Options

CIVID Boating

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah it's just the flu...man up you bunch of puss@ys
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    Well I’m from Texas, in Florida too, and just got off a tube with 200 other people. Certain death, for sure!
  • Options
    From what I saw on the news, it almost sounded like an air plane was one of the safest places to travel with the cabin air exchange rate?
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didn't offer the nice young lady and her friend a boat ride on the 270 booze cruise j3ff express?   

Whatever happened to southern hospitality?  
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TonyG13 said:
    Wait a minute! Other than hockey, people fight in Canada?!  :)
    Pull my beer out of my hand, and see what happens. That and bacon ... or ribs, steak ... just don't pull it out of my hands.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or donuts Eh!
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Tell a Canadian his syrup tastes lame
  • Options

• Options
    Too windy to boat today so went out for our first restaurant meal in 4 months. On a patio 10 feet away from everybody. 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell a Canadian his syrup tastes lame
    My blood pressure just ticked up...

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Im not trying to cause an international conflict
  • Options
    Currently anchored off this little beach we frequent. It would normally be packed but the community couldn't control the large numbers of non residents coming in from other areas and gathering in large groups. So they just flat out shut it down. Can't block water access of course. Too bad the local residents have to suffer.

• Options
    Well that's what happens...we hit 400000 infected, go Florida! I'm sure it is much higher than that. Our economy is really going to tank...
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup.. little shut downs like that are happening in the keys too. 
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would normally be packed but the community couldn't control the large numbers of non residents coming in from other areas.

I can see the orange fence. they had to block the parking also. 

Cabin fever is getting people. Not being able to come and go as there used to. Shame the locals are shut out also.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    rasbury said:
    Well that's what happens...we hit 400000 infected, go Florida! I'm sure it is much higher than that. Our economy is really going to tank...
    Ras, stop drinking the koolaid ok? 4 mil positive out of 330 mil plus all the illegals equals what percent??
  • Options
    First, I dont think it is as serious for most of the population as first thought. I also think it has spread much more than ever thought. Testing is useless. The people, for the most part, is us old farts an elderly. I have no answers and just will be careful....
  • Options
    As we suspected might happen. Too many new and inexperienced boaters.

New boaters testing the waters during COVID-19 blamed for reckless, 'discourteous' behaviour
  • Options
     That Inexperience boater just made a life time memory.  

"Boats are going so quickly and they are selling like hot cakes around here," said Osler, who heard that one local marina sold 100 personal watercraft in one day and had 100 orders it couldn't fill.

Next year you'll find a lot of jet ski's for sale.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    If he survived. Unfortunately one dead and six injured. No word yet if the deceased was the driver or not, but based on some pics I've seen I think it was likely the front passenger as the windshield on that side was bent right back against the gunwales as if somebody flew through it.
    This next one is even more tragic. Doesn't talk about the experience of the boaters, but what Captain would let someone hang off a ladder to "wet their feet"? Particularly when conditions on that part of the lake at the time would have seen 3 foot rollers easy, maybe more. That part of the lake is also some of the deepest, ranging from 60 to 125 feet.
    https://barrie.ctvnews.ca/body-of-toronto-woman-swept-into-lake-simcoe-found-1.5091765#:~:text=BARRIE%2C%20ONT.,underwater%20search%20and%20recovery%20unit.
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    I just sold my seadoo for at least $2500 more than it was worth last year. Keeping the stash aside waiting for the for sale bubble next Spring.   Just heard the $2000 per month Covid money has to be paid back if you earn more than $37,000/yr.  A lot of people will have to come up with a lot of cash next Spring. 
  • Options
    Sad story Will, the young pretty girl , in rough waters with no life jacket. Another captain making life time memory for all those aboard. I could  not live with myself if I killed someone.   
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    @halifax212 Just curious about the $2 k pay back, you think it is legit? Where did you find the info? 
    smart move to sell, if you want to upgrade now is the time to sell, the season is coming to a close. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    @randy56 My wife saw the update in the newspaper regarding the emergency relief payments. Any amount earned over $37,000 you have to pay back at a rate of 50 cents on the dollar. The government took a lot of heat for giving everybody affected by Covid layoffs the 2K per month.  Seems now that it was a loan if you make over $37K.  Still was an excellent program, but this will catch a lot of people off guard come tax time next April.
  • Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    @randy56 My wife saw the update in the newspaper regarding the emergency relief payments. Any amount earned over $37,000 you have to pay back at a rate of 50 cents on the dollar. The government took a lot of heat for giving everybody affected by Covid layoffs the 2K per month.  Seems now that it was a loan if you make over $37K.  Still was an excellent program, but this will catch a lot of people off guard come tax time next April.
    Are you talking about in Canada? They only thing that has to be repaid in the U.S. is the payroll taxes if you or your employer choose to take part in the tax holiday program.
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I am not aware of $2000/month here? We did get the $1200/person and I know there was the $600/week unemployment but those are the only ones I'm aware of?
  • Options
    @halifax212 is in Canada. Anyone off work for Civid was eligible for $2000 a month in benefits but the fine print is that it is consideredsid taxable income and if you earn past a max of $ 37,000 for the year there's a claw back.
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    Taxes in Canada? No way! Lol 😒
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Gotta pay for that "free" healthcare somehow!  ;)
  • Options
    Thanks @halifax212 did not realize, you were talking about Canada. But if poor folks were in need your government stepped up. 
    Boat Name :