1131415161719»

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    War with China soon
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    War with China soon
    Wow. This went south fast. Don't take this the wrong way but don't think for a second they'd be a push over. Besides, if trade with China collapsed so would the U.S. economy. You no longer have the manufacturing capacity to produce all the goods that come from there and it would take years to put it in place. Whether you want to believe it or not they already own half the infrastructure. And the Panama Canal that most of the goods travel through.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll get us back. New news's. As you see in the last paragraph some folks have decided they are not as smart as they thought they were. The virus does not discriminate. 

(CNN)With the recent increase of Covid-19 infections and hospitalizations due to the spread of the highly transmissible Delta variant, health experts and officials expect the surge to worsen as long as large segments of the country remain unvaccinated.

"We will see this big, steep acceleration," Dr. Peter Hotez, co-director for the Center for Vaccine Development at Texas Children's Hospital, told CNN's Anderson Cooper on Friday. "As bad as things are right now in the South, they are about to get worse for lots of unvaccinated individuals."

The US averaged 652,084 doses administered per day -- whether a first or a second shot -- over the past week as of Friday, according to the CDC. That's up almost 27% from the average seen about three weeks ago.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    These corrupt politician are going to USE COVID for any reason to cont the POWER they have now, plus the millions of dollar they are taking because covid. Remember iraq where are the mass destruction weapon, which keep ours troop in danger for so long. because the war machine needs their war and they need covid to keep us in check mate now  
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s so sad. You have the anti vaccine folks here that are similar to all of the anti vaccine folks all over . Zero facts, zero evidence, zero data. Spouting nonsense about conspiracy theories. You can’t come up with any actual data so you blame whoever you can come up with as you post nonsense with no data or facts to support. Then you have logic, facts, and statistics showing the vaccine works and prevents the virus as posted by Randy. So sad that barely 50% of Americans in the north and only 40% of Americans in the south have the gift of common sense to go get the vaccine and stop the spread. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    No vaccine will ever stop the spread of any virus. To say that any vaccine will prevent a virus is absolutely incorrect - that's contrary to pure epidemiology and genetic virus science. Vaccinations will, to some extent, slow down the spread of a virus and lessen the severity of it. There is no magic bullet for this or any other virus, just the ability to mitigate the severity. The influenza virus has been with us for decades and vaccinating against it is always a gamble as it will be with C19 variant D, E etc. etc.
  • Options
    Is any covid vaccines 100% approve by FDA?. well we are best cont talking about boating and our beatiful  Rinker boats and let everyone to make their own personal choices in ther life. Remember life is to short, enjoy the summer.
  • Options
    No  (2 days ago) none of the vaccine have been approved. Take's time. 
    While nearly 190 million Americans have received at least one Covid-19 vaccine dose—57% of the population aged 12 and over—and there’s a nationwide campaign to encourage vaccination, the federal government hasn’t yet fully approved Covid-19 vaccines. Rather, the vaccines are currently authorized for “emergency use.” For some people, especially those who may be on the fence about getting vaccinated, it’s a distinction with a major difference. The word “emergency” invokes concerns about safety and the vaccines being experimental, despite existing and continuously growing clinical evidence showing the vaccines are safe and effective for people aged 12 and older. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GMSLITHO said:
    Pretty standard looking "protect your A$$" corporate supply contract.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The science hasn't proven that any covid vaccine has:
    A: no serious side-effects
    B: its even 50% effective at preventing you from catching/spreading covid or lessening the symptoms/shorter time having said symptoms 

If science had proven its effectiveness and short/long term safety then the FDA  would have approved it.

The FDA is still struggling  with the whole  "heart healthy " approval they were slapping on foods like your  favorite cartoon  breakfast cereal like frosted flakes.. .good for your heart so long as all that sugar doesn't leave you with diabetes.

Regan said it best...when the government says its here to help, you need to start worrying.   Granted he was selling coke via the CIA to fund a coop to overthrow Castro.   

They are all over providing this free vaccine but where is all the free insulin for diabetes patients  that didn't realize  how unhealthy their diet was despite buying "heart healthy" foods and following the FDA approved  food pyramid? 

Isn't it funny that communism was the world's biggest threat up until we started relying  on China  for everything.. the words "Chinese  prostitute" when searched in Google return images like LeBron  James, John Cena and countless American/world leaders. 

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    That’s great 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another 25% or more of healthy Americans getting vaccinated will absolutely slow the spread. That is correct, fact, right… again I know the anti vaccine folks are not big on science, facts, data and research but:

SALT LAKE CITY — If we want to slow the spread of the new Delta variant of COVID-19, we need to encourage our friends and families to get vaccinated, because if we don’t, the evolved virus will most certainly spread throughout schools this fall, according to an infectious disease expert at Intermountain Healthcare. 

Dr. Eddie Stenehjem said Friday most of the new cases of COVID-19 in Utah still occur in unvaccinated people. 

“This isn’t rocket science,” he said in a news conference. “The lower the vaccine rate, the higher the number of cases.”

07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    edited August 2021
    The unfortunate/inconvenient truth is that medical and governmental regulatory authorities have contradicted themselves so many times that the general public has lost faith in their pronouncements. We know the PCR test fails 50% (at least) of the time - FACT.  Some countries refuse to accept the efficacy of Astra-Zeneca or Moderna and any vaccination that involves either of the two aforementioned even if combined with Pfizer. THAT is a FACT. The only double vaccination that is universally recognized for its efficacy is the Pfizer platform. The Canadian Government has petitioned the WHO asking them to uphold the efficacy of mixed vaccine doses because they recommended that protocol and now many Canadians will NOT be able to travel to other countries - the U.S.A. for example. The concern is so great that the Canadian Province of Quebec is offering its citizens a THIRD dose to overcome this shortfall. THAT is a FACT. As for the pronouncements from some government hack, former drug company employee (Fauci) or some medical graduate from Botswana - that's opinion......and no it's not rocket science - a high school diploma in biology/chemistry from a recognized institution would alert the graduate to the incredible and conflicting nonsense regarding C19 coming from many medical/governmental personnel.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    "Your well-reasoned internet post has totally changed my mind about this hot-button political topic."
    --said no internet user, ever.   :D

I'm tuning out this conversation.  When it comes to boating, you folks are fabulously interesting, innovative and resourceful.  But you SUCK at trying to be armchair epidemiologists.  You really are not good at it, and neither am I.  It's boring and tedious.  

So:  a rabbi, a priest and a nun cruise into a marina on an outboard diesel hardtop ...
  • Options
    Out of curiosity have you looked at the price tag on the outboard diesels?  

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,564 mod

Finally, something interesting on this thread.
     I'm glad I boated all weekend and not once looked on this site...
    So, those that are unsure about vaccine and haven't gotten it.  Where would we be if nobody got it? Do you think we'd be better off?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Dream_Inn said:

Finally, something interesting on this thread.
     I'm glad I boated all weekend and not once looked on this site...
    So, those that are unsure about vaccine and haven't gotten it.  Where would we be if nobody got it? Do you think we'd be better off?
    Only time will tell.  I don't trust our government or any news media at this point.   

• Options
    I agree with LaRea, time to let this die. I did get my CC out this week end for the 4th time. Findlay got into some choppy water to see how it handled it. The other time's out it was flat. I'm very pleased. Not as smooth as the 270. But not bad a t all. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭
    The "science" of all this is subjective.   There are many, many things published that support ANY view you want.  So.....it boils down to, believe what you want to, there is lots of stuff to support it, either way.   

Boat on.... B)
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Do anyone install a bleeding vlv after the discharge of the A/C raw water pump to bleed off the line during a/c  filter cleaning. I am getting a lot of air during this routine maintenance.  Thx 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    oscar1 said:
    Do anyone install a bleeding vlv after the discharge of the A/C raw water pump to bleed off the line during a/c  filter cleaning. I am getting a lot of air during this routine maintenance.  Thx 
    My ac has a bleed valve right before the ac water inlet. 

The easiest way for me to bleed the system when I forget to close the sea **** before loading on the trailer is to use a garden hose to push water back into the system from the ac water discharge thru hull .

I stole the idea from I think @LaRea.  Works wonders as it can take me 20 to 30 min to bleed the system  from dry using my bleeder valve .

I have a 110 drop cord I use to hook the water pump directly to the power so I don't over heat my compressor while bleeding.   

• Options
    edited August 2021
    @oscar1....there was a good thread on this a while back with lots of good ideas. I posted pictures of two valve set-ups for pressurizing and winterizing both the AC and generator.
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    Thx Michael, I am going to look  for it.