Options

Fuel Prices

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never seen a Brink's truck follow a hearse yet....spend 'er Handy!
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    Never seen a Brink's truck follow a hearse yet....spend 'er Handy!
    That's because all the Brinks trucks are parked at the Marinas
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Diesel 5.50 here 
  • Options
    I guess that no one on here cares one iota about fuel prices
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,466 admin
    @Handymans342 what is an "iota"?
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭
    @raybo3 it is half of a smidge. 
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    @Handymans342 what is an "iota"?
    Stop it Ray. I mean it's like no one cares about fuel costs. What if it was 20$ a gallon???? Would you still buy it?? Come on man!!!
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Our diesel is going up to $8.30 CDN per gallon tonight. Those make $200+ fills at the pumps for a Ram 1500.  My son has a 1500 that is parked weekdays and runs his 2003 Honda Monday to Friday back and forth to work. 
  • Options
    I am trying to find out what the limit is here per gallon. Most guys on here are well off financially and can afford a huge increase in fuel costs but this is bound to effect sales of used and new boots, trucks, RVs, etc 
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 2 hour drive to/from the marina on top of the cost of fuel for the boat. It is what it is.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    YYZRC said:
    I have a 2 hour drive to/from the marina on top of the cost of fuel for the boat. It is what it is.
    You have to have some limit
  • Options
    I will probably go to a cheaper all-inclusive next winter. Too much time and money invested in the boat to not enjoy it. Don’t you feel the same about your RV?
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gas $4 Diesel $5 get use to it. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    randy56 said:
    gas $4 Diesel $5 get use to it. 
    We can get used to that price but it won't stop and where else do cut back on? We are going to a major recession that could have been avoided but it seems like most guys on here don't care
  • Options
    Not sure what we can do, at least until the next election.
  • Options
    YYZRC said:
    Stop using fuel!
  • Options
    YYZRC said:
    Stop using fuel!
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What in the world does the next election have to do with fuel prices? We have a booming economy we are paying more for everything...8 million jobs added..go back to 2 buck gas with a crushed economy and an admistration that add 7 trillion to the debt if you like- 
  • Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭
    There was another post about boat budgets and in mine about 15% is for fuel. Which even at todays prices will allow me to do an extended 16 day cruise up into Georgian Bay and some local anchorage trips this season. If the cost of fuel becomes a problem for me I would sell the boat.
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    Got gas in Ohio the other day. It's typically about .40 cheaper over there. Paid 3.79 and diesel was 4.99. Last year we only put 2 hours on our boat due to the cone clutch so we may just be hanging at the dock again this year.
  • Options
    rasbury said:
    What in the world does the next election have to do with fuel prices? We have a booming economy we are paying more for everything...8 million jobs added..go back to 2 buck gas with a crushed economy and an admistration that add 7 trillion to the debt if you like- 
    Ras, the 8 million jobs were just people getting back to work after the economy shut down and I believe we are headed for a huge recession because these high prices can not stand very long and the majority of people can not afford things. Perhaps we could have had at least 3 dollar gas if our energy wasn't shut down and I believe the government has spent 5 trillion more at least since January 2021. 
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Over the last 2 years I have been conditioned to go to work and come home, limit socializing avoid gatherings. Being a bit of an introvert, this was not a big deal for me as I am content being around home. I had to watch expenses very closely in that first 8 months, and as thing improved with the business I continued with the practice. Everything is up 30% but since my lifestyle was forced to change I am ahead of the game. Dining out now is a joke...2 people, appetizer, main, dessert, with a drink, tax and tip is easily over $150. That does not sit well for my wife and I.  The change in lifestyle will certainly cover the increased fuel cost for boating and a road trip this summer.  What blows me away is that there is little change in traffic and the restaurants are busy. Rents are high(average $2000/mth for a 2 bedroom apartment) and our vacancy rate is 1% in the city.  There seems to be a lot of money out there all of a sudden. Remember how we all thought there would be a ton of used boats on the market in 2021?  Well that didn't happen,  and no sign of recreation vehicles  sales slowing down.  Just finished my home brew coffee(no more drive through coffee) and off to work I go :). Enjoy your day everyone.
  • Options
    laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    Set out prices in Cleveland today at the pumps on the river 
    90 non ethanol- $4.23
    Diesel -$4.99
  • Options
    Right now diesel is $4.70 wholesale a gallon which means $5.70 a gallon soon. Just sayin
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,573 mod
    So, after reading what halifax said, I too eat out a lot less.  And when we do, we look for good deals (we always have, but just eat out less).  

Handy, I am teetering about making our July boat trip down to VA beach because of fuel prices and the rise of transient slips for that trip.  We will burn about 500 gallons for that entire trip.  We have the money, but is it really worth that?  My limit for that is 5/gal on the water.  The transients slips at Rudee's inlet went from $2/ft the last time I was there (unfortunately it's been like 4 or 5 years - last time I tried I took out my outdrive) to now $4/ft.  So that is a lot too.

We changed our 4 day trip 2 weeks ago over Easter.  We had planned to go to the Hyatt in Cambridge.  Probably would've burned 150 gallons, but that was ok.  The stinking transient rate was $4/ft, but then they also jacked up costs for electric and then another high surcharge.  3 nights for me was $644!!  Crazy!!  Instead we hit two local marinas and got some cheap fuel, staying transient at a place my son works at.

So, yes it is changing a little for me, but we are still on the boat every single weekend.  My issue is how much I'm losing in the stinking stock market, not that is a different story!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    Stop using fuel!
    I am looking forward to being on my death bed and saying " I really showed them by not using fuel or boating back in 2022!"
    Some things in life you cant change and you just do what is needed to get through. Enjoy every minute. Handy if not using fuel is your thing then have at it as I plan on using my fare share again this year.
  • Options
    I have a few RV friends that have 45 foot diesel pushers who live in their RV full time. They get 8 mpg and have told me they will not be moving as much this year. I have twin grandbabies arriving around the end of August and wanted to tow my RV down to Florida to see the babies but that would cost as much as renting a house so won't be using the RV at all this year. I truly believe that our current administration has done everything possible to drive up the cost of energy so we won't use as much. 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We bagged our long boat trip for this summer. Planned go up in to Lake Huron again and the group met and decided plenty of things to do closer to home this summer. I’m not convinced that these prices are here to stay…. Everyone said that during the last spike and it was short lived…. But anything is possible. If so we will keep on boating just plan differently.
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    As you can see, diesel is up to almost 5$ a gallon 
This discussion has been closed.