Options

NHL hockey thread

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,464 admin
    LaRea said:
    raybo3 said:
    ... Marchand hasn't been in trouble with the league for about 4 or 5 years. 
    I had to chuckle when Marchand got two minutes for punching Dowd in the balls.  :)
    So are you talking about when Dillon was trying to rip his head off or when Hathaway was driving his knee into his kidneys.....lol IMO the Cap's are a big talented team its too bad they revert to WWE tactic's and Wilson diving like Thornton Melon.....LOL
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,573 mod
    raybo3 said:
    LaRea said:
    raybo3 said:
    ... Marchand hasn't been in trouble with the league for about 4 or 5 years. 
    I had to chuckle when Marchand got two minutes for punching Dowd in the balls.  :)
    So are you talking about when Dillon was trying to rip his head off or when Hathaway was driving his knee into his kidneys.....lol IMO the Cap's are a big talented team its too bad they revert to WWE tactic's and Wilson diving like Thornton Melon.....LOL
    you both sound like parents at a kids hockey game!  (my kid just got knocked down) Geez, it's professional hockey, there's gonna be some love taps!! :smiley:

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Totally agree DI but driving someones head into the glass and putting him out for half a season is a little more than a love tap. BTW it was handy that started throwing jabs here not me.... Bahahahahahaha
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,585 mod
    The blown call on Wilson for diving was ridiculous, but the Thornton Melon reference is hilarious!

Back To School Summer GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

@raybo3 will there be a lot of fans at the Garden?  I bet that place is gonna be rockin'.  DC is reopening most businesses this week for fully vaxxed people, but I don't know if they'll sell more tickets for Game 5.  
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LaRea. it’s time to leave your bunker man!
  • Options
    The Caps will be sunning in the Bahamas before I get my "fully vaxxed" status.  (I'm getting my second shot tomorrow, so two more weeks of masking for me.) 
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Are the Bahamas open for Americans(or people living in/coming from America)?  

I look for the pens to rebound and win tonight but they still lose the series to the Isles in game 5
  • Options
    Anybody can get into the Bahamas if they bring wallets like pro hockey players.  
  • Options
    @LaRea the Garden will have 25% capacity. Our restrictions will be lifted on the 29th.
  • Options
    Speaking of audiences, Q for you guys who have time on ice flinging pucks and giving hits.  Your thoughts on the importance of fans in the stands?  @PickleRick

Does it add intensity for them, or is it background noise?  In the few times I've been on big stages as a musician, I was acutely aware of the crowd.  What about pro hockey players?  
  • Options
    I think the crowd intensifies things a bit.  

The best games I've played from a goal output were usually done with no crowds.  Late night weekday adult games usually won't draw fans.  One game we had 4 skaters show including me and a goalie. 

The other team offered a forfeit and we declined.  I don't remember the final score but we won with me netting 5 of our goals.  The only proof I had other than the players on the ice were stats published in the local news paper the following weekend.  

• Options
    I think the players feed off of the fans and it helps with intensity. However it could also have an adverse effect in pumping up someone and causing a mistake or to take a dumb penalty because of adrenaline. 
  • Options
    I hear Brett Hull always got a warm cheer any time he touched the puck in Canada
  • Options
    Ok Ok I digress, after giving this some thought I have blamed the entire Caps team for the action of that dirt bag Wilson. Fact of the matter is its only Wilson that is a cheap shot artist who is only trying to hurt people. I do not consider pushing and shoving while in a scrum dirty. That is the heat of the moment. But Wilson banging peoples heads off the glass or the ice is not part of the game. Now with that said I put the tag of the dirtiest team in the league on the Blues............ God I love this forum....LOL
  • Options
    @raybo3 You know nothing bro. Too many dead brain cells. 
  • Options
    According to the New York Times: 

(1) every team in the league hates Wilson,
    (2) every team in the league would grab Wilson instantly if he was available, and
    (3) Wilson won't be available because the Caps love his character, leadership and productivity.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/14/sports/hockey/nhl-capitals-tom-wilson.html
  • Options
    @raybo3 You know nothing bro. Too many dead brain cells. 
    You should know what I forgot
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    According to the New York Times: 

(1) every team in the league hates Wilson,
    (2) every team in the league would grab Wilson instantly if he was available, and
    (3) Wilson won't be available because the Caps love his character, leadership and productivity.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/14/sports/hockey/nhl-capitals-tom-wilson.html
    Screw the NY Times. I don't want Wilson. He is going to end up getting someone on his team killed from retaliation 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Sullivan wouldn't want Wilson in Pitt. Hextal would, he's a flyer.  The frustrating thing about Wilson is he's a legit top 6 forward on any team.  The bad part is he likes to play like a 4th line goon. 

• Options
    Leafs v. Habs.  Thoughts on Toronto's margin of victory?  
  • Options
    Leafs in 5
  • Options
    Well the Caps are done
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,573 mod
    Well the Caps are done
    I give it one more game to see if they have much improvement.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Why did 2 caps defensemen hit chara before the start of last night's game? It was completely avoidable? 

Then Ovi going ape over either Schultz or the goalie who just came back from disciplinary time off the ice followed by breaking the covid 19 protocal?

Pens lose this one tonight, it will be close but pents don't have the physical force to battle the Isles nor the speed to make more physical teams chase them all game.  I miss the 2016 pens.
  • Options
    Anyone see that hit on John Taveres???
  • Options
    Yeah it looked like an accident. Tavares was one hurting puppy
  • Options
    Yeah, that was scary.  They are saying he's out indefinitely.

Caps goalie Samsonov ought to be slapped for losing that game.  What a rookie mistake.

Why is it that goalies always feel the need to leave the net and touch the puck every time it comes near them?  In that case, it was totally unnecessary, and it cost them a playoff loss.  Caps goalies seem to do it every game.  My wife is constantly yelling "STAY IN THE FREAKING NET!!" 
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    If it was Wilson you would be all over it. 
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    No Handy you just don't get it. There was no intent there what so ever. When dirt bag is on the ice he has nothing but intent to hurt someone. Accidental hits happen all the time. Dirt bag W gloats when he hurts someone. Big difference here.
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    raybo3 said:
    No Handy you just don't get it. There was no intent there what so ever. When dirt bag is on the ice he has nothing but intent to hurt someone. Accidental hits happen all the time. Dirt bag W gloats when he hurts someone. Big difference here.
    You rarely watch Wilson