Pulled her, have a project to work on….

123457

Comments

  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up the new heads today and painted them. Hopefully installing them tomorrow.




    2008 330EC
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was wiping them down before painting, I noticed a hole that I didn’t remember. I looked back at pictures and sure enough it had a plug in it. I looked in my fitting drawer and luckily I had two!


    2008 330EC
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed I tapped off the exhaust gasket area wrong. So painted the area that needed paint. 


    2008 330EC
  • LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 8,074 mod
    Beautiful!
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cleaned the paint off of the mating surface for the head bolts by the exhaust ports.


    2008 330EC
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    Beautiful!
    Thanks @LaRea ! ⚓️
    2008 330EC
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope mine look that good when done…


    2006 390 EC
    2008 350 EC
    Georgian Bay
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @YYZRC , how did your cylinders look? Are you rebuilding the motors or cleaning up?
    2008 330EC
  • captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 578 ✭✭✭
    New heads look amazing
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    @YYZRC , how did your cylinders look? Are you rebuilding the motors or cleaning up?
    Full rebuild for both  :#
    2006 390 EC
    2008 350 EC
    Georgian Bay
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!! 👍🏻 
    2008 330EC
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bored 030 over, the shop claims I will pick up a few HP. 
    2006 390 EC
    2008 350 EC
    Georgian Bay
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!
    2008 330EC
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23

    2008 330EC
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    I don't understand. I'd quit poking holes with a screwdriver if that caused the problem. Just kidding...but why did the metal fail to a screwdriver?
    Same reason there are so many muffler shops are around tampa and Daytona....rust!!!  

    My 06 f 150 , 300k, same mufflers!
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @aero3113 my top priority,  with no particular knowledge of boat cooling systems either way, was fresh water cooled. I knew most of my boating would be fresh but probably would be coming out of salt. I think Tikki sent me down that wormhole. Wonder what happened to him? He was super involved on the site and went poof!
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    rasbury said:
    I don't understand. I'd quit poking holes with a screwdriver if that caused the problem. Just kidding...but why did the metal fail to a screwdriver?
    Same reason there are so many muffler shops are around tampa and Daytona....rust!!!  

    My 06 f 150 , 300k, same mufflers!
    You're closer to Mickey and Goofy than salt water lol
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23
    I got the heads installed today, adjusted the valves and installed the starboard side exhaust flappers. I’m having trouble aligning 2 out of the 3 bolts on the front bracket of the port manifold. I almost think I’ll have to drill the holes on the bracket a little larger. I loosened everything up but still no luck. They’re so close to aligning! I  got frustrated and gave up for the day. I was hoping to get the manifolds and risers on also but I ran out of time. I made sure I got the spark plugs in without the exhaust manifolds on! Lower intake manifold and new injector O-rings arrived. Hopefully I can put that all together tonight.




    2008 330EC
  • captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 578 ✭✭✭
    looking amazing
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 578 ✭✭✭
    Looks great 
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • Rich_Rich_ Member Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    Quick turnaround. Now we just have to get through this little storm
    Rinker sold but still have other boats        Eastern LI, NY
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes @Rich_ !!
    2008 330EC
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She sounds like a sewing machine!
    I had small leak on the port side riser when I first started her. Retorqued and all was good. 👍🏻 ⚓️
    2008 330EC
  • captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 578 ✭✭✭
    Good luck to everyone 
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn’t seem like it going to be as bad as they originally said. It’s the surge that might be the issue.
    2008 330EC
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The surge is actually always the issue...living in Florida most of my life....only costal when I was very young..Coco Beach..hurricane Donna I belive it was....but the rest I would take over tornados, flooding we see every year on the news in other areas of the mid west etc. I did do a few years in ND, also middle east . We did have a tornado through our town here in Florida killing a couple people so we do see it- my first in now almost 70 years and that was 20 years ago...it is that storm surge that takes homes off their foundations so depending on where, when it hits as far as high/low tide and how homes are constructed..these areas have been there before and hope are all OK!
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full moon tomorrow also….
    2008 330EC
  • Rich_Rich_ Member Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    Wind is not the real issue per se. Wind blowing the water into a funnel and the tide not draining out is a problem.
    Rinker sold but still have other boats        Eastern LI, NY
Sign In or Register to comment.