Options

2001 Rinker 340 3200rpm

Comments

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This pic is the wrong way, the pun should be father back on the drive. Hope this helps.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    guess I stand corrected. If I put my pin like this my drives hit the bottom of my boat when fuel up. The b1 and b2 way gives more negative trim this works for me.
  • Options
    CarsnmorellcCarsnmorellc Member Posts: 230 ✭✭
    Got it! That makes sense and easy to spot I will jump in right when I get to the boat 45 minutes
    2001 340 Fiesta Vee 20P Hill Marine and 2 new 6.2 Horizon motors. Whine Down
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Set it up like the Bravo-II pic, you want more negative trim.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put mine in like the bravo II- would it really make that much difference, would not allow it to plain out? I thought putting it towards the transom would allow it to pull further down but not so much?
  • Options
    Ok so one of my drives are wrong and the other one looks like an older replacement and it doesn't have the ability to be put on any other way. It is perfect round circle for it to go through where as the starboard has what y'all are talking about. Just installed incorrectly..... also I found the hole in the tab line that was leaking fluid. It was at the end so I tried to cut it underwater and out it back on and filled it up. Doing this got the port tab down but not the starboard side down.  Any good suggestions on how to do a new hose line while in the water? 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ......trim ram spacers......exactly what I was talking about.
  • Options
    @Michael T well only one of them. The other Dr seems to be an older model where it did not have the ability to be adjusted. 
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rasbury every little bit helps, I changed mine as soon as I bought the boat. It will plane, you have a lot of cylinder to open up. It does not take that much up movement to plane out.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Somehow I also have a little bit of fluid boiling out of the gear lube. So my Marina has now talk me into replacing both outdrives as well. Between those and new tabs possibly I will be investing or thrown away however you want to look at another ten Grand next.
  • Options
    If anyone knows how to change the tab hose while the boat is in the motor please let me know also if you know that hose size please let me know I left the bit I cut off on the boat and now I'm an hour away
  • Options
    Outdrive should be rebuilt if there is a problem, for a fraction of the cost.why is one lower unit different? When the motors were out someone sould of verified the outdrive gear ratio and fluid conditions. I belive they should be 2.2 to 1, turn the motor 2.2 and the prop should make 1 full rotation.
  • Options
    F1100F1100 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    I think your problem is your tabs
    1993 300 FIESTA VEE TWIN 5.7L ALPHA GEN 2
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would for sure look into rebuild vs replace- what would cause the gear lube to get that hot?
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went through a nightmare like yours too... was one of my first posts here.. dont worry, it'll get better and the boat will be worth more than the other ones out there too. 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Carsnmorellc , the link below is the correct hose to use. When I replaced mine I bought different hose from a marina with the correct pressure rating and it's been fine for 5 years. I also used stainless worm clamps instead of the black plastic piece that slides over the hose to clamp it.

http://insta-trim.com/shop/hydraulic-hose-2-000-pounds-burst-pressure-per-foot/
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are the clamps (collars) that were used on my hoses. They say they have 360 deg. Clamping pressure. Like I said, I went with stainless worm clamps instead because I was in a rush to get in the water and it's been fine.

http://insta-trim.com/shop/hose-collars/
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    @Carsnmorellc, I know you know this but having two drives at different attitudes due to disparate trim ram shim/spacer positioning is not conducive to good planing. That needs to get corrected. P.S. do you think you need a second opinion regarding the R&R of your drives?
  • Options
    Make sure it is not burping air Vs overheated oil. 

IF they need work, I can highly recommend All American Drive Service in Michigan. Talk to George. 

Something odd about that lower unit not having that spacer too. 

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    I honestly can't tell the difference between burping air and over heating the oil but I do see where one drive is different and clearly an older style. That concerns me enough to replace at least 1.  But on the bright side I finished the sound system install this morning. Stayed up until about 3 am... haha, obviously I couldn't test it. But that will be coming soon. Hope everyone has a good weekend and my story will continue.  
  • Options
    I'd make a call to George as I noted. He loves to chat and can give you scoop on the 'old' drive. 

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    @Carsnmore, great attitude and a lesson to all. Sh*t happens, question is how do you deal with it - do you let it ruin your day and poison your experience with your boat, or do you keep seeking solutions, find the one that fits and enjoy your boat. I hope you get a decent solution soon as IMO you deserve it. We are behind you and trying to help solve your dilemma.  While not expensive for us it is frustrating for us too !!!!! Good luck with the test of your sound system, I hope it rocks! 
  • Options
    Thanks @Michael T 

Ok 3 new updates. I was able to get her to plane again. Wot is 4900.  

I lost power inside. Had generator on all day. Was taking it slow headed back in from our hangout stop. About an hour trip, half way through someone went downstairs and told me lights were out.... I'm now on shore power and still no lights. 

Ac stop blowing cold, water was still flowing, compressor was still on. Opened door to find it frozen. Letting it thaw now then will turn back on. 

Any suggestions

• Options
    Update 

I didn't lose complete power. Only the switches on the far right of the panel have stopped. So pretty much v birth lights cabin lights toilet flush and fresh water pump. 
  • Options
    House batteries have water in them?
    check your battery charger too.  

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Mats_AugustssonMats_Augustsson Member Posts: 3
    Hi Carsnmorellc! I have the same problem as you with my Rinker 330 Fiesta Vee from 1999. I couldn't get more than 3000 WOT. How did you solve your problem?
  • Options
    Mats_AugustssonMats_Augustsson Member Posts: 3
    I meant 3000 rpm and I have 6,2 MPI with Bravo III 22P.
  • Options
    You certainly do have an issue@Mats_Augustsson. You should be getting a lot more RPM our of 377 Magnums!
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Thanks @Michael T 

Ok 3 new updates. I was able to get her to plane again. Wot is 4900.  

I lost power inside. Had generator on all day. Was taking it slow headed back in from our hangout stop. About an hour trip, half way through someone went downstairs and told me lights were out.... I'm now on shore power and still no lights. 

Ac stop blowing cold, water was still flowing, compressor was still on. Opened door to find it frozen. Letting it thaw now then will turn back on. 

Any suggestions

What did you do to be able to get to 4900 rpm?
    What was the set point on your A/C? If its set too low it could freeze plus make sure the controller program is set for de-icing mode.
    Check main DC breaker then check batteries water levels.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    I got my trim tabs working.  I still need to get my drives down or closer to the boat. After reading a little bit on the phone I definitely had the AC turn down to low which made it freeze. Today the AC work great. I didn't get a chance to mess with the power today I will be down at the boat tomorrow. But now that I know it will plane I definitely need to drop down to a 20 pitch prop because I always had this boat loaded down. With new props I should be at wot 5100.