Pic Of The Day

Comments

• 69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
  • 69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice went out last week. Docks aren't even in yet at the ramp. Watched while these guys bobbed around on the trolling motor while trying to see why the motor wasn't pumping water. Any bets they didn't run it on muffs before dumping it in the lake? 😆
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes we do like coffee in the NW 🤣. Have my double shot and a cup of coffee. Day 3 of fishing

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    chilling on the boat with my wife and daughter, having a drink and actually coloring in a color book. She is home from College for the weekend.  It's been fantastic!  And the boat sounds great!  I had alignment done, along with several other things such as new manifolds, gimbal bearing, trim and temp sensors, hoses and more. The boat is great!! All will be complete when my son shows up after work tonight. Gonna anchor out tomorrow and do some grilling! Oh, one more thing. My wife makes some great chili.  We are having it in a crockpot after cooking all day.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome -- tell them we said hello!  Also tell Tiki Dude we miss him.
    Yes, friki tiki dude is very happy! He's our 3rd child that's always happy!

For those who didn't catch it ...

A better shot...

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Reminds me of Jobu...lol
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 2 hours in the pool, this 9 month old was done for the day! 
  • halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    Ice went out last week. Docks aren't even in yet at the ramp. Watched while these guys bobbed around on the trolling motor while trying to see why the motor wasn't pumping water. Any bets they didn't run it on muffs before dumping it in the lake? 😆
    I always cringe when I see these stories of people on the water shortly after the lakes open up. Every year in NS cold waters claim lives of people in small boats going fishing before the season officially opens up. I read this yesterday and in this mornings news I see it again.

2 men dead after boat overturns on remote Digby County lake

I read down and the cause is very common:

Three men had been fishing in a 12-foot aluminum boat and started having problems with the motor. When they tried to fix the problem, the boat overturned and the men ended up in the water.

They were wearing PFD's but the water is only a degree or 2 at best(34F). 
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They say youth is wasted on the young and with age comes wisdom. I learned my lesson many years ago when I threw my 14' tin can in the lake and fired up the 9.9 Merc that had been sitting dry in the shed all winter. Fired right up as it always did, and yes, the pisser was pissing. Took off down the lake but only made it a half a mile when the engine revved up for a second and then locked solid. The impeller had taken a set and when I jerked the cord the tips broke off and once under way a chunk made it's way into the inlet tube with inevitable results. Thought about how stupid I was as I rowed all the way back to the dock.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
    Last weekend my wife and I were cruising slowly on a local river. Went pass a young couple in 2 kayaks.  I said to her, it's not warm enough to have your shirt off and no life jacket on.  I didn't motor too far as I looked back once in a while to see how they were doing.  It didn't help that is was also very windy. Well, he tipped over and the girlfriend has no idea what to do.  When I got to him he was getting tired and cold. We got him onboard and dried off and emptied the kayak.  Luckily we were there.  The water was 44 degrees.

• halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Wow, good on you keeping an eye out and assisting. You always know in your gut when something is not quite right and sure enough keeping them in your sights you kept a bad situation from getting worse. This early in the season there is also not the traffic out there to come help. Thumbs up @Dream_Inn
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭

2000 Captiva 232 
  • TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭
    When I was in the CG Auxiliary I'll always remember our cold weather training and the 1-10-1 "rule".

1: You have 1 minute to get your bearings after you fall in - and it's the most critical because when your body hits the cold water you have a natural reaction to take a breath called "cold shock" - which could be very bad.

10: You have about 10 minutes before you lose function of your hands, fingers, legs, etc. when you still might be able to self-rescue yourself.

1: And finally you have 1 hour until you become unconscious and hypothermia sets in.

• PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    You suck @J3ff...i have right at 3 mos til I'm there.  

Got a 20 footer CC waiting on me.  
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice family pic
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wind has been brutal this weekend down here in FL. Didn't even take the boat out...but Happy Easter!!

• mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭
    So, here's a weird pic of the day.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get my second shot Thursday. Thing's in the states are open. I went to a restraunt today for lunch. No one had on a mask. I wore mine in, but after seated removed it. The patrons did not nor staff had on a mask. 

Is Canada really at leval 4 ? Are you guy's getting the vaccine? 

Boat Name : 

• YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Canada is the worst with Covid. Everyone else is opening up and Ontario is going into a four week lockdown. Wtf
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow! Just looking at some graphs and Canada is severely spiking, would not have expected that. Atleast you have pizza pops and ketchup chips to eat while locked down, yum!!!
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had too few infections all summer last year and now we are paying the price. Herd immunity up here will happen in 2025. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alswagg said:
    If you ever come to visit our shop, Miss Ellie will be sure to greet you 
    We love your dog Al
    Fun with the pressure washer.