Options

2001 Rinker 340 3200rpm

12346»

Comments

• Options
    CarsnmorellcCarsnmorellc Member Posts: 230 ✭✭
    Ughhhh. So my fuse panel left side power issue is back. I checked all batteries and water level looks good. When I came to the boat everything magically was on. Went out all day yesterday and worked like a champ. Came back this morning and the right side of the panel is out again..... fml. 
    2001 340 Fiesta Vee 20P Hill Marine and 2 new 6.2 Horizon motors. Whine Down
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to start simple:
    Battery charger breaker on?
    power cords connected and in good condition?
    connection at boat good (check the connection On the backside too)?
    Check charger operation / fuses
    Battery switches on?  

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    dale332dale332 Member Posts: 23
    I have the same boat with the same issue I just bought it, and trim tabs aren’t working... so I’m your experience, the trim tabs were the culprit of your issue is this correct? I’m full of fuel, 200 gallons, two people in Boat. 
  • Options
    WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Wow,  Carsnmorellc......I thought I was the only one dealing with a world of nightmare issues.   I am very sorry to read about your experience.  I did learn some interesting things that i was not aware of with the drive spacers.  I too will be checking this out.  What did you determine to be the ultimate fix to get you back planing out correctly?  Unless i skipped over a post it seemed like you went from would not plane to it did at 4900 and we have not heard anything else.  Can you provide a update.
    2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

• Options
    My fix was all in my tabs and props.  Trim tabs did not work when I bought the boat, to be honest they still dont work... fixing that now.  But switched to 20P props by Hill Marine and it fixed everything.  24P props that came on the boat are most likely responsible for my outdrives going bad as well.
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    @CarsnmorellcIf your tabs didn't work then I can see why the boat would struggle to get on plane.  That would have put a lot of strain on the drives too.  IMO I don't think the prop pitch was as much the issue as the broken trim tabs.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fix was all in my tabs and props.  Trim tabs did not work when I bought the boat, to be honest they still dont work... fixing that now.  But switched to 20P props by Hill Marine and it fixed everything.  24P props that came on the boat are most likely responsible for my outdrives going bad as well.
    Really glad to read this, great to see a good outcome 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Ya props are there for intial bite and plane
    only
    way to fix the issue like Stodge said is properly working and adjusted tabs.
    i mean if you are over propped I would say your main issue would be time
    to plane but eventually it would get there.
    specially with  no Load
  • Options
    Yesterday she finally went back into the water!!

• Options
    Here is a video of the test cruise around the lake.  

https://youtu.be/QZ7q1qNzPVU