Options

NHL hockey thread

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,587 mod
    The Caps looked like an average team, playing another average team.  Their playoff run will be short if those guys don't obtain some health this week.  
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the playoff structure????
  • Options
    Rounds 1 and 2 are within the divisions.  1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3, then the winners play each other.  

Rounds 3 and 4 are between divisions.  1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3, seeded by regular season point totals.

The East will probably start this weekend, so no extended rest for the Caps.
  • Options
    In the East, the Bruins will beat the Caps in six, Pens over Isles in five.  Then the Pens beat the Bruins in seven.  But the Pens will be the #4 seed in Round 3.  
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,464 admin
    Ah @LaRea Pens will not beat the B's..lol
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Home ice means nothing with empty stadiums
  • Options
    Useless Stat of the Day:  The Penguins won more home games this year than the combined total for the Sabres, Ducks and Devils.  

OTOH, the Caps have the best away record in the league.
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Pens dont have an empty stadium.  They have about 4000 in the stands, have for a good couple months now.  

Carter just came from LA and was excited to play in front of a crowd again.  

Pens have a week off to get healthy.  I hope it doesn't take them 3 games to shake off the dust.

Get your shot, wear your mask...whatever it takes to make you feel comfortable enough to head over to PPG arena, buy some scalped tickets.  Drink lots of draft beer and eat some greasy stadium food.  Shoot some craps or hit the slot machines before you leave.
  • Options
    @raybo3 I'm looking forward to tonight's game with BOS, but I bet the Caps wish they could just forfeit.  
  • Options
    Both teams wish that
  • Options
    No one wants to lose to a team you're likely to play in the playoffs first round to end the season
  • Options
    Caps and Bruins will have four days to get healthed-up.  Game 1 Saturday at 7:15 PM.
  • Options
    Caps would win this series if they play Craig Anderson
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Well, the good news for everyone is the weather should be warm here, when one of your American teams comes plays the Leafs in Toronto for the Stanley Cup.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    When will the North be finished?  Canucks still have six more games to play!
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    @raybo3 I'm looking forward to tonight's game with BOS, but I bet the Caps wish they could just forfeit.  
    Should be a prelude for the playoffs. Should be a good series. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Just heard on the radio that mostly scrubeanies are playing for both sides tonight. So it will be minor league Hockey at its best....LOL
  • Options
    Exhibition game.  The old guys need their beauty rest.  
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    Just heard on the radio that mostly scrubeanies are playing for both sides tonight. So it will be minor league Hockey at its best....LOL
    Which might actually be fun to watch, because you have guys fighting for their chance in the spotlight!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    The wee B's played a solid game.  If nothing else, it was an impressive display of bench depth.  

And now we wait.  
  • Options
    Penguins will allow 50% capacity for games for playoffs.  That's going to be quite the home ice advantage.

Any word on the injury to Wilson last night?
  • Options
    Naw, local media have been tight-lipped about injury status.  DC is starting to open up, but they haven't published a plan for playoff home games. 

North America hockey fans have some pent-up screaming that needs to be let out!
  • Options
    That they do.  I think Texas had the first full capacity baseball game a good month ago.  I'm looking forward to college football this fall...exept for the Clemson fans.

Wilson took a bad hit. I don't like the guy but hope hes ok.  If he misses the playoffs I wont mind much but hope he's ok
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    So Wilson gets a big hit which knocks him out and everyone is quiet????
  • Options
    Maryland is opening restaurants and entertainment/sports venues at full capacity this weekend.  Maybe DC will follow suit.  

I won't have my "2 shots + 2 weeks" status until the start of Round 2.  According to my playoff prediction, the Caps will be sunning in the Bahamas by then.  
  • Options
    So Wilson gets a big hit which knocks him out and everyone is quiet????
    Nobody cares about dirty player that is only on the ice to hurt people. 
  • Options
    I don't want to see Wilson get seriously hurt, its scary to be on the ice and see another player unable to leave on his own feet.

What I do want to see is Wilson get knocked out cold by another player in a fair fight.  

• Options
    So Wilson got knocked out by a dirty team BRUINS?????
  • Options
    Good thing it was Philly cause I would have been on the first flight to Boston!!!
  • Options
    F--- Wilson