Options

2001 Rinker 340 3200rpm

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't give up, take it back they must make it right. No test drive could have been done, 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Carsnmorellc  I can imagine your frustration and disappointment. I agree with @randy56. - don't give up yet. There are going to be a couple of issues here that will get solved. There is a water intrusion issue. No way there should be that amount of water getting in. Agree with Randy that here has to be a leak. Also agree that the mechanics who installed the engines should trouble shoot their installation. Fingers crossed that it all comes together soon.
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the water is coming from the front, it almost has to be from the fresh water system or the A/C system.  Should be no thru hulls up there. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    CarsnmorellcCarsnmorellc Member Posts: 230 ✭✭
    Ok so how do I get to the thru hulls to find or eliminate them? 
    2001 340 Fiesta Vee 20P Hill Marine and 2 new 6.2 Horizon motors. Whine Down
  • Options
    Ok so how do I go about getting to the thru hulls to check?
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Maybe its just the way the video looked to me but it looks like your putting your drives up instead of down. If drives are up you will never get on plane.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

By looking at the gauges it looks like the port drive is up (just out of view in the video) and Starboard is down?

2008 330EC
  • Options
    I was able to get a screen shot, look at your trim gauges. You'll have to verify if your port drive is actually up or down.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    port drive is down, the gauge is busted.  I tried to not have it in the video cause I knew someone would comment. @aero3113
  • Options
    Tabs down, Drives down, throttles forward. CHECK CHECK CHECK. 
  • Options

New fuel filters installed? Fuel valves open to the correct position? Possibly fuel pickup dirty in tank? Just trying to give you some ideas to look at.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Yes new fuel filters.  I'll double check fuel valves today.  
  • Options
    Clean bottom??
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Brand new bottom. 
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd have those mechanics back on pronto.  

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    F1100F1100 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    watched the video, yeah something is very wrong. in my 300 with twin 350s, all I do is put the tabs down, I never touch my trim(its always trimmed up)  and then roll on the throttles and the boat pops up on plane very quick. Then back off the tabs.. and cruise.

your boat is just plowing thru the water.

Did you put a swim mask on, and actually have a look that your trim and tabs are working? and moving the full motion?
    1993 300 FIESTA VEE TWIN 5.7L ALPHA GEN 2
  • Options
    @F1100 Yes is dumb as it sounds I keep a mask on just so I can see what's going on underneath. 
  • Options
    That's why I think that leak is something bigger than just a leak. I think the boat is waterlogged and thousands of pounds of water is stuck inside. Nothing else in my very limited mind makes sense. 
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Not good to do but can you get past 3200 RPM in neutral? Never mind, I reread your first post!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Yes the boat did plane out 2 times.  It took a good 15-20 seconds to get on plane, that might have been me easing her into it.  But when she did plane out it was literally amazing! hahahahahha I just need her to do it all the time.  
  • Options
    F1100F1100 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    maybe pull the boat from the water and put it on a scale on the crane lift. And see what it weighs.
    1993 300 FIESTA VEE TWIN 5.7L ALPHA GEN 2
  • Options
    @F1100 after this weekend thats the plan.  It sucks I want it to be the water weight cause thats what my head thinks but when that will probably be the most costly to repair.  
  • Options
    Yes the boat did plane out 2 times.  It took a good 15-20 seconds to get on plane, that might have been me easing her into it.  But when she did plane out it was literally amazing! hahahahahha I just need her to do it all the time.  

Have you tried going from neutral to full throttle in one smooth motion instead of easing into it? In your video towards the end I see you push the throttle full forward?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    @aero3113 I have tried both easing it up and pushing it up.  Neither worked, minus that one magical time.  
  • Options
    Once the rain stops I will go do more test passes and video tape them for yall.  
  • Options
    @aero3113 I have tried both easing it up and pushing it up.  Neither worked, minus that one magical time.  

It could be something as easy as a corroded or loose ground. If it got on plane for you twice I would think its something intermittent.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    That's why I think that leak is something bigger than just a leak. I think the boat is waterlogged and thousands of pounds of water is stuck inside. Nothing else in my very limited mind makes sense. 
    How low in the water does the boat sit when docked? If it sits low low then maybe but I find it hard to believe that there are thousands of pounds of water and you cant see it...... Just say'n. 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree, I don't think the boat has enough wood core below the water line to hold thousands of pounds of water. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A marine surveyor can do a moisture test - maybe even in the water from inside the engine compartment and inside the cabin through a couple of openings. That kind of water weight should have been evident from osmosis blistering, visible warpage of the hull lines and certainly when it was undercoated  (you say new hull - I assume that meant it was undercoated).  It seems like a simple (yet maddening) answer to me. Ground, throttle cable mis-adjustment not allowing full throttle travel - have you checked this?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Ok so update!! We had a 2 hour gap of sunshine so I made a break for it and did a test pass.  Lets refresh, yesterday I came down. Checked everything from fluids to tabs to trim. Boat took off and planed in about 15 to 20 seconds. I was happy. Still not the 10 seconds yakk speak of but I also eased into it.  Went for 2nd attempt and I'm SOL all over again. So now we are all caught up.

Today went to check everything and stuck my head under water and my tabs are neutral with the boat line..... everything else checked out.

Tabs won't go down. I jumped in, pulled them down and they would not hold that position. Tried a test pass anyways... failed. Which pi$$ed me off since you don't need tabs to plane and I've upgraded the props and have no water on board. Gas is still full.... 

So atleast we have some sort of lead....
    Post edited by raybo3 on