Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, once you unscrew the clear cap you will see the screen and it just pulls right out.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    got to use it = a couple hours = cool n windy but much needed fresh air and a mothers day boat ride
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Rick nice job 
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.  New rinker and fiesta vee 235 decals are ordered from the little sister.    
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭
    shawnmjr said:
    My marina finally opened up and let me pick up my boat today out of the rack and store building. 
    Those 246's have great lines on them.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Bought our 246 new in 2006 (2007 model). I think it was called bimini blue? Nice boat.

Saw it a couple years ago in for major service at the dealer, it had turned into a turd. Didn't have a good life after we traded it in. 

Gotta take care of stuff.............'how you do anything - is how you do everything'.

*think 07 was the first year for the 246??? not sure though.

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put new trim solenoid on the trim pump. $12 bucks cheapest part on the boat and very easy too. Then had to take it for a ride to make sure it worked. ;)
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    all the stripes are gone.  The original fiesta vee 235 emblem is almost gone along with all the graphics.

I am going to install the newer style RINKER emblems on the rear sides of the hull and the newer style  Fiesta Vee 235 in the newer print style aft of each window.

Im digging the naked look. Im contemplating leaving her bare white rather than putting any vinyl stripes on her.

• Options
    Looks great , @PickleRick . All white looks good, I’m keeping mine without the stripes.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    Finished re-sealing oval windows, finished repairing mid bilge stringer delamination, purple powered bilge and cleaned fresh water strainer (thanks for reminder @Aqua_Aura)
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was under the impression if someone tagged you in a post you would get a notification. I don't see it in my notifications settings and isn't that kinda the point of tagging someone, so they get a notification and catch their attention? 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    @Aqua_Aura this should work. @Pat310 put a parenthesis at the end, that’s why it didn’t work. If he put a space then the parentheses it would’ve worked.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh ok. Cableguygreg did it before and it didn't work either. Yours did just work though
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ++ on the no stripes. I removed my boot stripe a few years ago when I redid bottom paint and raised the paint line. Removed the stripes on the upper hull sides last season. I like the look better too. Plus saved the cost / hassle of redoing them. Looks less ‘dated’ I think. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    Took the shrink wrap off. Hopefully the marinas in Ontario will open soon. 
  • Options
    No stripes it is.  

I need to do a lot of buffing.
  • Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not "today", but over last three days and today's list at end... 

-pressure wash
    -wet sandpaper the topside
    -polish wax buff wax buff wax buff wax buff ceramic coat topside
    -mount fresh water system
    -drop in engine (brand new 357mag)
    -align engine, mount outdrive (also new)
    -wire engine (fix broken post on brand new starter after applying too much force... took half day) 
    -set all fluids right
    -relocate batteries, hang batt switch, locate and mount power distribution blocks, wire up. 
    -5200 holes where prior batteries were mounted
    -run hose water check for leaks
    -pump 38 gallons of old gas out and carry barrel to refuse drop off.
    -re plumb fuel system
    -refuel fresh fuel
    -repair trim cylinders and pump
    -fashioned new seat back/firewall as heat transfer tank lacks a 1/4" from being jammed into existing firewall/seat backing. 
    - started engine... runs smooth!!!! 

Today: 
    - figure out why blowers don't want to work
    - figure out why oil pressure sender isn't sending signal to dash
    - drop lower outdrive and replace pump which wasn't sending much pressure to engine on muffs. 
    -wire in headset and pull 0gauge wire (already wired and loomed, just gotta pull it through) from transom to run dual amps and speakers on ski tower... 

Maybe today most likely tomorrow: 
    - clean interior... polish wax buff wax buff wax grrrrr.
    - take her down the street to the launch, and drop her in water... 
    - start playing prop game again.. I've got a 5 blade ron hill marine pleasure five in 19p and 14 1/4" on it now, but have a three blade 21p in 14.5" ready to try... and... a 23p 14.25" on standby.  The outdrive is geared 1.62:1, so I'm pretty confident the 23p is my huckleberry... 22p's are hard to come by!!! 

• Options
    edited May 2020
    212 - what's the ceramic coat you are using??

BTW: isn't it still snowing out there?

I see 303 has come out with a ceramic marine sealant.

• Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a griots product.    

We're actually having a spring here!! Days in 70s nights around 50... first spring I can recall for years. 
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭✭
    Admiral got me a Nifty Nabber for my birthday today. So now when I drop stuff in the engine compartment I hopefully won't be swearing as much.

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Putting in vinyl flooring closes I can find to match the cabinets 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    I decided to get one of these two beer install 
  • Options
    My father bought me a flag.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    skuter99skuter99 Member Posts: 174 ✭✭
    Got my 270 prepped for cockpit fridge install. Ran new AC outlet. Ran new DC line with added fuse in panel and have the surround done. Just need to slide the fridge in and fasten down.
  • Options
    Nice use of that space 
  • Options

My sister is working on modifying the images to say 235.  These will be the only 4 decals on the boat
  • Options
    skuter99 said:
    Got my 270 prepped for cockpit fridge install. Ran new AC outlet. Ran new DC line with added fuse in panel and have the surround done. Just need to slide the fridge in and fasten down.

Ditch the fridge ..thats the perfect place to stock a liquor cabinet 😆😆😆 

Embrace your inner pirate!!!

It looks very clean
  • Options
    skuter99skuter99 Member Posts: 174 ✭✭
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭✭
    I actually got on board yesterday! She came out of storage and was ale to remove the tarp I had over the box and a friend was down there and had been washing his boat. The opportunity to take the hose and wash off the dust was good good to miss.

Next week is buff and launch.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    edited May 2020
    skuter99 said:
    That's funny, my 1st job is to remove the fridge from our boat. Never used it, indoor rack stored - no shore power plug in available in the barn. We rarely leave the boat in the water overnight.

Gonna make it the place for cooler bags & coolers with some nice starboard.

We have a nice access door that covers the fridge. So should be a quick retrofit & won't look any diff.