* Hakuna Matata * 2003 Rinker Fiesta Vee 310
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoa. Cool graphic as well 👍
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Got the ProIsoCharge in. The 350 used different (smaller) lugs so I couldn’t drill them out and had to replace most of them.

Power couple!!

Post edited by YYZRC on
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    New shower mechanicals installed. Very happy!!

• Options
    New shower sump as the float was shot in the old one (plus it was gross). 

Also a pic of the AC pump/thru hull for @mfritz - located port side aft cabin:

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    @YYZRC.....Congratulations and great pictures.....wow and the memories come back to me just like that, snap! :-)
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    Thanks @Michael T - I loved the 330 but I could never go back - I am in love with the stand up shower. I will never take another marina shower again!!

I also got the windshield gasket replaced and accumulator tank installed. Almost summer ready!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    First ride and she runs rough and won’t get over 4300 RPM. I assume bad gas and will burn thru this tank and then change the cool fuel filters. 

Might have a bad alternator or bad battery - what’s the easiest way to diagnose? Batteries are two years old and AGM. Leaning toward battery issue as the boat has been on shore power for over a week. 

Post edited by YYZRC on
  • Options
    @LaRea when you did your engine bay overhaul did you upgrade your water heater? Thoughts on going to a 11 gallon?
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    @LaRea when you did your engine bay overhaul did you upgrade your water heater? Thoughts on going to a 11 gallon?
    You can install what ever fits
  • Options
    Right but I’m new to having a shower on board and not sure yet how long 6 gallons gets you. Don’t want to pi$$ the wife off...
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the shut off valve on the shower head. Wet up, water off, soap up, water on and rinse. 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    I replaced it, but stayed with the 6-gallon water heater.  If somebody really needs a long shower, there's infinite hot water as long as the engine is running.  
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @Handymans342..... that is called a "military shower"  fwiw.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @YYZRC....agreed the shower is awesome as is the head - we had a vacuflush toilet.....awesome too. In some places in the cabin the head room is SEVEN feet! The front berth is an island berth and is 'uge. Two fridges, ice maker and on and on. LOVED that boat! You are gonna have a blast with it. BTW it just ate rough water on the St. Lawrence! Have you installed the coloured underwater light$ yet? 
  • Options
    The island berth needs work, it is too short for me (I'm only 6').  Was it the 360 that you extended?  Any pics?  
  • Options
    @YYZRC yes, I extended it. I am 6'6" so the factory configuration was a bit short for me too. We did two things to get extra room for me. First we added about 4" of mattress padding that raised the bed higher up the hull making the bed wider and then I added an aluminum platform at the base (stern) of the bed that extended the bed around 16". I played with that piece quite a bit to get it best for me. It was out of aluminum. It mimicked the shape of the bed so it was still an island and we could both get on it from "our" respective sides. I think it was about 3/16" thick. It was plenty strong. I was going to fabricate slides for it so it could be retracted in the day time but never did instead I just screwed it onto the factory platform. Of course I had to remove the padded factory "rail" that went around it to attach the aluminum piece. I could have pieced a section of new mattress foam onto the factory mattress but instead we bought a whole new lower half and the Admiral sewed a new mattress cover. It was excellent and I had plenty of room from that point on. If you have any more questions don't hesitate of PM me and we could talk on the phone or whatever works for you. 
  • Options
    Thanks @Michael T. I am thinking about modifying it so that it’s the same as the bed when you have the stateroom. I will add a panel next to the closet on the starboard side where I can mount a TV. 

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Love the Hill 4x4s!!

Workin’ her to burn off the old gas. 

• Options
    edited May 2021
    @YYZRC....interesting. The Admiral nixed that idea as she didn't want anyone to have to climb over to get to the head at night. I looked at a new EC400 at the time and while there was room enough in the enclosed stateroom it was clear that there would have to be some climbing over your partner to get out at night whereas with the extension there was not. We had a big TV mounted on the wall as you came down the stairs that you could see clearly and one could still be mounted on the starboard clothes cupboard by the bed. I'll see if I can find some pictures. Attached is the modified bed which was Queen sized plus about 10" wide and King sized plus long. Also shown is the big TV screen (satellite connected) on the cabin wall as you enter and there was a 22" Majestic marine TV on the Port arch (also satellite connected) in the cockpit aft seating area.

• Options
    Thanks @Michael T! The climbing over issue is not a problem as I scale the end of the bed. Your modification looks great!
  • Options
    Added a privacy panel as first step to converting the aft seating area to a proper “bedroom”. 

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the boats arockin don't look around that panel!
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    @Grahamu could you please confirm that this is the correct cap/rotor for serial 1A066615? $145 on Amazon, how does that compare to MSRP?

8M0061335

Thanks!
  • Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
    @YYZRC, that serial # connects to 5 different engine models, what do you have?
  • Options
    Sorry - 6.2 not horizon!
  • Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
    Mercury MSRP is CDN$161.30. Most Mercruiser dealers should have it in stock but if you get free shipping from Amazon it's a better deal if you can wait for delivery.
  • Options
    Thank you @Grahamu!
  • Options
    JimGuy341JimGuy341 Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    Be sure to inspect your parts upon delivery.  I ordered two sets of caps/rotors from Amazon and one cap was chipped.   
    2008 350 EC