Options

2001 Rinker 340 3200rpm

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    Crazy thought, could they have installed the wrong rotation engine without noticing?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    CarsnmorellcCarsnmorellc Member Posts: 230 ✭✭
    Carolina Beach Marina has been good so far.  They are sending me every service record since the issue started and are taking care of the warranty paper work to get a new engine sent to me.  Hopefully that engine was the issue to begin with and its as easy as swapping them out.  Fingers crossed but I have a feeling there is a hidden issue somewhere.  After doing some reading it could be anything, from fuel, fuel pump, throttle cables, trim tab location, bravo 3 with wrong gears, wrong props, damaged props, etc.... 
    2001 340 Fiesta Vee 20P Hill Marine and 2 new 6.2 Horizon motors. Whine Down
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any other fuel switches on that boat he may have turned off or not fully closed after the trial? Sounds pretty odd.....
  • Options
    Ok so Jasper is covering a new Port engine since it is still under warranty.  I will be replacing the Starboard Engine as well.  With it having 800 hours on it I figured it would be best to do both motors at the same time.  I am also going to drop down to a 22 prop like many others have.  Any suggestions on a specific prop?  Also the sound system and Marine Mat Grey Almost Teak carpet will be installed.  Once the boat is up and running and the season is over I will be doing hardwood downstairs.  I will continue to keep yall posted!
  • Options
    Two remanufactured Jasper Motors start going in tomorrow. Hopefully within a week or two I should be enjoying my baby.
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh boy, there goes the rent money.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    You got that right. The combination of motors plus sound system hardwood floor LED lighting and Marine mat outdoor carpet I may have to sell a kidney or something! Haha
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have done the transom brackets and steering pins while everything was out!
  • Options
    All that was done when motors were out last year.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Easy access to check on your exhaust flappers now!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Motors finally going back in today!!! 
  • Options
    So motors are in. Fingers crossed it should be done tomorrow!!!
  • Options
    duane.mosleyduane.mosley Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    just in time to finish the season! good luck.

might consider filing suit against that surveyor. you bought that boat on his professional knowledge, no way he did a sea trial if you've never gone over 3200 rpm. not too mention the knowledge of a known issue with the boat. i'm not one to be sue happy, but something like this would definitely make me reconsider.

• Options
    So I got my boat back today and I took it out horrible results.  Gave it gas the first time and it got on playing with in about 16 to 20 seconds. And that was the highlight of my day. The rest of the attempts failed miserably.  There was like a wall my boat cannot go over at 3000 RPMs. I know I do not know anything about boats as the size but I have a gut feeling I had a cracked hole and my hole is waterlogged causing so much weight that it will not get on plane. Please tell me if this is crazy or am I on to something. I just had both Motors replaced and every component to the motors replaced as well everything in the engine bay is brand-new for a total of $18,000. I will post a video as soon as I can of what it's like when I try to accelerate. Also my boat is dumping water through the bilge pump every five minutes. To eliminate the boats water system I ran the backhoes shower out of the boat until it was completely empty. 
  • Options
     this much water gets pumped out the bilge every 5 to 10 minutes and slowly fills back up
  • Options
    Did they test run the boat after the engines were installed?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/dwkv4mTwlCg

Here is the YouTube link of me attempting to get on plane
  • Options
    Yes they test ran the boat and said it was good. @aero3113
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big leak somewhere.  

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    @Black_Diamond yes, I just had the boat pulled out and they said they could not find anything..... fml. 
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What drives and prop pitch are you running?

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Bravo 3. 22P 4 blade from Hill Marine 
  • Options
    I feel like I should just call it quits and walk away. 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So on the leak, that water is coming in quick, would be visible. Close every thru hull and see if that stops it. If not then u need to look under the engines at the bottom of the drives in the engine room. Water has to be pouring in either from your seawater hose leaking under the engine or the drives are letting a lot of water in. Look under the engines aft and see what you see. On the plane time you need to get the mechanics who did the work back on the boat asap. Maybe they did a terrible job with the throttle cables? What is that rattling noise in the video? 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Water is coming in from the front of the boat. I can see the water flow into the engine compartment from the hole at the front. Problem is there is no hatch or compartments for me to see where it's comes from. Nothing I'm the floor comes up.
  • Options
    Noticed the rattling noise as well.... something from the swim platform that was not like that before..... 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    have you pulled up the aft cabin cushions to check all of those thru hulls? 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Yes and I can see water coming in from in front of those.