Options

Virus

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Michael T that is why im not going to participate in this nonsense.  Thank you for posting that info.  I had figured that was the case.  I will continue to wash my hands because that's just basic personal hygiene which i already do.  I hope most people already do as well, after all, its basic hygiene.
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    Tom Hanks has it LOL
    Life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know whatcha gonna get! 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my monthly blood transfusion on Tuesday. Watched a nurse (this is in the highly specialized section) in a major hospital. Turn the tap on with her hand, wash her hands vigorously then shut the tap off with her hand.........Whisky - Tango - Foxtrot????  Just had to smile! Too funny!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know anyone who has this virus????
  • Options
    Michael T said:
    I got my monthly blood transfusion on Tuesday. Watched a nurse (this is in the highly specialized section) in a major hospital. Turn the tap on with her hand, wash her hands vigorously then shut the tap off with her hand.........Whisky - Tango - Foxtrot????  Just had to smile! Too funny!
    I do this in all public restrooms, and i open the door with a paper towel.

Menus are one of the the dirtiest things in a restaurant.  Wash your hands after ordering.  Dont touch your cup after you've touched the menus.

@Handymans342 i dont know anyone but there are several schools around me with children who are self quarantined.  My sons school is considering online school for 30 days.  
  • Options
    Liberal policies have killed more people than all virusus this year worldwide!!!!! Bahahahahhahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think before this is over, we all will have had it. I can only assume all the shutting down of everything is so we don't all have it at the same time overwhelming the healthcare system. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    It gives you cold/flu like symptoms.

Also, from the time you get it to when it's no longer contagious is about to weeks.

So it's like having the flu or a bad cold.

There's no need to go to a doctor unless you have complications or a compromised immune systems.

Lysol the entire house like you do to keep from spreading a cold.  Don't leave the house, dont to go work.  You wouldn't go yo work with the flu would you ..or a restaurant....or chruch...or to your kids karate class????  

Same stuff you do to keep from spreading a cold or flu to your family and co workers.

Im a parent so i always have a medicine cabinet full of allergy/cold/flu meds as well as other basic medications.  I even keep left over muscle relaxers or pain killers from surgeries in case i have to fly.    Id rather have a few beers before flying but those are a good morning flight beer alternative.  I hate flying.

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just looked at the map, the nearest case is 2 hour's by car from our town. Do not know anyone that has it. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Looked at FL- last week two cases...west coast...then panhandle...the east coast.mmthen next county over...then last night next town over. Point is as time goes on, it will happen and we will survive but it's going to hurt.
  • Options
    I havent changed a thing except for the hand and phone sanitizing stuff. If I go in the pool everyday is my whole body sanitized??
  • Options
    Is your pool heated? Mine is way to cold still to get in. And no, probably not! I'm taking a day off the next 7 weeks to burn off some vacation time...so I'll get some extra boating time and work around the house time. Also companies that do sanitizing of buildings will flourish and grow- sounds like some new vehicle sales opportunities to me!
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They closed my wife’s school for next week as a precaution. She feels it might be longer than a week...
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    icoultha said:
    I’m not into conspiracy theories but this is interesting, so...... was it an experiment that escaped into the wild?? 

Koontz wrote this book in 1981, read the circled/ highlighted bits make you wonder what they are up too. He even has the year 2020.

I just saw this on Facebook in a different book... 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Very strange, who plagiarize who? It’s word for word from Dean Koontz’s book ??
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Koontz was wrong...dogs can carry it!!!  

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    I got a call right in the middle of a print job for a opening of a broad yaw show to stop the job .now I have 60 ,000 postcards printed one side waiting for things to get back to normal 
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll just continue going to dirty restaurants and have my food served on the dirty menus in the bathrooms. Gotta build up that immune system 😁
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    I won't panic till I see the shelves empty at the liquor stores
  • Options
    I have two boats and a kitchen stocked with toilet paper, hand sanitizer, soap and liquor.  Bring on the apocalypse.    
  • Options
    The admiral buys tp at sams club.  
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    @GMSLITHO I feel your pain brother. 
  • Options
    earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    GMSLITHO said:
    I got a call right in the middle of a print job for a opening of a broad yaw show to stop the job .now I have 60 ,000 postcards printed one side waiting for things to get back to normal 
    Sure hope you got a deposit on those!
  • Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    People are panic buying and stripping the shelves of food at Trader Joe's and other markets here. My sons are in New York City and Boston, same there. Prepping - not just for hillbillies anymore.
    Andy
  • Options
    Our school corp just said school is closed 3 weeks till April 3rd. A part of that was spring break week. I bet they will have to make up two weeks of it.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

NHL, NBA, MLB, MLS all postponed. Major shows cancelled. Even Euro 2020 and Summer Olympic cancellations being debated.  Stocks down about 30%, Bitcoin down 50%, Gold down 12%, Silver down 20%. Orders being cancelled. Projects being cancelled. Cruises suspended for 2 months. Many airlines cancelling flights. Italy, Belgium, Denmark, Spain all declared states of emergency and only essential business are legally able to stay open (defined as groceries, pharmacies and emergency services). Schools basically in USA and Canada closed for 3 week (2 weeks following spring break).

Can anyone calculate the economic impact of all this?  I can tell you, we have NEVER gone through an economic loss like this before ... sure WW1 and WW2 left us in tatters ... and I don't see it being that bad, but they started with not that much.  I'm talking $$$ lost, in such a short period of time ... like less than 1 month.  Trillions $$??

So ask yourself, why on earth would the governments do this if it's just one big joke?

They are not telling us something ...

Anyhow, watch this video, lots of good info in it.

https://youtu.be/E3URhJx0NSw

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Agree Mark, now here is my prediction, not just toilet paper will be a shortage. Food is next.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    My sister-in-law sent me this pic. Her friend was at Whole Foods, this is what it looked like. My wife had a feeling that this might happen, she started shopping 2 weeks ago. We’re stocked for a while.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    aero3113 said:
    My sister-in-law sent me this pic. Her friend was at Whole Foods, this is what it looked like. My wife had a feeling that this might happen, she started shopping 2 weeks ago. We’re stocked for a while.

Cart is small - it wouldn’t hold much anyway :)
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    LoL! That’s funny @YYZRC !
    2008 330EC