Comments

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make more spend more repeat. 😁
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I feel like it's easier to throw 10000 a year into the boat, vs whatever the heck a house would cost. 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve....aren't you the big spender who bought a waterfront house in Florida then had a custom dock installed....talk about "heaps of money" ....just sayin'
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael T said:
    Steve....aren't you the big spender who bought a waterfront house in Florida then had a custom dock installed....talk about "heaps of money" ....just sayin'
    Cost less than your 360
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    rasbury said:
    Also in FL boating is year round vs up north where you have two weeks.. 
    Don’t rub it in @rasbury
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the last month spent about $600 on trailer. Two new hubs, 4 new barring buddy's, ect. installed myself. Just ordered 4 new tires today as they are 2016. Sam's seem to have the best deal. Carlisle brand. load D 8 ply, 81 mph, could have got by with load, C But only $6 difference each and if need be, I can run one one axle...according to the load rating . Ford did a study on tire's and said replace at 7 years. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    randy56 said:
    In the last month spent about $600 on trailer. Two new hubs, 4 new barring buddy's, ect. installed myself. Just ordered 4 new tires today as they are 2016. Sam's seem to have the best deal. Carlisle brand. load D 8 ply, 81 mph, could have got by with load, C But only $6 difference each and if need be, I can run one one axle...according to the load rating . Ford did a study on tire's and said replace at 7 years. 
    I just put those on my utility trailer. Good tire
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    randy56 said:
    I just put those on my utility trailer. Good tire
    7 years is prob the realistic sweet spot to replace ST tires.

after 5yrs the gamble starts…….lol

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuel prices will be a bugger this year. 🤑

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Yesterday trailered over to get some non e 90 Octane, it was $4.40 but at marina was $5.20 lucky for me I go a long way on $75. Those prices will not last long.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 869 ✭✭✭
    Regular with Ethanol US$5.50/Gal road price here in Toronto. Going up another 40 cents/Gal tomorrow. Another 2 months before I need boat fuel, hoping it is coming down.
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I filled up before haul out. Might have to be a “docker” this year and make it last the season!!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    You guys do not have a very good memory.  Gas is always cheap over the winter.  Gas prices always start to rise in March/April, and they always peak in late May.  We always complain and say we can't afford to go boating.  And we always go boating anyway.   :)
  • Options
    I burn about 200 litres per hour (mostly on plane). I average 30-40 hours per season. Money is set aside and ready to burn - pun intended!
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    why we allow this people to increase the cost of our life
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Historically, prices always start to rise in March-April.  Fuel is always cheapest in January, and there's always a price hike of around 15% that lasts all the way through boating season.  

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oscar1 said:
    why we allow this people to increase the cost of our life
    So stop buying gas....
  • Options
    The details of this conversation change from year to year.  This year, people mention Ukraine.  In past years it was the pandemic, the Great Recession, the Gulf Wars, hurricanes, refinery fires, yada yada yada.  Boaters go boating! 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was $1,000.00 CDN (or more) to fill-up my EC 360 with 90 marine. That would last a weekend at 35 mph. That's life. 
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @oscar1. Crude oil is a global commodity. Futures investors drive the price more than demand does.  

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    I already cancelled my RV trip. Sorry @trip_n
  • Options
    The only thing that will lower high prices is high prices
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Quote:  In past years it was the pandemic, the Great Recession, the Gulf Wars, hurricanes, refinery fires, yada yada yada.  Boaters go boating! 

Yes we are not staying home. Some of you have vessel view. And have data giving you optimal cruse speed vs miles per gallon. It may be helpful to others if you share the info with others. On your size boat. 

Here is example J3ff gave us on 270 with 383

As you can see his best scenario is 3500 rpm
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Yeah but @J3ff 's boat is always broken so not a good comparo.
  • Options
     2.32 mpg ... okay, now you're just showing off.   :)

Whatever the price of fuel, we should all do what's needed to maximize that MPG figure, right?  Smooth hull, fresh oil, well-maintained engine.  Go slow when it makes sense.  And enjoy every second of it.  
  • Options
    Carry less fuel! Easiest way to increase mpg. 
  • Options
    @YYZRC Great point.  At 6.3 pounds per gallon, I don't carry more than half a tank unless I'm taking a long trip.