Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice @reneechris14. Was that a standard underlay or a stick down product? If I do mine I was thinking of putting down a self stick membrane for the flooring to sit on.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Willhound just the foam no stick. Did cut the foam out on the angle and glued it down. Like the look with no trim but had to be very careful on the cuts.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Do we wax our boats because we want shine and hate the black/green build up that grows on the topsides of our boats? Or is it because our family annoys us and waxing gives us a chance to work out our arms and drink beer in peace?

I think im headed to the lake next weekend. Fingers crossed the campground i launch at is open. I can use dozen of other ramps but this one is gated, has rv dump station for the head and dumpstets for the trash 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got her permanent lines set up, flushed most of the pink out (previous owner put it in the tank) and set up my bow fenders on the rail.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Also found a good spot for our inflatable kayak.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Is that a hard bottom inflatable kayak you can throw a small kicker on?
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    Aero so the docks float up and down with the tide but Uluru line# are stationary on the forward poles 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    @PickleRick , it’s not a hard bottom. It’s like a very thick rubber that rolls easily. It might have a mount for a kicker, I’ll have to look.

@GMSLITHO , yes, the stern lines attached to the dock move up and down with the tide, the bow lines are stationary. Need to leave enough slack to get them off at low tide and have them tight enough so you don’t hit the pilings at high tide. All I have to do is back in and loop the 6 loops on the cleats. Very easy.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I installed new anodes and used some patch paste to fix a few rash spots. The Admiral wiped down all the interior and vacuumed. Waiting for splash.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    We use to drop tires on the pole and stuff with styrofoam tie the lines to them and the float up and down with the tide I’m on a lake now so stationary docks 
  • Options
    @GMSLITHO that’s a good idea with the tires.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Yea in the fall when we hauled out we lifted the tires and set them up on top of the pylons for next year 
  • Options
    @aero3113 Saturn kayaks are the brand im thinking of.  Ive been wanting some first hand feed back on them.  Sub 600 dollar dingy.  

Our three dogs range in size from about 60 lbs to 120 lbs. Im afraid soft bottoms would not last long with their weight and their nails.  

We used to put all 3 them in a jon boat and pull them behind the sailboat from our mooring to a close by island.  That was until the Pyrenees decided it was more fun to jump from the boat than ride.   A dingy was great for getting them in and out of the boat.  The rinker can get much closer to shore than our saiboat but after a weekend of lifting and getting scratched by heavy dogs, i am happy to get back to work so i can relax.  
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    I reorganized the storage locker under the sole in the cabin. 

I did that because I was there anyway, cleaning my HVAC raw-water strainer.

I did that because I was there anyway, cleaning the forward bilge.

I did that because I was there anyway, servicing the shower sump.  It quit while I was showering yesterday, spewing several gallons of grey water into the bilge. 

And that's why a 20-minute maintenance job takes three hours!  
  • Options
    MiamiAGMiamiAG Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
    I'm in the process of switching out my old, completely-faded rocker switches to etched ones. It's fun (kidding) trying to see what each one does now that I can't read them.
    2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP
  • Options
    Have you found those one or two switches that don't do anyting?

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Admiral worked on installing our new screw cover on the windshield...

While I installed three new batteries...

• Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    It didn’t get buffed last year so it’s getting this year. I still think Finesse it II and collenite is the best combo that works for me. It turns out pretty well for a 17 year old chunk of fiberglass   
  • Options
    Nice @TonyG13, put her to work! My wife likes to direct and enjoy, LoL! She does a lot a lot around the house though that deserves a ton of credit.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Looks great @69fastback !
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I stocked her today, crazy how much stuff I put on now that we have two girls!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭✭
    MiamiAG said:
    I'm in the process of switching out my old, completely-faded rocker switches to etched ones. It's fun (kidding) trying to see what each one does now that I can't read them.
    What style and where you get them from?

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Busy day....

a) Power washed top deck and anchor/windlass locker.
    b) Power washed the rest of the hull, the drives (a few latent zebra mussels stuck there) and where she was hanging in straps on travel lift at haul out.
    c) Cleaned props with muriatic acid
    d) Cleaned off scum line where stern half just sits in water and under swim platform with On and Off.
    e) Buffed below rub rail starboard then port sides and around swim platform.
    f) Power washed engine room.

I was done by then and the admiral wanted to see me for some odd reason! Tomorrow will be home stuff but Tuesday looks good for above rub rail buffing and drive rub back in spots and paint. After that she’s good for launch, other stuff I can do in water.

(The line is a shadow, not a stain!)

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    Spent all day yesterday finishing buffing and waxing. Today installed my new 2nd battery box to replace the crap one they had. Put the muffs on and fired her up for the first time this year. Pulled my breaker panel and found my shower sump reset behind it so put it back in it's whole and reset it and got my shower sump to work again. Installed a new joker valve in the head, fixed the one loose 110 outlet box, cleared all the pink from all lines, put my fenders, life vests, dock lines, etc and started to stow all that away. Also put my rear tie downs on the stern to the trailer. Still have a few things to do. Mainly grease all grease fittings, finish putting everything in it's place and that's about it. If we get a few nice days this week I have a couple chips in the hull I cleaned out and filled with Spectrum gel coat and did a rough sanding. Would like to put another coat on to get them even smoother but they are good for now if I don't get to it.
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @icoultha I know you didn't ask me but whatever 😁. I got the etched ones from New Wire Marine and I am very happy with the results. They light up much more than the original and won't fade. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Thanks @aero3113, any input welcomed. Do you have the bar lit when activated and the main lens when dash lights are on? Seems I could only get the etched if single lens/light.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    Well I didn’t get any completed pictures because it was dark i was finishing, but it looks good and ready to go. 
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My switches have dual lights so yes they are lit with the panel lights and also have the ON indication light. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988