Options

Fuel Prices

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure rising cost, not only fuel. Will detour people from taking summer vacations.  Young couple's with children, will have to be creative in there entertainment. Planning better. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are a victim of our own success sometimes. It is cyclical is it not ? These companies can make bank exporting gas, where else in the world is gas still cheaper than here, for the most part? Natural gas also, going out of country. And if I hear the shut down of the XL pipeline is the culprit..the war in Ukraine is not helping here either. 
    It will pass and f putin.
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭✭
    The only place I ever saw gas cheaper than here during my years of global travel was Venezuela. Govt subsidizing, $2 to fill your tank no matter what vehicle. Now I am not sure, that country is in a mess. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Ian said:
    The only place I ever saw gas cheaper than here during my years of global travel was Venezuela. Govt subsidizing, $2 to fill your tank no matter what vehicle. Now I am not sure, that country is in a mess. 
    I believe a lot of our fuel now comes from Venezuela….
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 885 ✭✭✭
    I remember hearing several years ago that Citgo gas was from Venezuela.
  • Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    $2.50 CAD per litre diesel up here this morning converts to $7.39 USD per gallon.

https://usgas.ca/us

Mark
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    Spyderweb said:
    I think BP also.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mvn said:
    $2.50 CAD per litre diesel up here this morning converts to $7.39 USD per gallon.

https://usgas.ca/us

Mark
    This is getting out of control 
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭
    Filled my Duramax diesel this morn for $260 CDN. (on a reserve - would have been another $50 in town)

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    mattie said:
    Filled my Duramax diesel this morn for $260 CDN. (on a reserve - would have been another $50 in town)

So when is too much that you park it???
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭
    So when is too much that you park it???
    Psssssshh. Lol.
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    Spyderweb said:
    Yes. However it is owned by the VZ Govt and why I will not buy from CITGO.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 885 ✭✭✭
    @Ian I stopped buying from Citgo back then too even though it was cheaper than the other brands.
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭✭✭

2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭
    Same at Lefroy Harbour, waiting to see the price across the lake at Keswick Pioneer Station fuel dock opening May 15. 
  • Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    Using that handy-dandy price calculator, that's $5.77/gal US!!
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made a trip to Kentucky gas was $3.65 per gallon. There state sales tax on gas is low, is the reason. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
  • Options
    So I will assume that everyone on here is very well off and could care less how much fuel costs
  • Options
    I paid $4.30 yesterday, 91 octane ethanol free and got 90 gallons. Saw the delivery invoice and they are making very little.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    edited May 2022
    So I will assume that everyone on here is very well off and could care less how much fuel costs

I don’t know why my reply is in the quote, but…

I’m not rolling in the dough but I want to use my boat. I’ll cut back on other things or accept more contract work outside of my normal pay. Every season this topic comes up…. I do agree that this season is going to be a lot more expensive than normal but again, I want to use my boat.
    Post edited by aero3113 on
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people start off ok and aren't broke until they sell the boat.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,466 admin
    @Handymans342 what are we supposed to do not live our lives? We have to budget for it and maybe give something up or do things a little less. It is what it is and like everything it will come around.... Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez.....can you imagine filling-up an EC 360 with twin 502s? Back in 2016 it cost ne $1,100.00 CDN and I could burn most of that in a day at 3500 RPM. I used to budget $25,000.00 per season for gas - can not imagine what it would be now? As Steve says "it's depressing to say the least"....still as Rinker ads used to say "time on the water with family is well spent."
  • Options
    Michael T said:
    Geez.....can you imagine filling-up an EC 360 with twin 502s? Back in 2016 it cost ne $1,100.00 CDN and I could burn most of that in a day at 3500 RPM. I used to budget $25,000.00 per season for gas - can not imagine what it would be now? As Steve says "it's depressing to say the least"....still as Rinker ads used to say "time on the water with family is well spent."
    25g!!! That's what I budget for food!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,573 mod
    I'm with everyone else, you have the boat, you gotta use it!  We are big time savers on everything possible, but we splurge on boating.  Heck, how many people can say their wife and kids (who are now young adults) have tracfones?  Mine is supplied by work, otherwise I would too.  It saves enough for another tank of fuel! :wink:  (although I am thinking of moving admiral over to that deal someone on here mentioned for $25/mo as long as I get hotspot).  I guess the point is, almost all of us are saving up to spend that precious time on the boat.  Handy, you definitely should still use that RV.  Just go on shorter trips.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    I'm with everyone else, you have the boat, you gotta use it!  We are big time savers on everything possible, but we splurge on boating.  Heck, how many people can say their wife and kids (who are now young adults) have tracfones?  Mine is supplied by work, otherwise I would too.  It saves enough for another tank of fuel! :wink:  (although I am thinking of moving admiral over to that deal someone on here mentioned for $25/mo as long as I get hotspot).  I guess the point is, almost all of us are saving up to spend that precious time on the boat.  Handy, you definitely should still use that RV.  Just go on shorter trips.
    2.5 years till retirement, then we will be traveling a lot. Hopefully things will be better then. 
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭
    $150 to fill up today 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone want to guess how many fishermen I know that get a boat, pay for dockage, maintenance, winterization (and storage), insurance, etc ... and then don't have enough money to pay for the gas?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    MarkB said:
    Does anyone want to guess how many fishermen I know that get a boat, pay for dockage, maintenance, winterization (and storage), insurance, etc ... and then don't have enough money to pay for the gas?
    They must be awfully expensive fish
This discussion has been closed.