Virus

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a fiction novel anyway
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    I heard a story on the radio this afternoon and it had some good news/bad news....it said it did not transfer as easily an the flu, but the mortality rate was 10x worse...but easier to contain. Who knows!

I just heard that on the news too last night ... harder to transfer, higher mortality ... I think they are comparing to the common flu though. The doctor I was speaking to I think was comparing to other more serious strains like SARS, H1NI, etc.  I think compared to SARS specifically, easier to get, but less potent.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but one that was written in 1981 and gets the name of the flu right and the year??? That is insane.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    MarkB said:

Yeah, but one that was written in 1981 and gets the name of the flu right and the year??? That is insane.
    I know. Crazy
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    California just declared a state of emergency after ONE death there. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind declaring the emergency probably allows them federal help to step up the hospitals, get test kits etc...
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Just had $3500 printing order cancelled due to the Boston Seafood trade show being cancelled. This is affecting everyone one way or another.
  • Options
    It is going to get before better...medical conference in Orlando cancelled...130 million impact to the local economy ..
  • Options
    This is crazy the panic
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nobody panicing in the keys. Aside from no hand sanitizer to be found can't even tell. 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    Shares of Royal Caribbean Cruises have lost half their value in six weeks.  Today's hot pick: buy Amazon.  Everyone will be too afraid to leave their homes.  
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree @LaRea.....just bought a new turntable, two Hi Fi cartridges, two headshells and a tone arm gram mass measurement scale. Doing may part to help the N.A. economy!

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you cannot buy a simple paper mask anywhere. I needed some for painting. The guy at Sherwin Williams said 3-M will not be sending any to store's, all production will be to the Medical feild. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    dalekdalek Member Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
    Official British Government advice.

• Options
    We had two couples that work in the dealership book cruises because they were so cheap...not to be paranoid, but I don't think that was a good move! Plus they are both older and not real healthy types...
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Beat Corona - drink Heineken!

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    edited March 2020
    If you get Corona and live to tell, I think you should get Corona for life!
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Ha! Like people ask me about Fosters an I tell them no one in Australia drinks it, we send to the US...

How are you feeling about your Italy trip @Handymans342? Putting off or wait and see?
    Post edited by Ian on

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    icoultha said:
    Ha! Like people ask me about Fosters n I tell them no one in Australia drinks it, we send to the US...

How are you feeling about your Italy trip @Handymans342? Putting off or wait and see?
    Thinking of canceling soon and booking an RV trip to Table Rock Lake, Nashville, Georgia Mountains etc 
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, it's time to stock the boat full of supplies for a month. Here we go. 
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    Well, all this media induced panic is possibly going to affect me, as a low seniority number, airline pilot.  I took a large, (supposed to be temporary) pay cut, to leave the corporate world and join the airline world. I used up all my savings to get here, and now may get furloughed. Yipeeeeee
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Hang in there @69fastback ..this is going to pass...
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @69fastback , hopefully the warmer weather coming in will help kick it and will be over quickly. I’m hoping this will bring more business to private aviation. I’m thinking more people and companies will want to travel in the confines of their own chartered aircraft. Our cleaning crew has really stepped up their cleaning process in the cabin.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We booked a flight months ago for a spring break to Florida. Flying March 22th. With Allegiant. I received a e-mail  from there CEO.

Quote:
    We understand your decision to travel at this time is personal and many factors are involved. If you would like to request a change to your travel plans at this time, you may do so without incurring a change fee. 

We are not changing our plan. The transportation systems will be effected as well as all business. In some way or another. 

No one want's or need's to be laid off. Keep calm and enjoy life. Stat's are saying only 2% die from it. That get it. We are going to die from something. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I still get aviation an airport publications from a prior life and the reality is that capacity is being reduced in many sectors and routes up until September. Like the market going down with the paranoia, travel is down. Are there risks - yes, just as there is when half the plane is typically carrying some cold, flu or other lurgy that most don’t even know they have at the time. It will pass but it will take it’s toll in many areas unrelated to health.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    I heard a good interview this am with the tourist person of Panama Beach, FL- basically said to use the same precautions there as you would at your home town- won't be in worse off at the beach than you will be at home so come on down and enjoy spring break!
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    My concern is quarantine, not being infected. I dont know about you guys but I dont care to be locked up for two weeks. If you get it out of town, that could be expensive, heck even in town it could be expensive as medical bills pile up. I think people who dont need to travel should stop traveling. I dont want your germs in my office and I dont plan to bring mine to yours. I know someone who has had to work from home for a month so they dont get infected by anything (not related to Corona) and they said it was horrible, like being in jail. Couldnt go to work, couldnt go to the store or restaurants or social events.... house arrest. No thanks. If you ask me those traveling who dont need to are not taking the possibility of quarantine seriously enough.
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    @randy56 plus you owe me a cold one so you better show up 
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish it was already boating season,  87 octane fuel prices are less than 2 bucks a gallon.  My brand new 63 gallon fuel tank is sitting on empty.  I'm considering towing to fill up with stabilizer this weekend just in case fuel prices spike back to 2.50 plus.
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    As to quarantine, there's a bigger risk of getting in an auto accident and spending a month or more in the hospital than getting quarantined for a fancy new flu. 

Wash your hands. Don't touch your face.  Repeat.  Stock up on cheap fuel, stabilize it.