Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the admiral got a rod holder grill mount for the boat for my B day.  Now I can grill and not worry about the kid or guests burning them selves alive with this little lava box on the transom.

Does anyone else have one of these? I like my little black camping cheap Colman better. This has too settings, burnt to crisp or incenerat.  I wish I could get the temps down.  
  • Options
    Its a kuuma btw...spelling may be different.  
  • Options
    Im glad it's not just me although I was hoping for a fix.   

The stainless turned colors after just one or two uses.    I've not done burgers yet but as small as the grease trap is I can see it getting filled quickly.

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PickleRick pull out the burner and check for an adjustment tab. Mine is a Dickinson and it was also had two settings - off or Chicago style. There was a tab at the end of the burner near the regulator valve that I was able to adjust to reduce airflow and therefore heat. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Thank you for the tip. I'll do that tonight.

Also my title and registration just came in.  Paper work was sent to the DNR back in late June.  I was worried they had lost my paperwork. The boat if officially mine and legal on the water...when it sees water again.  I winterized too soon. 
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
    Polished the starboard side below the rubrail. I forgot how heavy a polisher gets after a couple of hours. That's by buddy's Chris-Craft in the reflection. On to the port side next week.

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put together a new home for the boat trailer. Needs the sides and some leveling but it's getting there. Currently have the trailer parked outside next to the shop but I want it out of the rain. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Finished it up today. I left the back panel off to access it from inside the shop  

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
    At first glance it looked like cedar siding - and I was thinking now that's a shelter!  :)
  • Options
    Not cedar siding but it will definitely get covered in cedar tree since that's all I have around the shop area. I have a wood stove inside the shop and maybe one day when I feel like I'm getting cold I may add the chimney and put wood in it 😂. I just now started wearing jackets as the temperature is in the 40s, I run warm 🥵
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    My boat didnt like starting on the first bump when temps were below 60 and hadn't ran in 2 weeks.  

Tested glow plugs, 1 out of 6 ohmed out ok.

Did a compression test on the 3 cylinder i could reach without removing fuel injection lines and injection pump.  Found approx 350 to 400 psi om each.  This is cold compression numbers. The more. The diesel in the injectors boost numbers a bit but im happy they are all close.

350 was the first one tested.

New glow plugs oem Bosch replacment due in this week. 
  • Options
    magma fillet table/prep station.  This is something I've always used on charter boats.  We fish much more on rental/charter boats than our boat (funny how we are on our boat nearly every weekend 5 months of the year) but it's always super useful.  

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Also added a table top air fryer. The admiral was pi$$ed she never got to use the one I installed in the rinker before I sold it. 
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭
    Got my new stern anchor all kitted up. 8lb Mantus.
    Can't say enough about these modern versions of traditional anchors.

Long wait till I get to use it tho. Dammit.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    Air fryer is the only way to reheat wings!!! 

Replaced the leaky gear oil resevrior.  Ordered from Raleigh NC and took nearly a month for it to arrive USPS. That's about a 7 hr drive for me.  
     Order your parts early this year guys.  I'm planning on bellows and new gimball bearing in March so she's good to go in April.  Praying for an early spring this year.  

• Options
    mattie said:
    Got my new stern anchor all kitted up. 8lb Mantus.
    Can't say enough about these modern versions of traditional anchors.

Long wait till I get to use it tho. Dammit.

Sweet anchor!   Did you put some loctite on all the nuts and I don't see a locking wire on the end of that attachment. I have never lost an anchor but have lost the handles out rods/reels.  
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey PR, yup blue loctite.

Not too worried about loosing this one. My stern anchor is almost always toward shore. I hand bomb it in waist deep water.

Now, my bow windlass anchor has all the proper stuff, seizing wire, swivel, etc. 25lb Mantus up there.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    Finally installed the windscreen canvas I bought in the fall. Wanted to wait till the boating season before I did it. The old one is on too which is original 2007 but they replaced the rest of it at some point so it's still in good condition. You can barely even see my clear windscreen now. 

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    We stay in all year. Doesn't stay cold enough to cause issues and I have a bilge heater and cabin heater. I also put air in the waterlines and blow out the water just in case.  We do get snow and freezing temperatures however the river stays no lower than probably 50 at the coldest and rarely do we get long stretches of days of freezing day and night. 

I found a picture of the old canvas on the boat yuck🤢

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    In hopes of getting it out soon, I went to start trying to get the batteries charged and ready. I really dislike these new “smart chargers” that you can’t control. My big XS 3000XP AGM battery wouldn’t charge, even though it showed resting at 12.1V. The light on the charger would just flash, indicating a fault with the battery. I took one of my trolling motor batteries from my other boat, and hooked it to the XS battery with jumper cables, and then hooked the charger to the trolling motor battery. It appears to have got it going and I got my batteries to indicate a full charge. I hope to put it on the water soon, for my early year shakedown runs. 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ordered a patch kit. Have some spots I want to take care of. Will be a good project when the weather gets a little warmer.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    I'll wait for the results. I have a few small spots from the previous owner I wouldn't mind fixing. Where did you get it from, I see it's "rinker white'
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    @Aqua_Aura , check out this thread. I posted some pictures of some major holes I patched in my old 242’s dash. When I did my 242 I ordered through Spectrum, this time it seemed like I had to order through iBoats.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember that package is kinda of a 1 time use. Did a fix once about a month later opened jar and was hard as a rock 🪨
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Remember that package is kinda of a 1 time use. Did a fix once about a month later opened jar and was hard as a rock 🪨
    Yea, if you have a few spots to do, it’s best to fill them all at once. Then finish them when you have time.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    aero3113 said:
    @Aqua_Aura , check out this thread. I posted some pictures of some major holes I patched in my old 242’s dash. When I did my 242 I ordered through Spectrum, this time it seemed like I had to order through iBoats.

That old post pictures look like an as seen on tv ad. Looks like crap then suddenly it's better than new and you don't see the real work they put into it. You just filled it then added the spectrum color paste over it and polished?
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    LoL! Yes @Aqua_Aura . Very simple. I wet sanded with a few different grits then compound, polished and then wax.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Test first on an inconspicuous area. I was not happy with the color match on my 330. If I remember correctly, it was way more white than the hull (13 years of fading no doubt didn’t help). 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    I used Rinker Sand White (IB00251404).  On my 2007 swim platform, the match is almost perfect.  If you look from up close, it is just a tiny bit darker, but I think it will fade to match.  

You can't use just a little at a time.  They recommend mixing at least half of the jar.  They also say the shelf life is six months, but I bought mine 10 months ago and it worked fine.  
  • Options
    When I repaired the dash, it matched the shadow that was under the GPS mount. Once I wet sanded it and the area around it it all blended in.
    2008 330EC