Options

Virus

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    We are "essential" but I can tell you 95% of customers were not buying essential items. They are just bored at home and had nothing better to do. But as of this past Sunday no one allowed into the store. Phone or online orders only and either delivery or outside pick up. Should hear the howling because they can't come in and pick paint colours for the precious reno they decided to tackle while off. While putting us in danger. I just laugh at them.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    Ditto...I'm esential selling vehicles! 
    Which brand do you sell?
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ford, wanna buy one?
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Bus transit reduced to half . The drivers were concerned and I believe some seats are taped off to ensure the 6 foot rule. Thumbs up for anyone that keeps the city running during a crisis.   People are adjusting to the new rules a bit more every day. Just think how good it's going to feel when we can socialize once again....you don't know what you've got until it's gone. 
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see what the new normal will be...
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    Ford, wanna buy one?
    Yes!! Looking for a F250 diesel. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    Ford, wanna buy one?
    I will in 2.5 years... when my Honda lease is up. Need a truck, hopefully one that drives by itself by then :) (Like the Honda does now)
  • Options
    We're kind of in the new normal it seems. Large public gatherings really can't happen for a LONG time... I can tell you one thing, dating has totally cut off here for me. I've got one on the hook but it's hard for both of us to not go anywhere public..! 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    A little reminder.  The "curve" will peak, and deaths will decline by June-ish.  America will declare victory.  At that point, something like 95% of Americans will not have immunity.  What do you think will happen then.  
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    I feel for those that have to work in public. I'm lucky in that I have been working from home for the last 4+ years so not much change for me except sitting home on weekends but now that the boat is home I can spend my weekends working on it.
  • Options
    Somehow the flow has to stop coming out of China...who knows what that solution is...
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @raybo3 keep the trains moving and be safe I feel for everyone that's put in a position because of the work they do... stay safe and be careful.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    rasbury said:
    Somehow the flow has to stop coming out of China...who knows what that solution is...
    The flow of what?    
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    the flow of everything from there 
  • Options
    You mean the virus?
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    I reopened this to give some info at my work. As many of you know I work for public transportation (MBTA) in Boston. Everyone in the news media is giving thanks for first responders and medical personal. Now not to take anything away from them because they truly deserve all the credit they are getting and God bless them for what they do. However the public transportation workers are taking a beating. I mean a real beating. Many many of them have contacted the virus. We are only supposed to be open to transport first responder workers but that is not happening. Please keep public transportation in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you everyone and please stay safe!!!!!!  
    I am a Locomotive Engineer as well and have been operating trains in/out of Penn Station since this all started. I am amazed at how many “non-essential” commuters are still on the trains. I’m not too happy about going into NYC everyday. Takes me an extra 15 minutes to disinfect my locomotive when I report in morning too.  Be safe out there Ray(and everyone else too)...  
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thanks to all doing their job. While my role is not essential, our business is classed as (I work for a large multinational) and my 76 field engineers are out there, many in medical facilities keeping them operating and converting rooms to negative pressure to suck the bad stuff from the room instead of pushing out into everywhere. I am going to my office each day to show support for them and others and the only one there except seeing  a tech now and then, Mike the UPS guy and Joe the USPS guy and the occasional FedEx bloke - they keep coming and delivering masks and sanitizer for the team.

The company recently instituted a 2 week unpaid leave (1 week April, 1 in May) for indirect labor (overhead like me) and 1 week for direct in an effort to mitigate other more severe actions that many other companies and businesses have had to resort to. Great approach to save jobs where possible, our 27yo son had to layoff 60 odd people a few weeks ago as the restaurant business collapsed.

We’ll get through it, time and patience but in the meantime, thanks to all for what you are doing during this time.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SC has issued a work and home order.

You can still fish on your boat and play golf with 6 ft social distancing.

Today i spent 3 hrs working on a gocart.  

Im stoked im doing important essential work.

Im just happy to still be working and have job security. 

Lets open the keys so i can go down there and stimulate the economy with some cash.
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Looks like Sam and the crew knew how to handle things many years ago. 

https://youtu.be/ncc77oxnx5A
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    I reopened this to give some info at my work. As many of you know I work for public transportation (MBTA) in Boston. Everyone in the news media is giving thanks for first responders and medical personal. Now not to take anything away from them because they truly deserve all the credit they are getting and God bless them for what they do. However the public transportation workers are taking a beating. I mean a real beating. Many many of them have contacted the virus. We are only supposed to be open to transport first responder workers but that is not happening. Please keep public transportation in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you everyone and please stay safe!!!!!!  
    I am a Locomotive Engineer as well and have been operating trains in/out of Penn Station since this all started. I am amazed at how many “non-essential” commuters are still on the trains. I’m not too happy about going into NYC everyday. Takes me an extra 15 minutes to disinfect my locomotive when I report in morning too.  Be safe out there Ray(and everyone else too)...  
    Hopefully they are keeping the first 1 or 2 cars between you and the passengers empty?? I've seen that even when we aren't in a pandemic. 
  • Options
    SC has issued a work and home order.

You can still fish on your boat and play golf with 6 ft social distancing.

Today i spent 3 hrs working on a gocart.  

Im stoked im doing important essential work.

Im just happy to still be working and have job security. 

Lets open the keys so i can go down there and stimulate the economy with some cash.
    No no, you can come in a few months :) Kidding... but at this point I can't even sneak you in... my yellow re-entry sticker is no good anymore. They are checking each and every ID as people from Miami started to print their own and try to get in.. what is the ooint of this aside from trying to bring the infection to the Keys??

https://keysweekly.com/42/hundreds-of-fake-re-entry-stickers-nabbed-at-checkpoint/

At this point we are at the very start of the curve here.. Key Largo had 5 for a week and then in 24 hours went to 9... 
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    raybo3 said:
    Hopefully they are keeping the first 1 or 2 cars between you and the passengers empty?? I've seen that even when we aren't in a pandemic. 
    NEGATIVE... All cars open. I can’t even deadhead home separated from the public. We’re all just numbers but the “smoke and mirrors” used our governor/media is just pathetic. We are “hero’s moving hero’s” now... we’ll see what happens come contract time! Lol. I’m grateful to be bringing home a paycheck(my wife lost her job 2 weeks ago too) and I feel horrendous for those who are unemployed now too... but what is that paycheck REALLY going to cost me and my family?
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work @diggin2day1 !!!!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Great thinking @diggin2day1.  My wife is a nurse in the middle of all this and she definitely says the mask is very tough to wear 10-12 hours.  Thanks for helping them out!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Very cool Diggin - selfless acts are awesome.

assume that is your neck in the pic? Needs a trim.
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mattie said:

LoL! I couldn’t take how long my hair was getting and shaved it all off last week.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    shawnmjr said:
    aero3113 said:
    mattie said:

LoL! I couldn’t take how long my hair was getting and shaved it all off last week.
    I have clippers arriving today to attempt an at home haircut. 
    Did mine this morning in the garage. 3/8" on the sides, 5/8" on the back, 7/8" on the top.
    Wife gonna trim the neckline later  
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Lucky I am marred to a trained hairdresser (only customer for 30 years though) so gets cut when needed. She however needs to wait it out, I am not offering even under her guidance.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    I've been cutting my own hair with trimmers for many years now.  Before that, the admiral cut it.  Funny how this thread turned into this & funny how many use trimmers/clippers to do their own. :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express