Pic Of The Day

Comments

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Here's a photo of the day. Yesterday we had a wild fire about 5kms from my house. We were just below the path but were evacuated last night around 8:00 and left for my mother's house in the city. Back in my old room 40 years later....ugh. Left the Rinker behind along with the Crossfire. Had an hour or so to pack up belongings awaiting the call to get out if needed. Big rural subdivisions outside Halifax carved out of the woods therefor lots of fuel for the fire. The wind has shifted to the North this morning with wind gusts at 40kph. We will see what today brings. 
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Best of luck @halifax212.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Wow, oh my. Mother nature is **** off.
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    praying your all safe 
  • oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 729 ✭✭✭
    Very scary situation for you and your family. Be safe 
    House should be fine, but it will be a few more days before we can return.  There is so much community support as well as provincial government support it’s almost unbelievable.  Lots of good people here.   Off to a friends place for the night. 
    Glad to hear all is good @halifax212
    2008 330EC
    Nice..what we live for.
  • mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭
    Took this pic at lunch walkin' pupster.
    Rinker on the go....

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
    @halifax212 we’re actually getting the smoke on the north eastern parts of Long Island today from Nova Scotia. I got worried because of the smell and visible smoke haze in the air then found out where it was coming from.
    2008 330EC
    @aero3113  Wow  that's crazy, there is a huge fire located SW Nova Scotia causing that. The winds were blowing some of that smoke directly over Halifax today as well. They had to pull resources from that fire to combat the fires outside of Halifax due to the population and properties at risk. I watched a small fire start up today that went from "I see smoke" to an evacuation order within 45 minutes. It's not over yet, and I have not been allowed to return home. All access to woodlands and burning are restricted. 
  • SimcoeRinker400SimcoeRinker400 Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    @aero3113  Wow  that's crazy, there is a huge fire located SW Nova Scotia causing that. The winds were blowing some of that smoke directly over Halifax today as well. They had to pull resources from that fire to combat the fires outside of Halifax due to the population and properties at risk. I watched a small fire start up today that went from "I see smoke" to an evacuation order within 45 minutes. It's not over yet, and I have not been allowed to return home. All access to woodlands and burning are restricted. 
    Hang in there halifax212.  hope your house is ok.  Crazy that Nova Scotia is dealing with this as you guys had good rainfall not that long ago with chilly weather.  My daughter lives in the Moncton area so it will be interesting to see if there are more fires that flair up there.  
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
    2023 Seadoo Spark Trixx x 2
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful start to the weekend. 

2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    Driveway boating today 🍺
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Great moon tonight!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

About all my "boating" the last couple of years has been "driveway " boating...and tinkering. I did finally get all the fuel out so, maybe, I'll be able to get back in the water. Had a run in with the city having it parked on the street- have no way to get it on the side yard or back. I need to put some clean fuel in and pump that out and give it a try. The admiral gave me the ok to get Breanna on the boat with proper inflatable vest- which we should probably have on the kids anyway. It looks like those are pretty comfortable to wear. The st John's river where we boat is curvy and narrow with blind bends. Not that there are a lot of accidents and most time of the year not much traffic. Breanna is disabled is the concern. I think I start a new job next week after 5 months off so I kind of missed the opportunity to at least get the boat out and run it- glad to see all the pictures of you all on the water with short season!

• PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    For some reason the admiral didn't want to stay in the nice bed with air conditioning and a head.  Instead we pitched a tent on the beach.  A sandy beach .  With two dogs.  Then complained about sand in the bed. We finished getting the tent up last night about 11.   the new genkins Genny with electric start works great.  No more recoil starts for me.  Plenty of power for the air conditioner. I ran the reverse cycle heat this morning which uses more amps than the cooling cycle.
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    This is the pic of the day from yesterday. Spent 8 hours on this boat yesterday. Mechanical started at 9am which included a sea trial and oil samples from both engines, transmissions and generator. Everything in this engine room was removed in 2016 and replaced.... EVERYTHING 😀. We then went out across the Puget sound to the haul out and did below the water line survey. What a long day 😩

Still a little on the fence for what is mostly cosmetic but I need to get some more advice. 

1997 Bayliner 3988
    It ain't a rinker......lol....good luck,  looks awesome. Look forward to more pictures!
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will not be hard to spend a week on that one. Noticed long pants and shirts, it's in the 90's here.
    Boat Name : 

It was warm enough for shorts and t-shirts but that's what we had on was pants. This is the boat owner driving and my wife on the right. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭
    @Aqua_Aura, what make of boat are you looking at? It looks  very similar to a Tollycraft.
    edited June 2023
    It is very similar, It's a Hershine 42. We have been on many Tollycraft since they used to be built in my town, very popular here. The Taiwan built boats like this Hershine have lots of wood on the interiors which we like. This one had everything replaced in the engine room. 

New fuel tanks
    Reconditioned Cummins 6BT 130hrs currently 
    New transmissions
    Reconditioned Northern Lights generator
    New waste tank and plumbing
    New compressor
    New prop shafts
    New charger
    New diesel heater
    All fuel plumbing and electrical wiring

The receipts added up to 200k it was an insurance claim for a "small fire" in 2016 
    Post edited by Aqua_Aura on
    1997 Bayliner 3988
    200 k in new equipment has a lot of value, hard to pass up. We know he will not any more than market value of the boat. What year is it?
    Boat Name : 

edited June 2023
    1986 it needs some cosmetic stuff on the outside done such as canvas and some gel coat repair but she's a real find with everything inside so well cared for. 

Last summer we looked at a 50 Ocean Alexander with new engines and we couldn't move forward as we still had our boat and it was a little spendy. It seemed like a bit of a blessing to find this boat with all the new hard to change stuff done 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
    Was going to guess mid 80's It does look well cared for. That guy was proud of his boat. Some people should not own one, the way they treat them.
    Boat Name : 

• johnny44johnny44 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    randy56 said:
    Some people should not own one, the way they treat them.
    Who among us hasn’t thought or said the same thing??
    Can I hear an Amen?!

2008 350 EC -- Greenwich Bay, Rhode Island