when I hit that it was blown. I bought 2 more accounts and had them at 51,000 and 50,600 today. I got very aggressive and blew the 51,000 one today. We use trade copiers that will copy your trades across all accounts you have it set to. Thats how I blew both earlier this week. Today I wasn't using the copier so only blew the one. I have 2 real money accounts that I'm being very conservative with. I have been tweaking a strategy and started tracking it this week and made an adjustment Wednesday. Yesterday and today I made $100 in both PA accounts each day and that is real easy to do. Figuring once I get 20 accounts at $100/day profit will add up. Once I build up some cushion I'll add contracts to get to $200/day in each account. The system I'm using is very conservative. 
    There are lots of folks in the Apex Discord (Apex is the prop firm) that are making up to $4000-5000/day. We just need to get more real money accounts. It costs about $200 per account total and requires 7 days of trading to pass so can't just do them all at once.
    And yes, about 90% of the traders fail so this is where Apex makes their money but the 10% that stick it out and make it can do very well.
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Great two days in futures. This is my last effort on this. I also completely reversed my thought process on it. Might be exciting to make 1500/day in not that many trades, but @boatman37 and I both know that certain things can work for a while and then totally stop working.

Will see if it plays out next week as well. 

Just to add on to boatmans post. I'm using a different prop firm, topstep, I actually took the 400+ loss on purpose and it was kind of a challenge to do so.. among other rules, there's a rule that you can't make more than 50% of your gain in one day or something. I wanted to pass the eval in 2 days, so when I was up 2000, I took an almost 500 dollar hit to get it back down to 1500, so that on the 2nd day all I needed was 1500... to pass. With top step its a 2 day min it seems. Either way, funded account starts tomorrow at 6pm. I will not be trading until Tuesday at 830am if there's news or 930am open. I am not going to pay attention to if there is news or not, will just be there at 830 looking at the chart. Some of the best stock moves I've ever made was just looking at the actual chart and not paying attention to any news or which stock it is or what company it is. A friend of mine at the marina couldn't understand making 300 here, 500 there, 200 there, without knowing the name of the company or anything about it.

Then when I showed him the +170% screen shot in less than 2 mins, he said "well I guess it doesn't matter, whatever you are seeing."

Going to apply that logic to futures, it worked on Thursday and Friday!
  • Options
    Yeah with Apex you can't make more than 30% of your withdrawal in one day. Not a hard fast rule as long as you followed your strategy but what they are trying to avoid is a guy buying and passing an eval then going all in on a news trade and getting lucky and making $20,000 and cashing it out. You have to show consistency and not just a 'hail mary' type of trade
  • Options

2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Man, @boatman37 has put me on a crazy journey... and I cant thank him enough for this!

There have been a lot of ups a lot of downs over the past year.. I think we started talk about it right around now last year... today was an INSANE day over here.

Keep in mind, because of the rules he has outlined previously I am only trying to make 1500 a day. 

After "learning" this for the past 12 months it really came together today. The learning part has proved that some days you are HOT and some days it's just not there.

I woke up, took a look at NQ futures. My charts have been pretty decent, just learned how to do bracket orders in a new platform at 5am.. so I figured ah what the heck lets use them this AM.  It has become clear that I am a good swing trader.. at least it seems like it. Who knows, maybe I just get lucky.  Either way here is this amazing day.

Headed to the shower a little before 7am, thought it looked like the market was going to drop at 7am.. threw in a couple shorts on one of these evaluation accounts.

Hopped in the shower, here's what I got out to.. (In this screen shot I had moved the stop loss into the green, I originally had it set for -250)

Ended up taking something between 350 and 450 out of that, can't remember.

From there the day got insane!

Grabbed a couple hundred out of this move

Made a bad move and lost 250..

Before walking out the door, decided to try and get it back.. got it back

threw

Pulled into my parking space at work..was 5 mins early, opened up the laptop +250 on this move.

830am news hit, 829 I dropped a short in, instantly up 1100 bucks, sold. That's +1100 in seconds. Now I was over the limit for the day that you could be up.. so I backed off and went to trade another account. 

This account was down 800 from yesterday..

Bought the dip of the 830am news drop..

made a bunch back.

There was 10am news coming out, so I took a break from real work at 950amish.. just in time to catch the insider trading drop I guess? Someone had the news before it came out..either way all aboard!!

It hit the target and now just need about 1200 to get to the max day profit target (1500) 

at some point the platform had gotten all messed up so while I was trying to buy bounce back up on that dip I took some losses, but overall ended up +1500 for the day on that account as well.

THEN the platform says "okay our bad, we are erasing all losses from 10am to 1015am" but the problem is I had already hit the target..

The boss takes us out to lunch, I go play some tennis (half day friday!) and come back to this!!

up 4k on the day on this account! Oh no!! have to lose 2500...

Well this is how that went at first..

I did end up losing enough $ in that account to not be in a bad position, either way. Long story short what a fun day on the market!!!
  • Options
    Awesome. I was out yesterday so no trading for me but my system was +$6400 per account for the week. I didn't make near that cause I missed a few trades and got out of a few early but looking real good. Got my system dialed in.
  • Options
    I guess I don't understand why you need to limit your daily to $1500  ? 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    To pass the evals, once it's real cash there's no limit (with topstep).. just played a few hours of games with my nephew (fortnite whatever, brain was a little scrambled after that..) a friend asked what direction we were going and suggested down.. I threw a steak on the grill and thought "well that does look like we're on the way to going down" - quick 700 bucks and the evaluation is passed.. gotta love that on a Sunday night!

• Options
    I don't use topstep. I use Apex. No rules on anything with an eval account. There are some rules on the PA accounts (real money). Basically there is a 30% rule meaning you can't have made more than 30% of your take in 1 day and you must trade 10 days in between withdrawal requests. This prevents someone from passing several evals then going all in on news and making $20,000 on one trade and cashing it in. Anyone can do that if you try it enough times.
  • Options
    If anyone is paying attention, Crypto is exploding currently.  Two year high's on BTC and ETH both.  And it's just getting started.  The alt coins will be where the BIG money is made.  The spot ETF on Bitcoin triggered massive buy in's from many big investment firms, and the halving is happening in April (only happens every 4 years).  This paired with ETH spot ETF scheduled to go through in May, and if the FED announces a rate cut, ya better hang on.  World War 3 might stop it, but it's looking like the current crap economy isn't slowing it down for now....
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Just woke up to check on btc/eth - figured I'd come here and see if you were retired yet!! Of course I'm more in ETH than btc... took a little profit end of last year.. wondering if now is a good time to take a little more, or throw more $ in.. hmm
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Just woke up to check on btc/eth - figured I'd come here and see if you were retired yet!! Of course I'm more in ETH than btc... took a little profit end of last year.. wondering if now is a good time to take a little more, or throw more $ in.. hmm
    Hahahaha not retiring anytime soon.  ETH is definitely the hot hand right now, but I usually never buy on a run UP, but a ton of people do.  If you decide to take profits, don't take it all, it's got a bright outlook in the very near future.  But something it still has, is higher gas fees than almost every other crypto out there.  Not a good one to trade alot.  But an upgrade is supposedly lowering those soon.  
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Good, I just bought another one last night!! Wow what a day so far, 
  • Options
    edited March 2
  • Options
    Dang!  That's really putting all your eggs in one basket hahaha.  But.....he'll most likely make a killing.  Shiba is the one, that finally got me into Crypto. Not to buy it, but it opened my eyes up to the massive money that was possible.  In 2021, Shiba had an event that created over 3000 millionaires in  ONE DAY. The largest was a fella that turned a $5000 buy, into over $3 billion. I've made a decent amount on it playing around, but don't currently hold any. 
    The bull run that is starting up, is going to affect most crypto's out there, and already is on most of my pile.  I'm up about 38% in just the past week.  Took some profits yesterday to pay for a new rifle and scope. More extravagant than I'd normally buy, because it's like free money haha.   
    Keep your eye on that Shiba guy, I bet he turns that mill into 5 in the next couple months!  
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    And it's just getting started! 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Kicking myself for only throwing 100 bucks into shib last weekend.. up 100%+ on it right now.

• Options
    edited March 4
    LiteCoin (LTC) had two back to back days of almost 10% each last week. It has HUGE upside potential, in my own humble opinion.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Bitcoin just hit its all time high.  
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Bought more shib this AM, up 60% on that buy on top of 135% from last weeks buy LOL - have been in BTC/ETH for a long while, averaging down as we were talking about here. 

Tough to know when to take profits.. interesting thought. Take enough out to pay for the boat I just bought? And then what.... currently there doesnt seem to be any other investment that would make more.. 
  • Options
    I'm up 360% on BTC. Average cost is $14,000. Problem is I only have about $250 worth...lol. Sold 1/2 after it doubled so this is free money now
  • Options
    Lake_Bum said:
    Bitcoin just hit its all time high.  
    $80 short of it. Should be a little bit of pullback now, before it takes the ATH out (in my humble opinion)

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Took some profit in ETH (4500) Looked like shib was off a cliff so took profit in that too (all of it 250 bucks on 300 initial) ... still 100% in on BTC. I'm not sure I like this pionex.us app I'm on @Lake_Bum - still doing good with Crypto.com ?  I've got some in a big bank too, but they charge HUGE % to move things around.. 
  • Options
    Yes crypto. com is my main exchange I use. It's fees are the lowest out there.  The best way, is to link your checking account, so you can do a direct transfer into your fiat wallet, then buy crypto from there.  Using a debit card costs 2.9% on purchases, so I rarely buy that way.  
    This morning's pullback on Bitcoin was caused by a massive amount of sell orders for $70K.  It hit a new all-time, and the sell was ON.   It will recover very quickly, and so will all the alts that it drug down with it. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Lake_Bum said:
    Yes crypto. com is my main exchange I use. It's fees are the lowest out there.  The best way, is to link your checking account, so you can do a direct transfer into your fiat wallet, then buy crypto from there.  Using a debit card costs 2.9% on purchases, so I rarely buy that way.  
    This morning's pullback on Bitcoin was caused by a massive amount of sell orders for $70K.  It hit a new all-time, and the sell was ON.   It will recover very quickly, and so will all the alts that it drug down with it. 
    Yes lol - I threw 2k into shib when it was down 22% and it went right back to a small percentage green on the day by 7pm, est easiest 22 % ever made!