Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The brass elbow on my generator through hull was leaking. Either the PO or Rinker used 4200 to seal the threads (?!?!). Anyway, a quick job to Teflon tape and reassemble. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nice when they are yellow, easier to see, my original on the 342 was black so it was harder to find as a first timer. Nice pic! very helpful for those doing this for the first time!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree @Liberty44140 . It’s such an easy job once you know what you’re doing. Hardest part for me is leaning over the generator to access it on the transom side.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭✭
    Launched and at home port. The rain can go away now.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Did a lot today! Vacuumed and cleaned out the anchor locker. I forgot to take an after pic. I also soaked the anchor rode in a bucket with laundry detergent. I used the spray on ceramic wax, I really liked it and the smell. So far the boat looks great, hopefully it will hold up. I also cleaned the props!

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Rich_Rich_ Member Posts: 152 ✭✭
    That impeller has seen better days.

Splashed the second 15 Whaler. New trim plane assembly should arrive tomorrow and will be one step closer to having all boats in.
    Water still too cold to think about Waverunners but not too far off.
    Rinker sold but still have other boats        Eastern LI, NY
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭
    @aero3113
    Looks good (Mantus swivel!)
    Just use muriatic acid on the props or polish as well?
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    @mattie muriatic acid to clean then polished with Flitz. Probably no need to polish, they were looking pretty good after the acid.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    tricountytrailtricountytrail Member Posts: 191 ✭✭
    edited May 22
    aero3113 said:
    And it was washed before I started. Now I need to find a better soap to use, any recommendations??

Total Boat wash works GREAT!!
  • Options
    You've been quiet lately @tricountytrail - what's happening?!
  • Options
    Maybe you could get a longer stern line, Rando. 
  • Options
    😂
    I think I bought premade 50’ and never cut the extra! ⚓️
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    tricountytrailtricountytrail Member Posts: 191 ✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    You've been quiet lately @tricountytrail - what's happening?!
    Working TOO Much boats been in water 2 weeks now!

Finally Got the dock area almost set up!

• Options
    Finished waxing the Pacemaker hull, touched up the bottom paint that could not be done with a roller, checked all thru-hull hoses, ready to float the 4th boat tomorrow. Next will be get the Waverunners set for the summer.

Went out to dinner on the Bertram.
  • Options
    edited May 26
    Launch day

Post edited by Rich_ on
  • Options
    Got the port cap and rotor replaced, had mechanic friend help by drilling off the top of the seized screws then gently working the remaining stud out. Something 50 years of experience can do better than my attempts. Dropped the dinghy dock in yesterday and launched the dink.

Found a slight seep at the starboard inline fuel filter thread so today popped off and resealed. Still have the port water pump to do, mechanic friend will help again as he’s more experienced in the ion water change than I am - I focus on keeping water outside the hull..

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options

Replaced the bobbins in my vests. I believe they’re supposed to be replaced every 3 years.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,623 mod
    I need to service a couple of mine.  Did you also manually inflate the vests and repack them?  
  • Options
    I didn’t, I probably should. One did deploy over the winter, somehow the bobbin got wet.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,591 mod
    LaRea said:
    I need to service a couple of mine.  Did you also manually inflate the vests and repack them?  

I did.  It actually was pretty fun jumping in the water to see if they would go off.  It also gave a you a feel what to expect if you needed to.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Fired up one of the Waverunners and gave it a good wash. Found that the cable for the rudimentary trim seized, so ordered a new one and started taking the old one out. New cable gets here Thursday so there is a chance to get it in for the weekend. 
  • Options
    New caps and rotors are in, also replaced cool fuel filters. When I installed my low profile bilge pump I only wired it for automatic. I like having the option for manual operation also so I wired that today as well. I had a molex at the transom for swim lights that wasn’t being used. I used that for the auto function, I just have to get a new switch cover. I saw on eBay they have bilge pump 1 and bilge pump 2 covers. I’m going to order them.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice idea.  My dash switch panel says bilge and bilge.  Its always a guess as to which one I'm activating unless everything is quiet.  
  • Options
    They look great 👍🏻 ⚓️
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 7
    Continuing to oil/finish the steps.

I put on the window covers which apparently seem to have never been used by the previous owner. They are in perfect condition. 

I scrubbed the engine room floor but it will take a few times to get it scrubbed and pumped out from the bilge pumps. This is the before, I'll get an after when I'm done. 

I think I'm going to repaint in the winter, the dirt stains are driving me crazy. 

I did find a broken ground on my starboard shaft. I put a new connector on it and reconnected it. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    SimcoeRinker400SimcoeRinker400 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    Corral42 said:
    2 months into the season and still haven’t splashed. I did get the bottom soda blasted, the hull wrapped, new barrier coat and bottom paint. All that is left is for the marina to do all the coats where the stands and blocks are.

Nice Blue Hull I have never seen a 370 with a blue hull 
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
    2023 Seadoo Spark Trixx x 2
  • Options
    Replaced port water pump today, all good. Shakedown run in the morning finally.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”