Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    icoultha said:
    Ahh, mine is the round cylinder type. Other threads I have read didn’t find an LED replacement.

Mine is the same.... Would certainly like to find an LED replacement!
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    So bought a Marinco adapter for my shore power but don't think my cable will reach the outlet in the garage without an extension cord. Will a regular outdoor extension cord do or need something heavier gauge? Only needs to be about 10' long
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @boatman37 , you will be fine with the regular outdoor cord.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Finished waxing her today. I find that this past wax goes on easy and comes off just as easy leaves a great shine and it lasts all season. 

2008 330EC
  • Options
    I used it on my 242 last season, I couldn’t believe how good she looked at the end of the season when she sold.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    @boatman37 , you will be fine with the regular outdoor cord.

Thanks! Just bought the adapter and never used one.

Today I finished buffing/waxing the port side. Supposed to rain the rest of the week then have plans for Saturday so hopefully next week I can get the starboard side all done. Hope to have it in by Memorial Day weekend as that has always been our goal and we have always made it. Between work and weather it has been hard finding time.

Boat looks better and better every year. It had sat under shrink wrap from winter 2015 until we bought it in August 2018 and needed a good cleaning. I do a little every year and it seems to look better each time I buff it. I use Presta Gel Coat with a wool buffer and Meguiars Flaghip by hand. Love those products. I'll get good pics when I'm done. Currently the shiny side is facing east so by the time I get out there after work the sun is on the other side so hard to see the shine.
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭✭
    Finally got all the vinyl and adhesive off. I kinda miss the "swoosh", but it was getting beat up from wear & tear over the years. I might add something back eventually, but gonna leave it like this for now. 

Rinker did a great job with the paint line between the white and black just above the run rail, so it doesn't even need that replaced with anything.  B)  

2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    Looks good @JoeStang ! I think if you used a wheel to remove the decal, it would’ve removed the wax buildup at the same time. Curious how well the clay bar works on gelcoat, I’ve had VERY good results with clay on paint.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    I had to get some snap extenders for some of the buttons on my canvas.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭✭
    Ordered two Deka Group 24 1000MCA starting batteries from Lowes. West Marine had same exact battery (with WM private label) for $46 more. Since we live closer to WM than Lowe's, I called and asked WM if they would match price since it's the exact same battery made by East Penn. Even though they admitted both are same, and pictures on websites are identical exact for the labels, they were nice, but said no. Picking up from Lowe's next week.
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    Looks good @JoeStang ! I think if you used a wheel to remove the decal, it would’ve removed the wax buildup at the same time. Curious how well the clay bar works on gelcoat, I’ve had VERY good results with clay on paint.

I agree, it may have saved some time. But I started when everything was on lock down here, and no way to get that wheel quickly. I needed the workout anyways, this lockdown has not been kind to my liver or waistline. LOL

2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    The wheel definitely made things go quickly but it was still tiring holding your arms up with the drill.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I received the flush muffs that @Alswagg suggested. Definitely bigger cups and I like that they can’t slide off.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    TonyG13 said:
    Ordered two Deka Group 24 1000MCA starting batteries from Lowes. West Marine had same exact battery (with WM private label) for $46 more. Since we live closer to WM than Lowe's, I called and asked WM if they would match price since it's the exact same battery made by East Penn. Even though they admitted both are same, and pictures on websites are identical exact for the labels, they were nice, but said no. Picking up from Lowe's next week.
    That is odd, 3 times last summer I brought the sales ad in from WM competition and they price matched., must have changed for this year. 
     With so many different on-line less expensive options I am surprised West marine does not price match, big mistake imo.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bry1429 said:
    TonyG13 said:
    That is odd, 3 times last summer I brought the sales ad in from WM competition and they price matched., must have changed for this year. 
     With so many different on-line less expensive options I am surprised West marine does not price match, big mistake imo.
    They had started to price match items if they were exactly the same. Not sure if that policy had changed recently. Unfortunately our local WM closed last summer, so it is all online for us Pittsburgh boaters unless we need something right away then we have to go to the local boat yard and pay very inflated prices. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I discovered there is a built in strainer on the freshwater pump. What a pain in the butt weaving in there to get at it. It was filled with growth and cleaned really easy and now all my faucets run great  
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Thanks for reminding me @Aqua_Aura , I know I have to clean that strainer on mine.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cleaned my tops and Isinglass and charged and cleaned batteries in anticipation of pulling tarp off tomorrow. Just watched the weather....high of 37F with a chance of rain and possibly snow in the morning. Only day off after 6 straight days at work and had to book a time to get in and work on the boat so I guess it's a go no matter what.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    Thanks for reminding me @Aqua_Aura , I know I have to clean that strainer on mine.
    Oh good I have benefited the forum 😁
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    I also started to put in the LED cabin bulbs  

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not know that had a strainer... thx
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,576 mod
    Wow Ras, you know how to take apart the motors and drives...but don't know about the fresh water strainers! :smile:

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    @Aqua_Aura , looks like you got the lens off 👍.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    aero3113 said:
    Oh good I have benefited the forum 😁
    LoL!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    @Aqua_Aura , looks like you got the lens off 👍.
    Yep. Not hard now that I know how. It was like trying to find the G spot before you told me what to do 😆
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Glad I could help!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    New muffs installed, a lot more rubber covering the intake.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Just so you know, the forum will not allow you to spell muffs without the s , LoL!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    It seems to block a lot of words unnecessarily. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988