Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭✭
    I've had very good luck with the deep cycle & starting batteries from Sams Club. They are Duracell brand, but made by Penn Deka. They're $20 off right now too, $80 for a group 31.

They make AGM also, for a bit more.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭✭
    And I'm kinda bummed right now. My boat is trapped in winter storage right now. With the "shelter in place" order, the storage yard is considered non-essential, so until its lifted I cant get the boat. Not that I really need it until mid April, but I have spare time now to bring it home and work on it. Such is life right now. :/
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JoeStang said:
    I've had very good luck with the deep cycle & starting batteries from Sams Club. They are Duracell brand, but made by Penn Deka. They're $20 off right now too, $80 for a group 31.

I have the Duracell AGM's and they are good batteries. Deka makes a nice product here in the USofA.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    JoeStang said:

I have the Duracell AGM's and they are good batteries. Deka makes a nice product here in the USofA.
    I installed one of these in my streetrod a couple years ago and have been very happy with it.  I think I may have to get that toy and play with it since my boat is also under a cover still and here in MD they have prohibited recreational boating.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    @Dream_Inn I thought your boat was in the water already?????????
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    raybo3 said:
    @Dream_Inn I thought your boat was in the water already?????????
    No, it is on the lift and completely ready to go (everything, including liquor) moved in!  I hesitated because I did not want to uncover it and then be stuck not be allowed to use it.  Which I technically would be.   I'd be a sitting duck out on the water in that boat right now.  

I'm really torn about not removing the cover this Friday with nice 60+ degree weather and I have Friday off (yes, I'm still going in to work).  But, I'd probably get stuck about half way into removing my cover & being told I can't sit on my boat, even just in the marina. :(

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    @Dream_Inn my club has suspended putting out docks in (we remove them for the winter) and not sure when we will be able to put them in. If its too late in the season then I may not even go in this year........ 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I was cleaning in the engine compartment today and came across this alternator wire on the starboard side. Thanks to my trusty Harbor Freight hydraulic crimpers and water proof shrink wrap, it’s like new now!

2008 330EC
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goodness! Good Catch!
  • Options
    rasbury said:
    Goodness! Good Catch!
    Yea, I wasn’t going to work on the boat today but decided to go clean and get my mind off of things, glad I did.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @aero3113, what did that crimper run you?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    @Cableguy Greg , I’ve had it a couple of years, I forget what I paid. But it’s $59.99 on the website now. With a 20% off coupon it’s a great tool to have.

https://www.harborfreight.com/hydraulic-wire-crimping-tool-66150.html
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I re-crimped all of my 242 battery cable ends with it, works great.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Picked the boat up today from storage

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More sanding..it eventually ends I've been told

• Options
    No, it does not Rick
  • Options
    @rasbury, this is the only time im happy my boat is only a 235fv
  • Options
    John41John41 Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Took off my rub rail on the port side and filled the holes with some 4200. I had water leaking inside the forward berth. I hope this takes care of the problem 
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    I changed the oil in my outdrive today, because I didn’t get a chance to do it before I left for training in November, and then I started the boat. It’s all ready for a day it’s not raining. Maybe July?
  • Options
    We are dying for rain in FL...very dry March...
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭
    boatman37 said:

Shortest swim platform ever!!

kidding
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    mattie said:
    boatman37 said:

Shortest swim platform ever!!

kidding

Rudest thing I've ever heard a Canadian say😂😂😂

That boat makes the the pick up look like a toy.
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    boatman37 said:

Every time I see the pic I think the bow rail is all bent up becauce of the roof line behind it. 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options

Almost done with the starboard side other than whats under the rollers.  I have a house jack and plenty of blocks to get it in the air a little at a time.

• Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    lol. Yeah. The swim platform is in my garage. Took it off last fall cause I had a soft spot. And yeah, when I glance at the pic the roofline of the storage place looks like a bent railing. It's an underground storage facility.

The boat is a 25'er. The truck is a 2018 2500 but that boat looks much larger than a 25'er behind that truck...lol.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Takes a big boat to dwarf a crew cab 3/4 ton, that's a lot of wheel base.  

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    Rick the boat looks great .how long did it take to do the one side 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Thank you, Ive worked on it about 30 min after work every day this week and an hour or two last Sunday.  
  • Options
    another approx 2x3 section finished. 
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PickleRick How are you going to reapply the bottom paint? Paint it then move it on the trailer to get to the other areas. I want to do my own but I am worried about being able to get all the areas (I have bunks not rollers). I have seen a few different ways of doing it that don't include pulling it off the trailer and blocking it. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988